We're Finally Intertwined

-12.

Alex

My hand was placed on Cami’s back as we walked up the steps of our home, our one month old daughter sleeping soundly in her car seat. I looked to my left and smiled softly at Camellia because I knew we were both equally excited to have our baby girl home finally.

When we reached the front door, I paused.

“Are you sure you’re ready?”

It took Cami Louise a moment to register what I had said because she was staring so intently at Stormy Mae.

With a soft smile, she said, “Of course.”

Deep breath in and I opened the door.

The living room was filled with people. Max, Lana, Kelly, Taegan, Zack, Jack, Rian, Matt, Danny and Grieco were all in the living room, surrounded by balloons and flowers. But most of all, other than that, the house was spotless. I was surprised.

When they saw us, they came rushing forward and started cooing over the baby. Quickly, I hushed them and directed them to sit back down with my hands.

“Hey,” Cami spoke up quietly, turning to look at me.

“Yeah, sweetie?”

“I’m gonna go lay her down. I’ll be back.”

I nodded and kissed her cheek, watching her walk up the stairs very carefully. Once she was out of my sight, I turned to my friends with the biggest grin, and took a seat.

“Think she’s gonna like the room?” I asked with a smirk.

Jack scoffed, “It’s just what she wanted.”

“So how’s fatherhood?” asked Taegan.

I smiled wistfully, “It’s great. I don’t even mind the poopie diapers.”

They all laughed at me, but they knew it was true.

Moments later, Cami came downstairs with the baby monitor in her hands. When she reached the bottom step, I noticed her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” I asked quickly, scared something went wrong. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her to calm her down.

“You guys,” she choked on her words. “You guys, that room. It’s so awesome! Thank you so much!”

Everyone looked so relieved at that. We all thought something was wrong. Then, they all started laughing and told her that it was no problem, the least they could have done for us.

We sat around talking for an hour or so before everyone decided to leave and let us adjust to being home with our new baby.

When the girls went to leave, they wouldn’t leave until Cami promised to call them if she ever needed anything.

After dinner and feeding Stormy Mae, Cami Louise and I put her to bed and we both softly sang her to sleep.

Once we knew she was out like a light, we both stood in the doorway, just watching over her. It was amazing the innocence a child held.

I went to turn out the light and softly shut the door. When I did so, I turned to Cami and whispered, “I love you.”

She leaned up and placed a feather light kiss on my lips, the kisses of hers that made me absolutely made me melt, and just as softly whispered, “I love you too.”

We headed off to our room and placed the baby monitor on Cami’s side of the bed. As soon as we were both comfortable in bed, I wrapped my arms around her waist and brought her into my side, watching as she drifted off into sleep.

This was it. This is what I had always wanted with Cami Louise and it all seemed to be fitting together perfectly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, sadness. I only write one more chapter and I'm done, the rest is up to Krista xD

Anyways, sorry if it seems delayed. Senior year started.

And, I have some stories for you to check out from my contest winners:
My Sweetest Downfall
Obsessed
Persistence of Memory