Behind the Scars

Home Sweet Home

Allie didn't stop driving until she arrived back to her house, and then when she arrived she ran out of the car and into the house, closing and locking the door behind her. She fell down to the ground and cried out. She couldn't believe what had happened. She was grateful for that clown who saved her life. She couldn't believe he allowed her to go, She thought her life was over. She just knew he was going to kill her. She walked over to her phone, and dialed Alexis's number and told her she was fine-- and home, and would call back later. She needed rest.

She locked every window and door in the house. Allie was scared to death that her father and some of his men would come looking for her. She walked up into her bedroom and over to her laptop, she turned the computer on, and then sunk down in her computer chair as she loaded up a window. She typed her father's name into google and waited for the searches to come up. She needed to know about him; to know what she was up against if he did in fact come looking for her.

The information she found was horrible. It turned out that her father was a very wealthy man-- but had been in jail numerous times. He had been arrested for five murders, but was cleared each time with lack of evidence. She knew her father was a dangerous man, and could see why her mother left Gotham to begin with. She frowned when she thought about how her mom had warned her about going after him. But she didn't listen; and now she would constantly live in fear.

Out of curiosity, she googled The Joker, wondering why everyone was scared of this man with the face paint. The details she found were horrific. Murders upon murders. Police reports of Break outs and robberies. The man was a criminal mastermind. She read over some of the stuff he had pulled off and knew he was a genius. Not many could pull the stunts he had. Several newspaper articles called him a 'psychopathic sadistic murderer'. She shook her head-- she believed the articles, but it didn't make sense.

If he was a sadistic murderer then how come she was still alive? He had the perfect opportunity to kill her in the warehouse. No one would go looking for her in the city until her friend reported her missing, and that could take days or even weeks. Alexis would probably assume she was mad first; or just spending time with her father. But he let her go-- demanding she leave Gotham and never return.

She turned off her computer and closed it. She had enough of Gotham to last her a life time. Once again she walked around the empty house, and checked every door and window; making sure they were sealed shut. She knew this would become a routine of hers. She would now live in fear every single day of her life. Walking into the kitchen, she rummaged through a drawer and pulled out the largest knife she had, making a mental note to purchase a small hand gun soon. She walked up the stairs with the knife in hand. She placed it on her nightstand, and then set her alarm. She pulled back the covers and then slipped under the bed, just hoping that nightmares didn't consume her.

The Joker groaned as he woke up with a splitting headache. He had consumed far too much alcohol last night. He wasn't able to keep her off his mind-- he wanted so badly to just carve into her pretty little face; but he couldn't. He couldn't bring himself to raise the knife. Instead he let her go-- allowing her to leave Gotham, but know where his warehouse is. He and the boys left at midnight as planned, and burned it to the ground. They were now staying at a abandoned house on the other side of Gotham. He had started drinking around one or so, and didn't go to sleep until after eight. He glanced over at the old clock on the bedroom wall and groaned yet again. It was five in the afternoon.

Walking downstairs he kicked several empty beer cans out of his way as he looked over at the four bodies scattered across the living room. The only men he had kept around during all of his years. He didn't know why those four were important-- but they were. Each of them were skilled and talented in their own way, and somehow he had formed some sort of bond with each one of them. He walked into the kitchen and looked through the yellow aged refrigerator for a bottle of water. It was empty; and not even cold. Angrily, he shut and kicked the door. He walked over to the sink and grabbed a cup from the cabinet. Sighing, when he realized the side of it was broken. This place was a dump-- much worse than the warehouse.

He turned on the tap, and got a bit of the water, and poured it down his dry throat. It instantly made him feel better. He tossed the cup into the old stained sink and then walked back upstairs. He knew they wouldn't be able to do anything today. His four men had drunk just as much as him last night, so he knew they wasn't going to be getting up before midnight tonight. He walked back up the stairs and over to a window in his bedroom. He pulled back the dusty out dated curtain and looked down the street.

This part of the town was dead, the only people who lived on it were homeless and knew better than to say anything if they was aware that he was staying there. So many times he wondered if he should be doing this. He only started the "Joker" because he wanted to seek revenge on one man. He had kept up the charade for over seven years now, and hadn't been able to catch the man; actually, he hadn't even attempted. He felt comfortable in Gotham; it was a challenge with the flying bat running around.

He sighed, as much as he would love to start his revenge on the man who created him-- that would have to wait. He still needed to get his revenge on not only Batman, but the mob also.

Allie ran through the hallways of the mansion. Looking for anyone to help her-- she tried to scream, but for some reason her voice wasn't working. She looked up and all the lights immediately went black. She turned around, and saw a silver flicking down at the end of the dark hallway. The flickering came closer and closer; and that's when she saw him. The glowing white face, the hideous purple suit.

"Let's put a smile on that face!" He said sadistically as he raised the blade up in the air and came towards her.

Allie sprung up out of the bed, covered in sweat. She breathed out in relief when she realized it was only a dream, or nightmare in her case. She knew her nightmare was from googling him before she went to bed; because in the reports she read, the last line he said from her dream was quoted from one of his victims that survived. She shuddered at the thought of someone walking around with a Glasgow smile like him.

Allie walked down the stairs and into her kitchen, she grabbed an orange soda out of the refrigerator and looked over at the clock on the stove. It was blinking 10:34 a.m. She groaned. She knew she needed to return to work soon. Her boss was really nice about giving her a extended leave to go searching for her father, but since that turned out to be the worse mistake of her life; she had no reason to stay off work. Though, a vacation could be nice. Her mother had left her a big house, money in the bank, and a mini van; which hadn't been drove since her mother's passing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image