Death Eaters Fall in Love, Too!

Pansy's Idea

The next day, Abigail notice that Pansy's shopping trip was a little shorter than usual and once she got back, she went straight to her room.

"She's acting excited about the ball, now." Abigail's mother was saying to her father after Pansy had run upstairs. "She bought two dresses." Then her mother turned to Abigail. "Aren't you happy for your sister."

Pansy knew that she was probably just excited to see Draco. So she smiled and said, "Thrilled."

"As you should be. She'll be properly engaged after this." Her Father said.

She nodded, then left slightly snickering when her back was turned.

Abigail walked up to her sister's room and knocked.

Pansy opened the door slightly. "Oh, Abby, it's you. Come in." Pansy opened the door widened.

Abigail saw the two new dresses that her mother was talking about. There was a white one and a midnight blue one.

The midnight blue one caught Abigails attention. It was as if it came straight from the victorian times.

"I knew that you would love that one." Pansy said.

Abigail turned to her sister. "What?"

"One of them is for you. I've been trying to trangfigure yours so that when we leave, it will look like your ordinary clothes, but you go to the ball, your hair and everything will change, and you'll look amazing. I can't make it permanent, though. It wears off after an hour."

Abigail sat down on her sister's bed and looked at the dress. "Why?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm not that great of a witch."

"I meant why are you doing this? You might be risking everything with this, just because you want me to meet Draco Malfoy!"

Pansy sat down beside Abigail. "Abby... I just have this feeling that he'll fall in love with you, and take you away from this place. So you won't have to do anymore work, and I could feel so much more releaved that my sister can swim in a pool instead of clean it!" She turned to face her sister. "I can't live knowing that you're here and treated worse than a house elf."

Abigail saw the tears in her eyes. The tears that had been shed by her best friend, her sister. Abigail hugged her sister and started crying also.

"I'm afraid something worse will happen to you." Pansy said through tears. "I love you too much for that to happen to you, Abby."

Then, Abigail knew that she had to be at the ball, for Pansy. For the one in a billion chance that Malfoy would fall in love with her, and she would move in with him and her sister wouldn't worry.

Abby had to hope for the impossible.

Draco was again sitting in his room, thinking about his ball tomorrow. He looked at the crisp, black dress robes that hung on his closet door.

The thing was taunting him, reminding him that the next day was a big day in his life, that he would be looking for a bride, and by the end of that time he would have to pick one.

The thought was making him sick. Several daughters of Death Eaters, hoping to get Draco's attention, and some of the ones he didn't pick would be mad at him and want to have revenge and...

Draco had an overactive imagination.

Then he heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." Draco said.

When Draco saw that it was his father, he stood up.

"Draco, I wanted to talk to you about something. Something that's very critical in choosing your bride."

Draco nodded. "Okay."

Lucius closed the door, then sat on Draco's bed. "Come here, son."

Draco sat beside him on the bed.

Then Lucius started, "Years ago, I had a ball, just like yours. I was thinking, 'I'm going to pick the most beautiful of all the women there, and she will be my wife.' Well, it turned out that most of the pretty ones were dumb as hell, then I met your mother." Lucius smiled. "I saw her and we started talking and I realized how amazing she is. I did fall in love with your mother, Draco, and I'm sure you will at your ball." Then, Lucius Malfoy left his son.

And Draco felt just a bit releaved.