Death Eaters Fall in Love, Too!

The Big Night

It was finally the night. The night of Draco Malfoy's ball.

Abigail was trying to keep calm over all the excitement that was inside her.

When she was woken by her father, who wanted his shoes shined, Abigail did the chore happily.

Both Pansy and her thought that her strange behaviour would make them suspicious, but it wasn't, and that made them releaved.

Pansy and Abigail were in Pansy's room, getting ready for the night. Pansy putting on her white dress, and Abgail putting on the transfigured one, which looked like any other thing she would wear.

"So you come at eleven, behind the house, and I'll be there with Draco. He'll probably want to just want to be talking to someone by then. I won't be acting like I know you, because then Draco might say something to mum and dad, and we really don't want that happening. We'll just have to hope he notices you before long."

Abigail nodded. "But what if he doesn't?"

Pansy looked at the wall, as if it could answer the question. "He will, don't worry."

Draco took a deep breath. It was almost time. He already had the robes on and he was ready for it to be over.

Soon, the guest arrived and the party had started.

At ten thrity, Draco was talking to a quite uninteresting girl. The thing wouldn't stop talking about herself. Her hair, her shoes, her clothes, all the famous witches and wizards she knows.

Then his savior walked in. Pansy.

"Excuse me." He said to the girl, then ran off.

Once he got to Pansy, he hugged her as a brother would to his sister. "Help me." He said quietly.

He heard Pansy chuckle. "How can I? I'm not that great of a witch!"

"Just... act like you're my girlfriend or something. At least until we can be alone outside."

Draco let go of Pansy, and Pansy took his hand.

Pansy watched all the girls looking so enviously at her, and she had to laugh just a little bit. "These girls look quite stupid."

"No, Pansy. They look self centered. They might not even know their parent's names."

Pansy laughed again. "That's really pathetic. Let's get out of here quickly before I catch what they've got."

Draco laughed and led Pansy toward the back.

They sat by the fountain.

"I take it you haven't found anyone?"

Draco shook his head. "Like I said. They are all self-centered. Their world would come crashing down if they broke a nail. Besides, none of them tried to be different. It looks like they all went to the same store. Let me say, that store had one dress in several different colors."

"Really. I thought you didn't care what kind of dress they wore, just that you fell in love with them."

"Their outfits help tell their personality. My perfect woman would want an.... elegant gown. It wouldn't show how long her legs are... it wouldn't even show her legs at all. It would be a modest, yet make me want her right beside me in my bed. I want something that makes her look like a princess, a mysterious princess that will leave my heart wanting her from the second I saw her."

"That sounds like one amazing girl." Pansy said, "Hey, what time is it?"

Draco didn't answer. She looked up and saw that he was staring at something.

"Draco?" She looked toward the was Draco was staring and saw Abigail. She looked even better than tonight than when she tried the dress on before. Abby was looking at the roses, which were black. She pulled her perfectly curled hair back and smell the one which she was examining.

"Who is that?" Draco said, more to himself than to Pansy.

Pansy smiled slightly. "I don't know. Why don't you go see?"

Draco nodded, then stood up. "I hope her dress isn't the only thing I find interesting."

"Good luck." Pansy said.

Abby was looking at the rose. It was so beautiful to her. The black, instead of red or pink, made it mysteriously beautiful.

"Different, aren't they?" Some behind her said.

The sound made Abigail jump, and she instantly felt pain on the hand that she had been holding the rose with.

She turned around, looking at the person that was talking to her.

When she saw him, she completely forgot about her pain. Draco Malfoy was even better looking in person.

"Uh, hi." Abigail said, suddenly feeling shy.

"Hi." He said, "Sorry that I startled you."

"That's ok." She said, then looked down at her hand. Her index finger was bleeding.

"That isn't really my definition of 'ok.' Here, let me fix it." He said, reaching in his jacket for his wand.

He gently took her hand and muttered a spell, the bleeding stopped and there wasn't a sign that she had been injured.

"You didn't have to do that, I have my own wand." Abigail said.

He smiled. "I made you hurt yourself. Besides, I really don't know how a girl could hide their wand in their dress."

Abigail nodded. "I hid mine in my sleeve." She said, pulling it out. "I want to have it at all times. As for some other girls, they would rather look good than be prepared for an attack of some kind."

He nodded. "Yeah."

"So, how is the party going? Found anyone?"

He shrugged. "I'm not sure yet, but I think I have."

Abigail was slightly let down by that, thinking that it wasn't her that he was talking about.

After three qaurters of an hour, Draco Malfoy was sure that he loved this girl. The mysterious princess that he was looking for was talking to him. They were both laughing together and liked the same things.

"Do you go to Hogwarts?" Draco asked.

"No, I go to Beauxbatons."

He raised his eyebrows. "You don't sound french."

She nodded. "I was raised here, but I never got my letter to Hogwarts. Beauxbatons was my only choice."

"Lucky. I wanted to go to Durmstrang. So, you can speak french?"

"Yes. I always insult my parents in french. They have no idea what I'm saying. It's kind of bad, though. I really wanted to see the Tri-wizard Tournament."

Draco shrugged. "It wasn't that big. Someone put Potter's name in the cup and everything was all right until-"

"The last night, when that boy was killed."

He nodded. "Potter was an emotional disaster after that."

"I would expect so. He saw a guy die, it would be kind of scary. What time is it, by the way?"

Draco looked at his watch. "Eleven fifty-five."

Abigail knew she had to leave, and quickly. She could already feel the dress preparing to change back. "I have to leave."

"What? No. Don't!"

She stood up. "I have to. I'm really sorry, Draco. I wish you understood." Then she started running to the garden.

Draco wasn't going to loose her that fast, though. He started chasing after her.

"That girl is fast," he thought.

Abigail knew that he was following her, and she knew that she had to distract him before she turned back to the normal Abby before his eyes.

So she took a deep breath, then dropped her wand.

Draco saw her drop her wand and stopped to pick it up, but after he picked it up, she was gone.

He sadly walked back to the ball, with her wand in hand.

As soon as she saw Draco going back, she ran to her sister.

"Pansy, can I use your wand to apparrate home?"

"Sure, just hurry before mum and dad see you." She pulled her wand out of the waistband, where it was hidden, and gave it to her sister.

Then Abigail apparated.