Behind the Scars

Dinner

Allie wiped the sweat off her forehead as she stood over the large steaming pot. She was fixing home made Chili, grilled cheese, and salad. She was making enough to feed an army, but she assumed that nothing would be left after all the guys had their filling. She didn't know when was the last time they had a real home cooked meal.

She dug through the cabinets for some plates. She found a few that weren't cracked or broken and placed them around the old table. She then found some forks and spoons, which were dirty. She brought them over to the sink and began scrubbing them clean.

"Mmm. Something smells good."

She turned around to see one of Jack's men standing in the door way. She gave him a friendly smile, and then turned around to finish her cleaning, "It's Chili, Grilled Cheese, and Salad." She said.
"Better than a cold sandwich for sure." Ace said.

She nodded her head and then dried the silver wear off. She walked it over to the table and placed one on each plate. She then returned back to the stove and stirred the Chili a bit more. She brought the large wooden spoon out of the pot, and blowed on it for a second before tasting it. She smiled, it tasted delicious to her. She just hoped Jack liked it.

The Joker walked in and was hit with a strong scent. He smiled, when he realized it was coming from the kitchen. He walked inside and leaned against the door frame as he watched her run back and forth between the counter and the stove. He licked over his lips, as he walked towards her, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

She jumped at first, but then realized it was just Jack. She knew his scent all too well. It was a mixture between his body wash, and gasoline.

"What are you cooking miss homemaker?"

She giggled, "Chili."
"Smells good."
"It's done. You wanna get your guys?"

He nodded his head, and walked out of the room. She got each of the guys a large bowl of chili, two grilled cheese sandwiches, and a small side salad.

She laughed when they all walked into the room with widened eyes. They immediately walked over and took their seats and began digging in quickly. They ate quickly, acting as if they hadn't saw a real meal in ages. Jack didn't eat as quick as them. He ate slowly, almost as if he was savoring the taste. She was sure he wasn't though, he probably just had other things on his mind. She nibbled away on her salad in peace.

"You cook good." One said, in between bites.

She smiled gently and thanked him quietly. She looked over at Jack and noticed he was still in deep concentration on something. She wished he wasn't so closed up. She wanted to know what he was thinking, but knew not to ask.

Once they ate their bellies full. She began packing the dishes to the sink. She started running the water, and Jack sighed, "Don't do the dishes-- we'll get them later."
"It's fine, really. I wanna do something."

He chuckled, "You can do them later then, let's go upstairs."

She smiled softly, and nodded her head as she followed him up the stairs. They walked through the living room and saw all three of the guys sitting on the couch. They ate too much and needed time to recover.

They walked into their bedroom and she sighed. She needed to clean it. Dust was all over the furniture and the bed hadn't been made since she arrived. He burrowed his eyebrows together.

"What?" He ask.
"I need to clean this room-- and I need to do laundry. Do you have a washer anywhere? Or I can use the sink. . ."
"I'll have them go get you a washer and dryer." He said smiling.

He had always just washed his clothes in the small bathroom sink.

"No, I can use the sink."

He raised his hands up and cupped his face. Leaning down he brushed his lips against hers.

"You can have a washer and dryer."
"Jack. . ."
"Don't Jack me-- you need one."

She smiled softly, and nodded her head.

"Where did you go today?" She ask.
"To see an old friend."
"Who did you kill?" She ask quickly.

He chuckled, "No one. I really went to visit an old friend."

She made an unbelievable face.

"What? Don't think I have friends."
"I didn't say that."
"You were thinking it though." He said.

She giggled. He was right, that was exactly what she had been thinking.

"You'll meet him sometime. He's great."
"I thought you was going out to do some research on your father."
"I needed to visit him. I hadn't in awhile."
"How long have you known him?"
"Over twenty years."

She smiled, "Is he family?"
"Practically."
"What did you two talk about?" She ask.
"You're awful noisy." He stated.

She giggled again, "Sorry, it's none of my business."

He licked over his lips. It was her business, but he wasn't going to tell her anything now. He wanted to wait for the perfect time. He didn't know what she'd think when he told her he loved her. Would she say it back, or would she go off running?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image