Behind the Scars

Vampires

Allie had been working on her make-up for nearly an hour. It had been three days since she came home from Gotham. She wanted to go out today and buy some books; but the bruises, and scratches on her skin were still horrid. She had tried every make-up product in the house. She groaned, that would have to be good enough. She could always say she got in a fight with some chick at a bar or something. She walked into her bedroom and inside her closet she grabbed a pair of jeans, and a long sleeved top. She slipped on the clothing and then laced up her sneakers.

She stopped on the way to buy some lunch for herself. She drove through McDonald's and purchased her some fries and a chicken sandwich. She tossed a fry into her mouth as she pulled into the parking lot of the book store. She turned her engine off, and started on her meal. Her cell phone started ringing, she fumbled through her purse for it, and then found it before it stopped.

"Hello?"
"Hey Al."
"Alexis! Hey."
"What are you doing?"
"Eating some McDonald's, getting ready to go into the book store."
"Awesome; Maybe we could get together tonight and do something."

Allie would love to hang out with her friend. She hadn't saw her in a week or two and she desperately needed someone to talk to, but she decided to keep quite about what had happened in Gotham. She just told Alexis her dad was an ass, and she came home. She had no clue about all the physical abuse she endured while there.

"I actually had other plans, Alex-- but, maybe sometime this week?"
"Sure. . . possibly this weekend. I shouldn't get too rowdy on a week night anyways. I'll call you later, Al."

Allie finished up her sandwich and fries and then exited her vehicle and walked into the book store. She loved vampire novels for some reason. She hadn't had a chance to read any of the twilight books-- and since the movie had come out, it seemed like everyone was obsessed with them, so she picked the four books up and placed them in her cart. She didn't care if they were good or not, she just needed something to take her mind off things. She also picked up the two vampire academy books that she hadn't read yet.

When she was finally done shopping for books, she had at least ten or so in her small cart, which should keep her busy for awhile. She walked up to the cashier and put all the books on the table. The geeky girl behind the counter pushed her black framed glasses upon her nose and giggled.

"You like vampires too?" The girl ask, noticing that at least eight of the ten books were based on them.
"Yeah."
"I love them-- Twilight isn't like the others though, so don't expect too much violence." The young girl warned.
"I just need something to take my mind off things." Allie said with a smile, handing her a debit card to pay for the books.

Allie tugged the heavy bag over to her car and tossed it in the passenger seat, she then looked over and saw a grocery store near by. She decided she might as well buy some food while she's out. She walked into the store, and grabbed a buggy. She pushed it up and down the aisles, placing some of her favorite foods into the buggy. She smiled when she reached the ice cream aisle. There was no better way to forget your problems. She loaded in several different flavors, and then went off in search for toppings.

After finding everything she needed to make banana splits, and ice cream sundaes, she began making her ways towards the cashiers. She smiled as she unloaded all the groceries. The young boy swiped the items, and then placed them in the plastic bags.

"87.34 Is your total." He said, a bright smile on his face.

Once again, Allie handed him the flimsy plastic card to pay for her belongings. She loaded her bags into her car and then headed on her way home. She couldn't wait to toss herself into a good book, and enjoy a nice big bowl of ice cream.

The Joker twirled the knife around on the wooden table, thinking about how he was going to attack Maroni. He wanted to do it when the man least expected it, so a mob meeting was out of the picture. The entire mob would now have guns glued to their hands at all times. He could always sneak into Maroni's house one night, when he and his family were fast asleep.

A grin curved into his lips as he thought about Mrs. Maroni standing there in her little nighty looking into his eyes. Her face would be priceless, and then he could end her life-- see how Maroni liked that. He got up from his seat, and walked out of his bedroom and down the stairs where his four loyal men were sitting around the kitchen table playing a game of poker.

"Boys-- three nights from now, we're going to Maroni's. We'll leave here around two in the morning, and enter his home around three. I want his wife brought to me. I'm going to carve her pretty little face, while two of you hold him and make him watch." The Joker said.
"Excellent plan." King said.
"So be ready, boys."

Once he told them the next plan, he walked back upstairs and into his bedroom. He stayed here most of the time unless they had something going on. He had never been a social butterfly. He walked over to the pathetic television and turned it on. He hit the side of it until the picture came clearer, and turned it on the news. He leaned back into his bed as he watched the geeky man talk about the weather.

"No one gives a fuck about the rain." He mumbled, as he waited for them to get to the juicy stuff.

"The cops still have no leads as to the whereabouts of The Joker. If you have any information, please contact Gotham's Police Department."

A slow pleased smile appeared on his face, as he reached over to the ductape covered remote and turned the television off. He would need to break into a electronic store soon and steal a new television set.

Allie rolled her eyes as she read through the first twilight book. It wasn't that it was bad-- it was just that this Edward guy; somehow reminded her of The Joker. She didn't know why; considering this guy didn't harm humans, but some how she was connecting the two of them. Especially when he said the words, "What if I'm not the hero? What If I'm the bad guy?" Clearly she had thought The Joker was a hero to her; saving her from being raped, allowing her to leave the mansion, and then allowing her to leave the warehouse. But yet; he was also the bad guy as well.

She groaned as she closed the book shut. Nothing was going to take her mind off Gotham. She was going looney. She was grateful for the man with the chalk white face; but she was still scared of him. She just hoped the nightmares of him faded with time. She walked into her kitchen and noticed how dark it looked outside. A thunderstorm was coming. She frowned, as she started to make her an ice cream sundae, the one thing that could possibly take all of her worries away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image