Behind the Scars

Shield

*Just a memo, encase it was confusing-- but Joker isn't the one using her as a shield. It's one of the men he had stabbed, and who she assumed was dead, but wasn't.*

- - -

Allie whimpered as he pushed her forward. They had walked in through a back door, that had been shot open. The tears were steaming down her face, burning the cuts that the man behind her and his friend had put on her. He pushed her forward, peeking in every room as he went. She sniffled back a sob.

"Shut the fuck up, woman." He said, pressing down harder on her shoulder.

She bit on her bottom lip to stop from crying out in pain. What had she gotten herself into? All she wanted to do was find her father. Now she had been beaten, almost raped, and now she was being used as a shield.

As she walked further down the elegant hallway, voices became louder. She heard a line of "ha ha ha he he he ha ha ha." and then followed by, "Wanna see a trick?". She swallowed hard as the man who was holding her kicked open the door and stepped forward. She glanced around the room and noticed, that her father, along with about fifteen other men were sitting along a long table. The Joker, was standing at the very end of the table, and his four men were standing in the corners, guns held high-- prepared for a fight.

Sal Maroni smiled when he saw one of his men survived and using his daughter as a shield-- 'at least she's good for something.' He thought as he watched The Joker lick his lips as he studied the girl. She was whimpering and clearly scared to death. She had bruises all along her face, and her shoulder had a large open wound, gushing crimson liquid out of it.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you to treat your ladies with res-ssspect, Maroni?" The Joker ask, exaggerating on his s.

Maroni smiled evilly and then looked into the Joker's cold dead eyes.

"That's my daughter, Clown-- and I think she deserves whatever she got for disrespecting Daddy." He said grinning, causing the entire mob to break out into laughter.

The Joker was hardly ever disgusted by a man's behavior. But Maroni had managed to make his stomach turn upside down. He had watched two men almost rape this woman-- and her father was going to allow it? He shuddered in disbelief, and then motioned for one of his men to step forward. Trey walked forever, and the Joker whispered something in his ear. Trey nodded his head and then made it over to where the man was holding Allie in place. Trey placed a gun to his temple.

"Let the girl go-- We've got business to attend to."

The man holding on to Allie loosened up his grip, and she looked into the Clown's eyes.

"Go." He demanded.

Allie didn't waste any time in getting out of the mansion. She ran out the front door, and through the green yard. She reached her car and fumbled with her keys that somehow managed to stay in her skirt. She opened the door and then got inside and locked it. Then the real tears started, she wasn't able to drive, even though she knew she shouldn't stay near them. Fear was shaking through every bone in her body.

"She'll call the cops, Freak!" One of the mob members hissed.
"I'm . Not . A . Freak ." He said, taking a pause between each word, and then he mumbled a line of 'no, no, no I'm not." After that.
"He's right, Clown-- She will call the cops. I think maybe we should reschedule this little meeting." Maroni said smiling, as he reached under the table.

Maroni had always kept guns under his Mob tables, just encase things out out of hand. He slowly removed the pistol from the holder without making too much noise; but he was positive The Joker sensed something was up. He would have to think quick. With one quick movement, he raised the pistol and shot towards the clown-- hitting him right in the shoulder.

That one tiny gunshot started a riot. Everyone was pulling guns and shooting at whoever, most of the mob leaders took this time to their advantage and fled from the room. Maroni, along with his two best men escaped. The Joker, looked around and nodded his head to his men-- they needed to get out of here before the police showed up. Neighbors would call after hearing that many guns going off.

Allie looked up from her steering wheel hearing the loud sirens. She looked towards the gate and noticed that several men were running out of it and loading into expensive cars. She had thought she heard gunshots minutes earlier, but she wasn't too sure that's what it was over her sobs. She looked down the street and saw two cop cars rushing down the street at a high speed. She turned her attention towards the gate, and saw The Joker and his men running.

She didn't know what was coming over her-- but she felt the need to help the five of them-- just as they had helped her. She knew it was wrong, but she couldn't help it. She quickly fumbled with her keys and turned on the car, and sped over to where they were, she rolled down her passenger window.

"Get in!" She yelled.

The Joker looked at the small car in disbelief. His van was parked several blocks away-- and he could hear the cops in the background. He looked at his men, and nodded his head. He wasn't about to go back to Arkham now. He climbed in the passenger seat, and his four men quickly got inside the back of the car. Allie stepped on the gas, and started driving out of the street very quickly. He watched as she turned the wheel quickly, causing him to ram his head into the window.

"Sorry." She muttered, "I'm not used to these roads." She apologized.

He raised his hand up and cupped his forehead. She was a worse driver than he was. He watched as her small arms turned the steering wheel sharply around curves-- she defiantly needed driving lessons.

"Turn left." He said.

She followed his command, scared not to.

"Right"
"Left"
"Right"
"Right"

Directions were the only words that were spoken in the car. She drove for what seemed like forever, and finally she turned down a dead street.

"Pull in there." He said, pointing to a run down warehouse.

She followed his commands once again and pulled into the warehouse garage, and turned off her car. The men in the back quickly opened the door and sprung out. She was sure, they felt uncomfortable riding together in her small back seat. She sit there nervously clutching onto the steering wheel. She looked over at him and he had a look of disbelief on his face. She watched as he licked the scars that were carved into his flesh, and then he opened his mouth to say something.

"Why?" He questioned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image