Behind the Scars

Father

Allie had the phone book in her hand and was looking up her father. She smiled when her eyes lingered over his name. He went by Sal Maroni-- or at least she was hoping so. She jotted down the address and then shut the book. Tonight she planned on going and talking to him. She couldn't wait to meet him. She laid back on the bed as she pictured him. She wondered if he'd be loving and quiet, or the strong and talkative type. She bit down on her bottom lip as she thought about finally having someone to walk her down the aisle on day.

She phoned Alex really quick, and told her that in just a few hours she was going to visit her dad. Alex told her to be careful and to phone back later that night. Allie agreed, and then ended her phone conversation and started to get ready for her night. She placed on a brown tank top, and a jean skirt. She allowed her make-up to be done in neutral tones, and straightened her hair. She placed all of her belongings in the car, and returned the card before leaving. Tonight would be the last night she stayed in that dump of a hotel.

She followed her directions, and brought her car to a stop just outside a mansion. Her mouth was dropped in awe, as she looked over the address again to make sure she had the correct address. She parked her car on the opposite curb, and locked it. She stepped out and smiled, as she adjusted her tank and began walking towards. The large steel gate was open, and many cars were parked in the front of the house-- she was hoping he didn't have a lot of family over. That would be awkward to meet your family for the first time in a situation like this.

It took her nearly five minutes to muster up the courage to ring the door bell. Once she did, she stood nervously with her hands behind her back. Her breath caught when the door opened to reveal a woman with her hair tied back into a bun. She was wearing a long white dress-- not an attractive one, one that looked like a maid.

"Can I help you?" The woman ask.
"uhm-- yes, I'm looking for a Sal Maroni."
"One second please."

The woman walked into another room, and looked over at her boss. He was in the middle of a mob meeting. She told him a young woman was waiting by the door for him. He walked over and opened the door. He couldn't get a good sight of her, and curiosity got the better of him so he walked over and stood by his front door, starring at the young woman in front of him. He saw so many of his own features in her. She had the same green eyes as him, and a noticeable mole on her cheek; which he had as well.

"Can I help you?" He questioned her.
"Sal?" She ask-- noticing his green eyes, and facial structure.
"Yes." He said
"Oh my God-- I can't believe I'm here!" She said excited.

Sal Maroni just looked at her with a blank expression.

"Why are you here?"
"You're-- Okay, I know this may sound weird, but you're my father. I'm Allie." She said smiling

Sal nodded his head-- he had heard this all before. Many people had come here and told him they was his children. Most of them probably were-- but he could care less. He had used each and every one of their mother's for sex; and he didn't want them.

"That's nice-- now if you would so gladly be on your way." He said.
"What?" She ask shocked.
"I said-- That's nice; now be on your way." He said getting angry.
"You don't even care that I'm your daughter?" She ask.
"No- I don't." He said, "Remove yourself from my property or I can do it for you."
"You're an asshole!" She blurted out quickly.

He smirked evilly.

"You're right-- I'm an asshole. Wait right here." He said, while he disappeared.

Allie folded her arms, and waited for a few seconds. He returned with two men by his side.

"Let's take this out back-- I've got some friends over." He announced.

Allie followed them through a side yard, hoping he was finally going to open his heart and allow her into it. She didn't know why he was so important-- she just never had a father figure in her life, and she so desperately wanted one.

Allie stood near a shed in his back yard and looked around. Sal Maroni looked around also, and then returned his face to hers and allowed yet another smirk to appear on his face.

"Let's see if you still consider me an asshole after this." He said, walking away.

Allie was confused as to what he meant, but then she felt her head collide into the wall of the shed. She looked up and saw one of the men hovering over her. The other chuckled, as his fit collided with her face. They kept taking turn about punching her. She was also hit with a steel pipe one found laying in the grass. She struggled to crawl away, but that only resulted in her having handfuls of grass. She knew what her mother had meant now; about warning her to stay away.

"Hey Joey-- did you notice she's wearing a skirt."
"That's easy access." The one named Joey said.
"Exactly."

Allie wanted to escape more than anything now. She knew what 'easy access' meant. She struggled to crawl away, but one of the guys grabbed her by the ankles, and pulled her into the shed with him. He pushed her jean skirt up, and pulled her panties down. She screamed out, hoping anyone would hear her.

The Joker and his men crossed over the backside of the Maroni fence. They knew Maroni was having the mob meeting at his mansion today. They were getting ready to walk by a old shed when they heard a scream. The Joker held up one finger, signaling his men to shut up and be quiet as he listened to the voices on the inside.

"Just do it, Joey! He doesn't care-- he sent us out here to kill her."
"But-- rape is different than killing someone." One said.
"Just fuck her! Or move out of my way and let me!"

There was one thing that the Joker couldn't stand, and that was rape. He didn't care what the woman had done-- or what the reason behind it was. He wouldn't tolerate rape. He had a reason behind it as well, although he hated reliving his past. He grabbed his knife and kicked open the shed door, and looked in on two guys standing over a crying girl. They had her skirt pushed up, and her panties were to the side, exposing her most intimate parts. She clutched her legs closed, and gasped when she saw his face in the door way.

She knew that was going to die now-- The crazy clown from the newspaper was here. Part of her was thankful though-- he saved her from being raped, but was he saving her just so he could kill her himself?

She watched as the two men tried to attack him, but he was much quicker than them. One fell backwards instantly holding his chest. She saw the blood gushing out of his white shirt. She looked up and saw the clown pinning the other guy against the wall. He kept mumbling something about respecting women. Allie couldn't make out what he was saying. She pulled her skirt down, and raised to her feet.

She was scared to run past him-- scared he would yank her by the hair and pull her back in and beat her like the other guys did. She rubbed her arms with her hands and sniffed as she watched him cut into the guys face. The guy, who she come to know as the Joker, carved a smile into the cheeks of the man. Once he was finished, he slit his throat, and allowed him to fall down to the ground. Allie looked up into his dead brown eyes.

He shook his head; and then disappeared from the shed. She stood there speechless for what seemed like minutes before realizing what was happening. He wasn't going to kill her? She stepped over the two dead bodies, and peeked outside the shed. They were now gone. She sighed-- but just as she was about to step out into the open, she felt two hands around her neck. She knew it had to be the one who had been stabbed first.

"Listen to me, bitch. We're going inside, you're my shield. Now fucking walk." He demanded.

Allie was scared to death as she walked inside the house. What was going to happen to her? The only thing that crossed her mind was the fact that soon she would be joining her mother.

Image