Behind the Scars

Bullets

She stayed behind the elderly man as they walked slowly into the mansion. Voices could still be heard, but it seemed like gunshots had settled down. She wondered if Jack was hurt. She held onto Clyde's back as they walked quietly down a hallway.

The voices began getting louder as they got closer. He held his finger over his lips as he pointed through a glass door. There tied up to a chair was Jack, along with Trey. Ace and King was no where to be found. She assumed they didn't make it through the battle. She looked down the hallway and gasped lightly when she saw all the bodies laying with blood coming from their wounds.

She listened as Maroni walked back and forth, pacing a bit as he held a knife in his hands.

"So many people you have killed with this very knife." Her father said.

She looked in the corner and saw his father along with one of Maroni's men. Clearly Maroni had lost many of his men as well.

Clyde began pulling a small pistol from his leg.

"All hell is going to break loose once I make this shot. . . take this." He said, handing her a knife.

She watched as Clyde pointed the gun in the direction of Maroni's only standing man. He planned on taking him out and leaving Maroni and Jack's father alone for him. Clyde licked over his lips as he pulled the trigger, sending the bullet through the glass door, and right into the head of Maroni's last standing man.

Maroni, and Nick were both shocked by the bullet. Maroni quickly pulled out his gun, and aimed it towards the door. While Nick, just stayed in the corner, not knowing what to do.

"Whose there?" Maroni ask.

Clyde looked down at Allie, "This is a distraction. . . I'm going to run and I want you to get him free." Clyde whispered.

Allie nodded her head, and watched as Clyde sent another gun shot into the room. Her father cursed lightly, and then Clyde appeared in the doorway. Shots began firing off, and Clyde took off running down the hallway, Maroni soon darted out of the room and chased after him. She quickly went inside the room.

Nick Napier gasped when he saw Allie.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He said.

Allie held the knife in front of her, "Don't come near me!" She screamed.
"He won't touch you, Allie. He's fucking scared." Jack said harshly.

Allie ran over to him quickly, and cut the ropes on his arms and feet. She then done the same task to Trey. The Joker got up from the chair and cracked his neck, as he smiled over at his father.

"Fair game, now." He smiled.

He turned around towards Trey, "Get her out of here. NOW." He demanded.
"Jack, wait." She said, before Trey forced her out of the room.

She walked over to him, and looked him in the eyes. "I love you, Jack." She said.

He smiled, and then looked towards his father. "Go. We'll talk about this later." He said.

She nodded her head, and left the room with Trey.

"Wait! Jack! Clyde's here!"

Jack's head snapped around. Clyde. . . the only other person he cared about besides Allie. . was here?

He growled lowly, and went after his father. She watched as he took a blade from his pocket. She closed her eyes as they walked out of the room.

"Come on, this way!" Trey said.
"No! We've got to make sure Clyde is okay."
"I'll come back for him-- I've got to get you out of here."
"Too late for that" A voice said.

She then watched as a bullet penetrated Trey's head. Blood gushed from the wound as he fell to the ground. She screamed, as she saw her father walking towards her with a gun pointed her way. She took off running down the hallway, but he released another bullet from the gun, hitting her in the calf. She hit the floor with a loud thud. She began crawling as quickly as she could, knowing it wouldn't do her no good.

He was soon grabbing her by the hair of her head.

"I should fucking slice your little throat, you stupid bitch." He said.

She sucked in a deep breath, knowing she was going to die. At least she got to tell Jack she loved him before she died.

"How about I slice yours?" A voice ask.

Before she could even know what was happening, she was dropped to the ground. She turned around and looked as Jack held her father there, with his throat slit. The evil smirk stayed on his face, even in death. Jack leaned down and held his hand out to her, she placed her small weak hand in his, and he helped her up off the ground.

"Are you alright?" He ask.

She smiled, as she fell into his chest, and breathed in his scent. "Now I am."

He chuckled, "We should go."
"But Clyde--"
"He's dead, Allie."
"I'm sorry." She whispered.
"I'm not-- he always said he wanted to go out in action, rather than dying of lung cancer." Jack said.
"He was already dying?"

He just simply nodded his head, as he and Allie made their way out of the mansion.

"My leg is killing me." She said.
"Of course it is, you have a bullet in it." He said.
"We can get it out. . . right?" She ask.

He chuckled, "Well. . . we're not going to leave it in there, princess."

Allie and The Joker returned back to his warehouse later that afternoon. None of this happened the way he wanted it to. He pictured his father's death to be longer, and much more rewarding, but he settled for slicing his throat. He also wanted Maroni's death to be more drawn out, but he settled for slicing his throat as well. Anything to save her.

"Ouch!" She said, as he pulled the bullet from her leg.
"You're such a baby." He teased.

She smiled, "Looks whose talking all mighty Joker." She stated.

He chuckled, "Not anymore." He said.
"Not anymore?" She ask.
"Nope, not anymore."
"What do you mean not anymore?"
"I told you. . . I'd consider it, and I have. There's no reason for me to be the Joker."
"So. . . no more purple suit, make-up." She said.
"And no more crime."
"What are you going to do now?"
"I was thinking about settling down. . . with the girl I love." He said.

She smiled.

She never considered coming to Gotham a blessing. The pain she endured was all worth it to get her happily ever after with Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay okay!!! The end.
Some people have been wanting a sequel. I'm not sure if I'll do one just yet, but how many people would read one if I did?
Or would you guys like a totally different story? If so, any suggestions?

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE BANNERS. . . AND SUPPORTED THE STORY :)

Image