Behind the Scars

Tight Grip

Allie fluttered her eyes opened, and smiled when she realized he was still in bed beside her. His arms were actually clutched tightly around her. She began wiggling her way out of his strong grip. He had such a tight hold on her, that it actually took her a few minutes to get out of the bed. When she finally managed to get out, she breathed in heavily and made her way to the bathroom. Once inside, she done her business and then washed her hands. She ran her hands through her stringy hair and rolled her eyes. She looked like hell-- she would defiantly be getting a shower today.

She walked out of the bathroom and saw he was wide awake, sitting up on the bed. She smiled gently, as she made her way over to the bed and got under the covers once again. He laid back and closed his eyes. She was surprised that he pulled her back in his arms once again. She snuggled up to him and smiled.

"What are you smiling about?" He ask.

She blushed. She didn't know he could tell about her smiling. She giggled nervously.

"I just like being here. . . with you." She confessed softly.
"Are you sure you're not insane?" He ask playfully.

She rolled her eyes, and leaned up and looked down into his brown eyes. He had a certain sparkle in them that wasn't there before. They didn't look as dead as they did when she had first looked into them.

"What's on the agenda for today?" She ask.
"Hmm. Someone needs to go out shopping and buy some food for this dump." He said.
"Oh-- is that someone me?" She ask.
"It is. . . But don't worry, I'll send one of the guys with you."
"What are you doing today?" She ask.
"I'm going to gather some research up. Then nothing." He said.
"What no bank robberies?" She ask.
"Not today. I need to lay low until I figure out Maroni's plan."

She shuddered hearing her father's name. She couldn't believe he was such a monster. Who would really allow their daughter to be raped? Who would beat their daughter? She frowned, as she recalled the only memories she would ever have of her real father. It was memories she wished she could forget. She didn't wish she wouldn't have came to Gotham though, coming to Gotham led to Jack, and she didn't know if she regretted that decision.

"Are you sure you can't go out with me?" She ask.
"Positive. The flying bat might be lurking the streets."

She borrowed her eyebrows together, "Flying bat?" She ask.
"Batman." he chuckled, "He's this masked super hero who thinks he's doing something good for the city."
"Isn't he?"
"I guess to some he is. He's not my favorite person though."

She grinned, "You're just a trouble maker though."

He smiled. It was weird having a casual conversation with someone. Even when he talked to the boys, he would still have to keep his Joker identity intact. With Allie, he was free to be Jack. He didn't have to worry about making her fear him, or being superior to her. He could just be himself.

"We should get up. I'm sure you want to get ready."

She bent her head down and pressed her mouth against his. He grinned into the kiss, as he slowly moved his hand up and placed them onto the back of her neck, causing her lips to mold into his even harder. She bit down on his bottom lip, and he groaned in approval. This was their most heated kiss yet, and both of them was enjoying every second of it. Soon, Allie pulled away breathless.

"I need to shower." She said softly, biting on her bottom lip.

He licked over his scars, "You do that then. . . I'm uhm, I'm going downstairs to tell one of them you're going shopping."

She nodded her head and watched as he disappeared quickly. She giggled softly to herself, as she made her way into the bathroom.

He walked into the living room and glanced around at the boys sitting on the couch. He decided that King would be the best choice to go with her. He needed the others for his researching. King was the slowest of them all, but he could still protect Allie if danger was near.

"King-- You're going with her into town. She's going to buy some food, and other stuff. Just keep an eye on her. Do not let her out of your sight. Call me immediately if you think any eyes are following her."
"Ok." King said.
"You two." He said, pointing to Trey and Ace, "Are coming with me. We're going to research on Nick Napier again." The Joker said, his jaw clenching when he mentioned his father.

The only goal he had in life, was making sure he gave his father got everything he deserved. Finding his father was harder than he thought it was going to be. The guys all questioned him on who Nick Napier was, but he just told them he was a man who he had unfinished business with.

"What about Maroni?"
"We'll deal with him later. Right now, I want to find out any information I can dealing with Nick Napier."
"Our search came up empty handed last time, Boss. Are you positive that's the name?" Ace ask.

His jaw tightened. "I'm positive that's his name. Apparently we wasn't looking hard enough." The Joker spat.

He turned around and walked back up the stairs. He was just hoping that King kept Allie safe. He was more concerned with her safety than he was actually finding out information on his father.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image