Behind the Scars

War

Allie's eyes fluttered open, and she looked around the room. She was still tied to the chair, and laying on the ground. On one side of the room, she could see a row of shoes. Clearly, she had an audience. Her head was throbbing due to the impact. She heard a low demonic chuckle.

"I see you're finally awake, daughter." The devil's voice said.

She gritted her teeth together as she felt his hands upon her shoulder, pulling her along with the chair up. After a moment, the chair was sitting up right again, causing her to look into her father's eyes.

"You know. . . you've been very difficult to track down." Maroni stated.

She just snarled her nose up in disgust. She hated this man with a burning passion. She had never wanted anyone to die in her life, but she wouldn't care if he had a heart attack right now. She would actually have pleasure in watching him take his last breath.

"That boyfriend of yours has done a very good job at protecting you. . . Tell me. . ." He said, with a dark laugh, "Did Daddy's little princess enjoy fucking the clown?" He ask.

She rolled her eyes and looked away. He laughed loudly, "Take that as a yes!"

She noticed another man cough in the back ground. She focused her eyes to him, and noticed he was not only the man from the grocery store, but also the man from the picture. Jack's father. Her eyes went wide and she noticed the man smile-- he had the same smile as Jack, only he didn't have the scars.

"Recognize me?" He ask.

She didn't say a word.

"I guess I would have been your father in law-- you know, if you made it out of this alive. But don't worry! I think little Jack will be joining you soon." He said.

These men were disgusting. She would kill them herself if she wasn't tied up.

"So, tell us darling. . ." Maroni said.
"What were his plans with us?" He ask, placing a piece of hair behind her ear.

Suddenly a loud crashing noise came from the hallway. She watched as Maroni's face turned blood red with rage as he motioned towards four of his men standing in the corner. The men charged towards the door, ready to take on anything and anyone who got in their way.

"It's him, boss!" One said, popping their head back in the door.
"Fine, if he wants a fucking war-- he's got one." Maroni said.

She watched as Maroni and his men all grabbed weapons. Even Jack's father picked up a gun, and walked out behind a large bulky guy. She listened as the door locked behind her. She dropped her head. How was she ever suppose to get out of this one alive?

She listened as yelling and gunshots came from the hallway. Minutes passed, and the chaos continued. She had no clue what was happening on the other side of the wall. Tears slipped out of her eyes as she thought about something happening to Jack before she had a chance to tell him she loved him as well.

Then there was a slight noise coming from behind her. She realized she was in the same room as before. The one with the secret passage. She knew Maroni had returned for her. He escaped from the chaos in the hallway, and come back to murder her. She closed her eyes as she heard the door open up. Footsteps came closer, and she sucked in a deep breath, knowing it was her last.

"Allie?" A unfamiliar voice ask.

An elderly white haired man was soon standing in front of her. He was dressed in a pair of old jeans, and a faded t-shirt. He was thin, and had a deep voice.

"Who are you?" She ask softly.

She could tell he was sicker than he would ever let on. He smiled gently, "Clyde. . . Now I think we should get you out of here little lady." He said.

She didn't know what he meant at first, but then she recalled Jack telling her about an elderly man just days ago.

"But Jack!"
"We'll get him, but first we need to get you out of here." He said.

He brought out a old knife from his pocket, and cut through the ropes that held her to the chair. She rubbed her wrist together, and then he helped her up from the chair. She felt wrong for him to help her. He looked so fragile and weak, she should be the one helping him. He took her hand in his, and led her down the passage way. It was dark, but not sound proof. She could still hear the screaming and gunshots coming from the hallway.

"Is he okay?" She ask.
"He'll be fine-- He's the strongest man I know."
"His father is here." She whispered.

Clyde stopped dead in his tracks.

All of these years he had treated, and cared of Jack as his own son. He detested his father almost as much as he did. It made him angry to think about the man who gave him his scars.

"Looks like I picked the right night to get out of the house then." Clyde said.

Clyde hardly ever came out of his house. But tonight, he had a hunch that something was going to happen. He was worried about Jack, and when he arrived at the hideout and found it was empty, he knew there was only one other place he could be. He didn't think twice about coming, he just came. Knowing if the roles would have been switched, Jack would have been there in a heart beat.

"Okay, we've reached the end. Now be really quiet." He said.

She softly nodded her head. They was about to walk right in the line of fire, and she knew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter to go.
Thanks to Candygirl636 for the banner

Image