Sequel: He's the Man

She's A Lady

All of the Above

When Ally and Alen finally came into the room they had envelopes in their hands. There were at least six. They handed one already opened envelope to Matt along with a closed envelope. Each of them took an envelope and handed the other two to me. I glanced at the top envelope, which had the school name on it and read my home address from the other one. I didn’t know they would send me mail. I love them so much. I walked into my room to read my mail. They read like this…

Deidra Spaniolo,
You are to attend orientation on the morning of Monday, September 1,2008. You must be there at ten a.m. You will be sent from orientation to be fitted for your school uniform shortly after.
Signed,
Administration

Baby Girl,
We all know how you love to get mail so we’ve written you one huge letter…

I miss you Baby. It’s so boring around here and your dad wont stop watching horrible movies. You’re supposed to be here so we can over rule him. Gosh what does a man have to do to keep his niece around? Naw I love you. I do miss you, but I hope you’re having fun at school. I’ll just have to beat the horrible taste out of your father. Monoxide.

Shaggy and I have been so bored and it’s been like an hour. There is something wrong with us. And your dad is boring without you. Okay no he just has horrible taste without you to tell him he’s retarded. He’s picked out nine movies to watch in an ‘epic movie marathon’. And they all suck. But he won’t let us leave. We both love you though. And Shaggy tried to get me to let him write this but then you’d never be able to read it. And I got hit for that comment so you owe me. Have fun at school. Shaggy and Jay.

Blaze is in the house. Well technically it’s a letter, but you know what I mean. And they’re right your dad sucks with movies. I won’t take forever. Just telling you that I miss you. Have fun. Blaze.

Does my taste in movies really suck that bad? Damn they’re all assholes. I’ll get them later. I miss you to sweetie. There really isn’t much to do around here without you. I think we’re making a new album soon. It should be pretty cool I guess. It will be better than anything we’ve done before. We will definitely visit next weekend. Jay’s already asked, and to tell you the truth I don’t think I could go more than a week with you gone. I know we go on tour but it’s different when we are on tour. So we will visit. Jay said he wants to drive so Shaggy and Monoxide decided that instead of watching the movies I got they would just tackle him and start a wrestling match in the living room. And they just broke something. So I have to go. I love you. And I miss you. And I’ll see you in a week. Dad.

I looked at the clock and it was already one in the morning. Why did we get mail at one in the morning? I blame Ally for this odd mailing time. But I decided to investigate tomorrow after I’ve had a good nights sleep to sharpen my senses. I crawled under the incredible comforter on my bed. And I was asleep before they could come see what my other letter was.

I woke up the next morning to Ally’s stereo blaring Avenged Sevenfold. I love them actually. I guess it’s not so bad waking up like this. I looked at the clock and it said four a.m. how does she wake up this early? So I got up from my bed passing her doing what looked like a form of yoga. I walked into the living room and I could still hear the music so I walked into Matt and Alens room. I walked over to Matt’s bed and pulled the covers over so I could lie down. And again I was asleep before they could ask questions not that they were awake.
The second time I woke up was to Alen and Matt rolling on the floor in a fight. But they were just doing body shots. I sat up and watched them before early bird walked into the room. She looked so well rested. Asshole.
“So do you know why they’re fighting?” Ally looked truly puzzled but at the same time very indifferent.
“Nope. Just woke up. Why were you up so early this morning?”
“We have orientation today. And I got up early so I could do my yoga before we left.”
“Oh. What time is it exactly?” She looked at her phone before replying that is was seven. I guess that’s better than four. We both watched as the boys wrestled in the floor for the next ten minutes before they both just collapsed breathless by Alen’s bed.
“So what was that shit about guys?” Alen started laughing and Matt just glared at him. In the end Alen told me that they had been fighting because I was sleeping with Matt. Alen was ragging on him because apparently Matt has a ‘super mega lover crush crush’ on me. Yeah and then after he uttered those words they began fighting yet again.
Ally and I just left to go get ready for orientation. It didn’t take me long. I pulled on some bright purple skinny jeans with a paint spattered tank top and a black button up shirt. I then slipped into my boots. They were black with four inch heals. They laced up in the front and went all the way to my knee. They are the bomb. The guys I assume were getting ready because we had to leave in half an hour. Ally walked into the room wearing a strapless blue silk shirt with gray Capri pants. They had writing all over them and she was wearing simple black converse. Her hair was curled slightly and her makeup was simple but elegant. She looked gorgeous.
Alen and Matt walked out of their room wearing clothes similar to what they were wearing yesterday. They seemed to have decided to match today because both were wearing black pants and a white shirt. Matt of course was wearing Tripp pants while Alen was wearing skinny jeans. Both of them were wearing white shirts but Alen’s said ‘Alesana’ on it and Matt’s said ‘got ***?’ They both looked pretty good. Alen was drooling over Ally while Matt laughed at him. Such a nice brother Matt is.

