Behind the Scars

Gotham

They arrived in Gotham early the next day. The Joker looked over and saw that she was curled up in the seat sleeping. She looked so angelic. He frowned seeing the scratch on her forehead. The bleeding had stopped, but dried blood was all around the small scratch. He chucked lightly to himself. He had never been concerned with anyone but himself, and now here he was worried about a small scratch on her forehead-- when he was the one who got stabbed in the calf. Shaking his head, he pulled into the garage. His men were probably still sleeping at this time. He reached over and brushed a lock of hair out of her face. She stirred slowly.

"Hi." She whispered.

He blinked his eyes and sighed, "Hi." he said.
"Where are we?" She ask.
"Gotham, my hideout." He said.
"You gonna kill me off?" She ask, a small smile on her lips.

He grinned, "Not today." He said, winking.

She laughed. It was the best sound in the world for him. He realized that it must have been hard for her to watch her house burn in the rear view mirror, but it had to be done. If the cops went there and found five dead bodies, then she would possibly be on a wanted list for murder.

"Let's go inside." He said opening the door.

She nodded her head slowly, and picked up one of her bags from the back. He had the other two tossed over his shoulder. She followed him through a old wooden door, and into a room that looked like a living area. There was a old torn sofa, a small broken coffee table, and a television set from what looked like the 1980s in the room. There was also beer cans, liquor bottles, and poker cards laying all around.

"It's a bunch of guys living here-- don't expect it to be clean."

She smiled weakly, as they walked up the old stairs. She stood behind him as he knocked on a door. Soon, the guy who she remembered as Trey stood there shirtless.

"I'm back." The Joker said.

Trey looked behind him and looked at Allie. "And you brought company." Trey said raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah. Spread the word to the boys. I'm going to uhm. . . settle back in." He said.

He then walked further down the hallway, and opened another door. This time he walked into the room, and Allie followed in behind him. It was a bedroom, with one queen sized bed in the middle of the room. A dresser, and another worn couch was in the corner, while a small television was placed on a shelf.

"You'll have to stay in here. . . There aren't any other beds." He said.
"That couch looks comfy." Allie said with a small smile.

He laughed, "It's not-- but don't worry. You can have the bed. I'll take the sofa."
"No, no. This is your room."

He rolled his eyes, "I'll try to get you a dresser for your things."
"You don't have to." She said.

He sighed, "I'm trying to make this comfortable for you."
"But why?" She ask looking into his eyes.
"I. . . I don't know." He stuttered

She bit down on her bottom lip and looked down at the bags on the floor.

"I'll send one of the guys with you to go uhm. . . buy some food and stuff."
"Why don't you go with me?"
"I can't go out in public here like I did in Cumberland."
"How come?"
"Because in Gotham-- people would stare."

She walked over to him and raised her hand up and placed it on his cheek. The rough scarred skin was against her soft palm. She smiled, as she leaned up and placed her soft lips against his ruby red ones. This kiss didn't turn out like their other, it was soft, and short. She pulled away, and he had a tiny smile playing on his lips. He raised his gloved hands up and brushed some of the red lipstick that now stained her perfectly lush lips off.

"Are they gonna look for me?" She ask.
"Probably."
"Can't I just phone Alex and let her know I'm going out of town for awhile."
"And what about the fire?"
"I'm sure she'll tell me, and I can act shocked, and pretend to cry or something."
"Fine-- we'll get you one of those prepaid cell phones."

She nodded her head, and bit down on her bottom lip.

"Jack, thanks." She said.
"For what?" He ask.
"Saving me all the time."

He chuckled, "Just because I save you. . . it doesn't mean I'm the good guy." He said coldly.
"But you're my good guy." She said grinning.

His heart raced when she said 'my guy', clearly she didn't realize how she had said that sentence. He tried to keep his cool, and not show his body's reaction to her words.

He just rolled his eyes, "Get some sleep. I'll be back in a little bit."
"Where are you going?" She ask.
"I have something I need to look into."
"But you'll be back?"
"In a couple of hours."

She nodded her head, and walked over to the bed. She was surprised to find out comfortable it was. He walked over and pulled the covers up over her, and bent down and kissed her forehead. He knew how weak he looked. He had never been the type of guy to show affection, or act as if he cared about someone, but with Allie he couldn't help it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image