Poisoned Apples and Poise

004

Spy Rule #4: You can't stand out in a crowd.

I recovered (sort of) from Mary's weird behavior and walked downstairs to the lobby with my laptop in hand. Walking to the elevator I hear some girls giggling. I turn to look at them and they're suspiciously pointing and staring at me. I simply roll my eyes and keep on walking. I step into the elevator and press the "L" for Lobby.

Riding down the elevator I can see through the glass walls that the Lobby is no longer swarmed with checking-in pageant contestants, but filled with pageant contestants. And my skin tingles.

"Hi." I hear.

I jump and scream. What the halibut was THAT?

I turn around and realize that I didn't notice a girl was already in the elevator.

"Oh, um.. hey." I say weakly, trying not to sound annoyed.

"Hi!" She says again, a little bit over-cheerful.

I notice her dress.

Ugh.... who picked out that hideous fuschia thing?

"So, how's life?" She says when the elevator's doors open and reveals the wonderful lobby.

"Um... Great, I guess... I gotta go, bye."

"Wait!" she catches up to me. "How old are you?!" She grins.

"None of your beeswax. How old are YOU?"

"FOURTEEN!" She giggles.

Great.

"My name is Anita." She continues. "Anita Bonita!"

"Look kid, I'm trying to get some peace and quiet here, ALRIGHT?!" I scream, and now the whole lobby is dead quiet, staring at me.

Whoa, where did that anger come from?

"That's okay, I really need some peace and quiet as well, you know? Plan my outfits, and all. Like this, do you like this dress? I like this dress, I think my mom likes this dress too but she made a face like this... when she saw me put it on and I was all Ma, that means you like it right and she's all, Yeah, mija, I totally... detest I mean love it! And I was all What's that supposed to mean, ma? And then she just-"

"ENOUGH!!" I scream again, but the lobby is too loud this time.

"Okay, we'll catch up later, okay? Love ya, never forget me!" She giggles and skips off.

Oi oi oi oi oi....
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long on this. But new chapters are really zooming off, I got some great ideas for the story!