Behind the Scars

Prize

When they finally broke the kiss, they just looked deep into each others eyes. He knew he wasn't alone in this. She had made the first move. She wanted this just as much as he did. He looked into her green orbs and then sighed, "Come with me." He said.

She followed him up the stairs and into the guest room. He had his purple suit now laying on the bed. She watched as he unbuttoned the blouse he had on, and drop it to the floor. Her mouth nearly dropped when she saw how muscular and defined his upper torso was. She tore her eyes away and studied the ground. She thought she heard a quite chuckle coming from him, but she couldn't be sure. Her mind was very cloudy with all of the recent behaviors. She listened as he changed pants, but still kept her eyes on the ground.

"You can look up you know." He said.

She looked up into his piercing brown eyes. He sighed as he ran his fingers through his fading green hair. Walking over to the mirror he opened the small containers of make-up and quickly applied a sloppy layer of face paint to his face. Once he turned around, she noticed he was in full Joker gear.

"Can you use a gun?" He ask.
"I. . . I never have before." Allie admitted.

He didn't look impressed. He was hoping she didn't need to use a gun, but he didn't want to leave her unprotected if something did happen to him. He walked over and picked up a small pistol from the table.

"I'm taking the safety off-- if they come, I want you to hide in the closet. I'll come after you once I take care of them-- but if for some reason they actually get through me then you'll be prepared." he said handing her the gun.

"How many will there be?" She questioned.
"I'm not sure-- I know he'll send at least three or four." The Joker said.
"Why don't we just leave?" She ask.
"Because, I'm not a coward. Plus-- I think Maroni knows a little bit more about me than he should."
"What do you mean?" Allie ask.
"I just think I've been betrayed." The Joker said.

She didn't know what he meant by that. She was just hoping he wasn't referring to her.

He watched as she clutched onto the gun nervously.

He knew Maroni knew more than what he should. That much was obvious. Some of the details that Ace and King told him wasn't fitting together the way they should. Especially the details that Deuce was involved in. The Joker knew he wasn't stupid enough to get murdered-- he believed his death was staged. He had switched sides, and that made the Joker furious.

Allie and Jack didn't know when Maroni's men would arrive.

"It's getting late, Jack." She yawned.
"Exactly." He muttered, looking out the window.

Maroni's men weren't stupid. They wasn't going to come in broad daylight. They would wait until the middle of the night, when everyone was surely sleeping to make their attack.

"You can go to bed." He said.
"No! What about you?"
"Trust me-- I can take care of myself."

She sighed, "You don't accept help, do you?"
"I don't need help."
"But I'm offering my help." She said.
"The most helpful thing you can do for me is IF and WHEN they come, go to the closet like I told you. Stay there, don't make a noise, don't even breathe loudly." He said.
"But what if you get hurt?" She ask, showing how concerned she was for his well-being.

He saw the pain in her eyes when she mentioned him getting hurt. It made him feel different. He sighed, today he was feeling all kinds of new emotions. He didn't know how to deal with this. He didn't know how to deal with caring about someone other than himself.

"I'll be fine, Allie." He said.

She smiled, "You called me Allie." She stated.
"That's your name, is it not?"
"But you've never called me by it before."
"Today's a first for a lot of things." He said.

And he was right. She sit there on the recliner a bit longer. Listening to the quiet sounds outside. She watched as he got up.

"What is it?" She ask.

He shushed her with his finger as he walked over to the door and placed his ear against the wood. She watched as he closed his eyes, and reopened them. A odd look on his face.

"Go to the closet, now!" He said in a harsh whisper, motioning for her to go upstairs.

She stood up off the couch, and began making her dash for the stairs. She turned around before she went up them and looked at him. He was watching her. She mouthed for him to be careful, he simply nodded his head. Allie then took up the stairs quickly and got into the closet.

The Joker knew they planned on making their way through the front door. They would probably use some fancy lock opener to get through the locks. He took his favorite knife out of his pocket, and prepared himself for a battle. He wasn't about to lose this one-- a valuable prize was waiting this time. Her name was Allie, and she was hiding away in the closet upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image