Behind the Scars

Fight

The Joker picked up a large steel pipe that Allie had beside her door. He had no clue what a random pipe was doing there, but he assumed for protection. He held it in one hand, and watched as the door knob jingled. He could hear voices outside the door, several of them. The only thing he hoped was she stayed in the closet. The last thing he needed was her coming downstairs and causing a distraction for him.

The door flung open, and he watched as a brown shoe stepped forward. A wicked grin made it's way onto his scarred face, as he held the steel pipe up high in the air.

"You think he's here?" One of the men ask in a whisper.

The Joker let off a loud laugh, "I'm here, boys!" He cackled, swinging the pipe straight into the first one's head. The others pulled out guns, but he quickly hit them with the pipe also. It was a great weapon, knocking them unconscious quickly. There was many of them though, at least five or six.

"Go find the girl." One said.

The Joker tried to stop the short one from running up the stairs, but he failed due to the larger one leaping towards with a knife. The blade penetrated his calf, but he didn't stop swinging the pipe. He knew she was in trouble if he found her.

"You're dead, clown!"

The Joker grabbed the gun from his waist and then shot the man between the eyes. He wanted their deaths to be more painful and drawn out, but with Allie's life at sake, he wasn't taking any chances. Another man came charging at him, and he done the same thing. He chuckled. How sad was it that they had guns, and didn't use them?

He then placed a bullet into the head of both of the unconscious men, and quickly began going up the stairs. He groaned loudly when he heard a female scream.

Allie had her eyes closed, and she was biting down on her bottom lip when the closet door flew open. She didn't know how he found her. Was she sobbing? The guy reached in and grabbed her by the hair of the head, causing her to drop the gun Jack had gave her early. She struggled to break away from his grip, but he was strong.

"Stop your fucking screaming!" He yelled, smacking her across the face.

She thought quickly, and head butted him. He stumbled backwards, and she took advantage of this time to crawl towards the closet for the gun. She must have hit him pretty hard with her head, she could feel liquid leaking down her forehead. She grabbed the gun from the floor, but before she was able to even get up off her hands and knees, she was grabbed by the ankle.

"Don't you know any better than to fucking hit a man, Bitch!" The man yelled.

He reached down and flipped her over. She could see the flickering of a blade in his hands. She closed her eyes, as she placed the gun forward, pulling the trigger.

The Joker pushed open the bedroom door and came inside quickly, panicking when he heard the gunshot.. He looked around the room. Allie was laying in the floor, a small amount of blood oozing from her forehead, while a gasping body was spread across her bed. He walked over to the body, and realized a bullet had penetrated his chest. He took the blade from his pocket and ran it across his throat, stopping the gasp, and taking the man's life.

He looked down at Allie, and could see her shivering. He reached down and helped her to the floor. She wrapped her arms around him quickly and buried her face into his chest. He rubbed her back, hoping to sooth her.

"I killed him." She muttered.
"No. . . I did, you saved yourself." He told her.

He didn't want the guilt of killing a man on her conscious. He killed people everyday, but he knew that it would probably affect her.

"What are we going to do?" She ask.

He reached up and ran his finger over her face. She had a small cut over her left eyebrow. He looked back at the man and realized he had a eyebrow ring in. He frowned as he ran his thumb over the cut on her eye.

"We need to get out of Cumberland." He said.
"What? I can't leave."
"We have to-- I'm sure your neighbors heard the gunshots."
"But."
"Come on. Pack some things quickly, we need to go."

She done as he said, and packed up some of her things quickly. Only the things she would need the most, like clothing, and essentials. Once she was finished with her packing, he helped her pack everything down the stairs.

"How much do you love this house?" He ask.
"It's my home." She said.
"You can find another home though, right?" He ask.

She just shrugged her shoulders, and then watched as he took a box of matches off her counter. He then began placing the lit matches on several different things in the house. She watched as her sofa went up into flames.

"Come on. We've got to go before the cops arrive." He said.

She picked up the bags she had packed and then walked into the garage with tears streaming out of her eyes. She climbed inside the van. This was the only place she had ever considered home, and now it was going to go up in flames.

"What now?" She ask, when they were headed out of town.
"We're heading back to Gotham." He said.
"Gotham?" She ask.
"They won't expect us there-- I've got to put you some place safe." He stated.

She didn't know what to think. She had just lost her house-- the house her mother had left her. But, she was safe; and it looked like he was going to do everything in his power to keep her safe.

"What's going to happen when this is all over?" She ask softly.
"We'll see." He answered, unsure of what she wanted to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image