Behind the Scars

Jealously

She stood there for several minutes just wondering if his name was really Jack. Of course it wasn't! Why would he tell anyone his real name. She groaned, as she walked into the kitchen and began cleaning. It was already spotless, but she needed to take her mind off things. She felt JEALOUS when Alex was flirting with him. She knew she shouldn't have-- but she did. She sighed, as she placed some dishes into the sink harshly. She hated this-- was she developing feelings for this psychopath? Wasn't that called something?

"Stockholm syndrome." She mumbled.

She then heard foot steps behind her, "psychological response sometimes seen in abducted hostages, in which the hostage shows signs of loyalty to the hostage-taker, regardless of the danger or risk in which they have been placed" He said.

She turned around and looked deep into his brown eyes.

"What?"
"That's the definition." He said smirking.
"I knew the definition."
"Then why was you mumbling the word as if you didn't know what it meant?" He ask.
"Because! I was thinking."
"Thinking?" He said, taking a seat on a stool, "What about?" He ask.
"That's none of your business." She stated, and turned around to continue with the dishes.

He chuckled, "Clearly it was about me."
"You don't know that." She snapped back, still not facing him.

He couldn't do it any longer. He couldn't pretend that he hadn't developed some sort of feelings for the woman standing in front of him. He knew it was wrong, but he couldn't help it. She had somehow weaseled herself into his heart. He wasn't sure how he felt towards her just yet, but he did know he would do anything to protect her.

He watched as she cleaned the dishes and place them in the cabinet. He chuckled, they was already clean to begin with. She was clearly trying to take her mind off of something.

"My name is really Jack." He said.

She dropped her dish cloth in the sink when she heard him speak. She slowly turned around and looked at him. Was this just another lie?

"Really?" She ask.
"Yeah."

She nodded her head and turned back around. He smiled, as he hopped off the stool and made his way over to her. He stood behind her, placing one arm on each side of her. She looked down and could see his pale skin. He was still dressed in the casual clothing from earlier. Her chest tightened, and her stomach had butterflies moving all about with him being so close. She was trying her best not to just melt.

Slowly she felt his hands being placed on her hip, he began turning her around. She swallowed hard. She didn't know what to expect. Soon she was looking directly into his eyes. He was towering over her small frame. She didn't know what he was thinking. He had a look of determination in his eyes. Was he going to kill her? He leaned down close to her and she could feel his breath on her face.

Her mouth slowly parted open a bit, longing to have his lips on hers.

He looked down into her green eyes, and realization hit him. He was so close to her; their bodies were touching in several different places, and his lips were only an inch or two away from hers. He closed his eyes.

"I'm going upstairs." He said softly, and pulled away from her.

Allie watched as he walked away, leaving her standing there feeling like a bowl of jello. She was so positive he was going to kiss her. He had the look in his eyes. He was so close. She swallowed hard. Had she done something wrong? Did she smell? Did her breath smell? She licked over her lips and shook her head as she turned back around began cleaning the rest of the dishes.

He groaned as he shut the door to the guest room behind him. Why didn't he do it? He was so close.

He was scared of rejection. He didn't know what he would have done if she wouldn't have kissed him back. He needed to take his mind off her for the time being. He pulled the cell phone out of his pocket and phoned Trey to see if they had any new leads to Maroni.

"Boss-- we're outside his house right now."
"Anything out of the ordinary?"
"Actually yes. Two black SUVs are in the drive way right now. We were going to phone you when someone got inside them."
"Ok. Just watch them."
"You got it. I'll phone when we see something."

The Joker hung up the phone and stuck it back in his pocket. He walked over to the bed, and pushed up the mattress. He placed several of the knives in his pockets, and then placed a gun around his waist. He walked back down the stairs and saw her walking out of the kitchen.

"We might be getting company soon."
"Who?"
"Your father-- or at least someone who works for him."
"What are we going to do?" She ask.
"I'm prepared." He answered.

He began walking into the living room, but her voice stopped him. "Jack?" She said.

He turned around slowly, and watched as she walked over to him.

"Hmm?" He ask.

She didn't speak a word. Instead she closed the space between them by wrapping her arms on the back of his neck and pulling his face down to meet hers. Her lips connected to his, and he felt alive for the first time in years. He slowly moved his hands, so they were sitting on her hips as their tongues danced together in pure ecstasy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image