I had been sitting in this chair for over an hour. This orientation was basically telling us the rules. It is the most annoying pointless thing I’ve ever seen. I never did ask Ally why we got mail at one in the morning. Oh well. They were close to ending our torture when Matt fell asleep on my shoulder. I’ve never warmed up to someone so quickly. It’s really weird. But when the talking was finally over I woke Matt up and told him he was supposed to go to the gym. The girls were being fitted for their uniforms here in the auditorium while the boys went to the gym. And I’m guessing this would take a while.
It didn’t take as long as I thought it would. We were out of the auditorium by noon. Ally and I went up to our room to eat where we found Matt and Alen. We spent the rest of the day and the week doing the same things, which consisted of playing video games. And Matt and I were getting really close by the end of the week. We were supposed to pick up our uniforms in the auditorium today. And on the walk down there I saw the strangest thing. It was Matt. He was sitting on the floor with his knees pulled up to his chin. He looked like he was about to cry.
“What’s wrong Matt?” I said sitting down beside him on the floor.
“You don’t want to hear it.” He sounded broken. His eyes were watery but the tears had yet to fall. I watched as he buried his head in his knees. It was heartbreaking to see someone like Matt, who never stops smiling, like this. I slid my arm over his shoulder and waited for him to look at me. When he finally did the tears had escaped. I wiped the tears off of his cheeks wanting so much to fix his problems. And that’s when I noticed that I liked him. It was different from liking Dee. I always thought Dee was hot and just focused on that, but I actually cared about what happened with Matt. His feelings mattered.
“Tell me. I want to know.” He looked at me for a minute before giving in and telling me the whole story. His older sister was pregnant and the dad didn’t want the baby. So she told him to get lost. They’d been looking out for the guy for like a year now and he finally found her. They got in a fight and now she’s in the hospital. The baby is fine because their mom had been watching her at the time, but the guy had sent Amanda, Matt’s sister, into a coma. And when he finished telling the story he buried his head in my shoulder and cried. We sat there for over an hour just like that. I didn’t know what to do. So I just waited for him to finish crying.
When he was finished he just stood up and held out his hand for me to grab. We walked to the auditorium holding hands. I didn’t know why he was holding my hand, but it felt nice. We got our uniforms and walked back to our room. It was silent, but I think that’s how he liked it. The night was odd.
Matt explained to Alen what had happened when we got back to the room. And Ally and Alen had been locked in our room since about six. It is now eleven and I’m ready to go to bed damn it. And so Matt and I spent the night in his bed. I woke up to very loud music in the living room. I looked over to realize that Matt was gone.
Upon further investigation I realized that everyone was gone. They were all out of the room and I was sitting listening to Nirvana. I don’t know why they left it on, but I liked it. I spent the first half of the day eating, lounging, getting ready, and watching movies. I was wearing black Tripp pants and a blue tube top. It was very form fitting and I liked it. I pulled my dreads up into pigtails and slid on my boots.
I was working on figuring out how to turn off the sound system when there was a knock on the door. We never have visitors in case you wondered. And when I answered the door the only thing I found was and envelope and an orchid. They’re my favorite flower, but nobody here knows that. I picked up the flower and the envelope carefully. I walked to my room and sat the orchid on my nightstand. The envelope had my name across it, but that’s the only thing on it. So I still do not know what time we get mail. The letter read:

Baby Girl,

How are you today? I hope you are well. I’m sure you are. You are a very strong girl. Why did you leave Chicago? I miss you so much. What is your new school like? I don’t like your roommates. Your dad should not have let you share a suite with a boy. I noticed that you were sleeping in the same bed as he was. That’s inappropriate. You should know better. Your dad told your mom all about your new school. She thought it was a novel idea. I didn’t know she was in prison. She loves that we are together. I can’t believe you haven’t called me yet. It hurts my feelings. I care about you, and you wont even take time out of your day to speak to me. That’s very hurtful. But no worries, I’m sure you are just getting settled into your new surroundings. I was thinking about visiting, but it would be rude to visit without letting you know first. So instead of calling I wrote you a letter and sent you an orchid. I know you love them. But you don’t love them as much as I love you.
Love,
Dominique

I dropped the letter. I don’t know how long I had been staring at it or crying, but when Matt, Alen, and Ally got home I tried to act as if nothing had happened. Unfortunately for me, Matt saw the letter under my bed as Ally interrogated me over why I had been crying. I wouldn’t say a word. Matt stepped back and I gave him a meaningful look. He silently read the letter before ushering everyone out of the room. He sat directly in front of me on his knees so that he was looking into my eyes.
“Who sent the letter?”
“Dee. He’s the guy. He’s the reason I’m here.”
“We won’t let him come near you. I’m here for you.”
“You don’t get it. There was no return address. He knows where I am. He’s here.” I was starting to shake.
“Shhhh, it’s okay. Just tell me when you got the letter. I didn’t see it when we left.”
“I got it right before you guys got here. He rang the doorbell, and I answered it. If he had been standing there I don’t know what I would have done.” We were there in my room for less than ten minutes before the doorbell rang again. I jumped before Matt grabbing my hand.
“If it’s not him then don’t say anything to anybody. I think my dad is supposed to visit me this weekend.” He nodded and we walked into the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think
i'm posting a few chapter today
i'm working on the big event
it should be out soon
maybe today or tomorrow