Behind the Scars

Friend

Allie was in her room, cleaning as she hummed along to the stereo in the corner. Thankfully she had a few burnt cds laying around her room that she could stick in her old cd player. She swayed her hips to the sound of HIM playing, and sung along to Ville Valo's perfect voice.

I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
And I've been crying for you
Dying for you all this time
I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
And I'm not gonna
Lose you tonight
No, I ain't gonna lose you tonight

The Joker stood by the door with a smirk on his face as he watched her sway her hips along to the music and sing. She looked so beautiful in the moment. She turned around, and her eyes went wide in embarrassment.

"Don't like an audience?" He ask.

She looked away blushing, she had no clue what to say.

He chuckled. Not the evil chuckle, but a genuine one. She smiled lightly and sighed as she looked around the room. "At least it's clean. . ." She said hoping to remove some of the tension.

The Joker was about to open his mouth to say something, but there was a pounding on the door downstairs. His eyes went wide, and so did Allie's.

"Would his people knock?" She ask.
"I doubt it." He said.
"Don't answer it yet!" He said, walking quickly to the bathroom and began removing his make-up.

Luckily Trey had left some normal clothes in the bedroom he was staying in. The Joker quickly changed out of his Joker apparel.

Allie could hear Alexis yelling for her to open up.

"It's just my friend, Alex!" She said.

He walked out and she was stunned that he was wearing a pair of casual jeans and a t-shirt. He looked incredible in casual clothing.

"You're not going to hurt her. . . are you?" Allie ask softly.
"Just go answer the door before she leaves and reports you missing or something."

She smiled, as she darted down the stairs and rushed to the front door. Alex was getting ready to walk off the porch when the door finally opened.

"About damn time, Al!"
"Sorry. . . I was upstairs."

Alexis walked into the room.

"You haven't answered my calls!"
"I lost my cellphone." Allie said.
"What about the home phone?"
"I forgot to pay my bill."
"What about emailing me? I've been worried!"
"My laptop crashed as well."
"What shitty luck." Alex said.

Allie just nodded her head softly. About this time, The Joker decided to make his appearance. He walked down the stairs, in his casual clothing, and a fresh coating of Allie's make-up placed over his scars. Alex's eyes grew wide with excitement.

"And who is this?" Her friend ask.
"This is uhm. . . uhm. . ."
"Hi, my name is Jack." He said holding his hand out.

Allie was surprised by how nice he was being.

"Are you two dating or something?"
"He's a friend." Allie said quickly.
"Oh, well then." Alex said, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

Allie knew her friend all too well. She was flirting.

"Are you single?" Alex ask.
"Of course." He said smirking.

Allie was stunned by Alex. She knew she was always blunt, but was it necessary to hit on a guy she had just met?

"Can you get me a drink?" Alex ask Allie.

Allie nodded her head. She knew Alex would take advantage of this time to put a move on Joker/Jack. She wondered if Jack was really his name. She sighed, as she pulled a soda out of the refrigerator, and took it into the living room. She handed it to her friend.

"So, how long are you going to be in town?" Alex ask.
"I don't know."
"We should hang out sometime."
"I'm pretty busy." Joker/Jack answered.
"Too bad. I'd really like to spend some time with you." Alex said winking.

Allie sighed. Alex was her best friend, and was always there for her. But when it came to a man-- she was clueless. Allie giggled at what Alex's reaction would be if she knew he was really one of Gotham's most dangerous criminals.

"So, are you sure you don't wanna hang out anytime?" Alex ask, before she left.
"I'm sure." Joker/Jack said.
"Well alright then. Bye Allie!" She said, hugging her friend.

Once Alex was out of the room, he just groaned.

"I didn't expect her to be like that."
"Only around guys." Allie said, locking the door.

She turned around and faced him, "So, if your name really Jack?"
"Maybe. . . maybe not." He said, as he turned around and walked up the stairs, leaving Allie standing there confused.

Not only confused about what his name was. . . but confused as to why she felt so jealous when Alex was hitting on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image