Poisoned Apples and Poise

010

Spy Rule #10: Never atract attention to yourself in public places.

"Where did Patty go?" I laugh, as I rifle through a half-priced rack at Le Vogue'.

"I think she went with the Chung's to New York & Company." Mary says, as she places a gold skirt in front of her legs to see how it looks.

"Oh, well, I guess we'll have to continue shopping without her." I sigh, and I pick a shiny red cocktail dress.

"Yup." She says, and she puts the skirt back on the rack. "So, what have you bought?" She asks me.

"Uhh..." I sigh.

Rey Swimwear | Swimsuit | $39.99
Kelly & Katie | High-heelsx2 | $132.00
Sephora | Make-Up | $125.00
Charlotte Russe | Casual Clothing | $75.00
Nordstrom | Cocktail Dress | $130.00


"You have spent $502 already?" Mary asks, widening her eyes.

"Yup... but I'm saving the rest for my evening dress." I smile sheepishly.

"That's nice." She says, and she walks away, with a gold dress in hand.

"So... are you planning on using that as your evening dress?" I call out to her.

"Maybe," she replies, and walks into the dressing rooms.

"It's nice."

"Camille, is there something you want to tell me?" Mary says inside her stall.

"Well... um, no actually, no." I stutter, and look at my self in the three-way mirror.

"Camille..." she says, poking her head on top of the little door, "I know when someone's trying to tell me something but they're too emarassed. It's always those short replies. What's wrong?"

"I don't know..." I turn to face her now, "Doesn't Anita's behavior ever bother you?" I ask her.

"What do you mean?"

"I just want to know your opinion... don't you think she's... weird?"

"Well... not really... Why would you say that?"

"Oh, come on, are you telling me that she's not some freak?"

"Camille! That's not nice! Would you like it if-"

Instantly the store alarm cut Mary off. We both rushed out of the dressing room to see who was exiting the store. Our eyes widened and our mouths fell slightly.

Anita was at the entrance, looking around confused. One of the ladies at the cash register walked over to her.

"May I look into your purse, miss?" She calmly asked.

"No! Can't I exit this stupid store without being personally harassed?!" She yells.

"Ma'am, I have to look in your bag." She calmly asks again.

Anita just shakes her head in dissapointment and starts to walk away.

"MISS!" The cashier pulls Anita's bag away. She quickly turns, her back facing Anita, to cover herself.

"Hey!" Anita yells and starts to jump on the girl.

"Ah-ha!" The girl yells and pulls out a flashy silver dress from her bag. "Miss, you're coming with me." She starts to pull Anita away.

"Wait!" Amberly yells, after being informed by one of our pageant contestants on what's going on. "Um, miss, can't we just pay for it? Please?" She pleads.

"Fine. Pay for it. Take it. We don't care. She just can't come back in here ever again." She huffs, and she throws the dress on the floor, while walking away with her nose pointed in the air.

Amberly walks over to her. "Anita, I am so dissapointed in you. I cannot believe you would do this. You are officially suspended from the rest of this shopping trip. What was this dress for anyway?"

Anita breaks into sobs. "I ran out of money and I needed a cocktail dress for the party before the pageant."

"Well," Amberly says, tucking the dress under her arm, "you just lost an invitation to that party, young lady. I better not see anything like this any more." She says, and walks away, but is quickly stalled by the large crowd that has formed, which she didn't notice.

"Oh my gosh... You were right... She's a freak!" Mary said, and walked back inside her stall.

I simply smiled to myself and walked out.

"I'll wait out here!" I called out.

"Sure!" Mary yelled back.

I walked through the dress racks and laughed at some of the atrocities... But then I saw it... My PERFECT evening dress.