Behind the Scars

Stop

Allie tossed and turned in the big bed, before finally tossing the covers off her legs and looking over at the clock. She groaned when she saw it was two in the morning. She scanned her eyes around the room looking for Jack and he was nowhere to be found.

Burrowing her eyebrows together, she got up from the bed and walked out of the room and down the stairs. He had left a little while after he confessed he felt the same way. She assumed he would return shortly for bed, but he never did. They still hadn't slept in the bed together. He had been crashing on the torn couch downstairs. She knew it was uncomfortable. Spring were poking out, and it was even missing one of the cushions.

She rolled her eyes when she looked over at saw his long body spread out across it. A torn cover was tossed over his body. His hands were behind his back, and he looked like he was in agony. She slowly walked over and then leaned down, bringing her hand up to his face she gently began to stroke his cheek. He stirred a bit, and she giggled softly at how cute he looked when he was sleeping. Slowly his eyes fluttered open to reveal the dark brown orbs that she had started to adore so much.

"What are you doing?" He ask sleepily.
"Looking for you-- come to bed."
"I'm in bed." He stated.
"You're on a worn, spring poking out, half missing couch." She corrected him.

He groaned, "It's good enough."
"Are you scared I have cooties or something? I'm not going to rape you-- I promise."

He flinched. He detested the word rape with passion. He had witnessed his mother get raped before her death, and then he almost witnessed Allie get rape.

"I snore." He confessed.

She smiled softly, "Good thing I can sleep through a tornado then. . . Come on." She said, placing her small weak hand into his and pulling him up off the couch. He grinned, as he walked up the old stairs behind her.

He didn't want to sleep downstairs on the couch-- but he also didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by sleeping next to her. He didn't know how she would react with his body being so close to hers. They had never really been close for over a short amount of time. He licked his lips as he walked into the room. Her scent was everywhere. It smelled of strawberries and cream, a smell he was beginning to love.

He looked over at the bed, and noticed the covers were a mess. She must have been tossing and turning quite a bit. She walked over and snuggled in under the covers, placing her angelic face down on a pillow. He crawled in the other side, trying to keep as much distance between the two of them as possible.

Things were quiet for a few moments, and then he heard a giggle.

"You really think I'm going to rape you! Don't you?"

He once again flinched at the mention of the word. It really made his stomach turn.

"Can you please stop using that word?"
"What word?" She ask, clueless.
"Rape." He mumbled.

She burrowed her eyebrows together in the dark, and balanced herself up on one elbow.

"I was only joking."
"It's not something to joke about." He muttered.
"I'm sorry-- I won't say it again. . ." She said, leaning down and pulling the covers up over her. She decided to remain quiet for the rest of the night.

After about five minutes of her silence, he groaned. "I didn't mean for you to shut up completely. I just hate that word."
"I didn't know." She spoke softly.
"I know-- That's why I told you."
"Will you tell me why you hate it so much?" She ask, expecting to be back handed. All of the fear of him still hadn't faded.

He sighed, "Childhood memories." He said.

He didn't want her to know that it was also because of her. She scooted over close to him. He could smell the strawberries and creme stronger than ever now due to her closeness. She moved her head, and laid it on his chest, even though he was very tense with her being so close.. Allie listened to his heart beat for a few moments, not caring if he was wondering why the hell she had got so close to him.

Surprisingly, after a few moments, his body began to loosen up, and his strong arms wrapped around her, securing her in place. What come next was a complete surprise, a gently kiss was placed upon the crown of her head. A pleased smile spread across her face as she closed her eyes.

He listened as her breathing steadied, and then soon quiet snores came from her. He grinned widely when he realized she was asleep. . . in his arms. That had never happened before. He had never even really had a relationship before. There was one girl who he had slept with in his early twenties, but she was nothing more than him being curious. She didn't have feelings for him, and he didn't have feelings for her. He closed his eyes and followed her into sleep.

Meanwhile, while Allie and The Joker was sleeping. . . Sal Maroni and his men sit around a table discussing their next tactic. A new man had joined the table. Maroni's newest man, an ex worker of the Joker sit at the end of the table, prepared to spill any news he might have that would make killing the clown price of crime easier.

"So. . . Lenny. . . What can you tell us about his weaknesses?" Maroni ask.
"Honestly-- He really has none. He's just as heartless as the news reports bring him out to be. I've never seen the man express any interest in anything."
"Besides my daughter. . " Maroni said.
"I'm sure he has no interest in her." Lenny, or formally known as Deuce said.
"Why else would he be staying around her-- protecting her." Maroni said.
"He's using her to get to you. Once he's done with you, then she'll be history as well."
"I want her blood on my hands, not his." Maroni muttered.
"Boss-- maybe we should get the girl. Use her as bait to drag him in." One of his men suggested.
"One problem, Joe." Maroni said annoyed, and then yelled, "WE HAVE NO CLUE WHERE SHE IS. . . THE HOUSE IS BURNED TO THE FUCKING GROUND."
"I know where his hideout is." Lenny confessed.
"Perfect." Maroni spat.

Little did Lenny know, The Joker was already one step ahead of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image