Still The One

Chapter 3: Danni's Awake

Danni’s POV

I woke up in a semi lit room to a beeping noise I looked around and realized I was in a hospital. I frantically searched for my daughter knowing she was with me before I passed out. I couldn’t find her anywhere. I quickly hit the nurses emergency button. They came rushing in, “Oh thank god you’re awake, is everything alright Miss Sanders?”

I shook my head and said in a gravelly voice “Where is my daughter?”

The nurse smiled sweetly and said “She’s with her father, they went to get food in the cafeteria, they haven’t left your side for three days.”

Her father? NO that means he found us, oh god please let him bring her back.

“Jay? Please tell me he hasn’t taken her anywhere?”

“Jay? He said his name was Zack?” The nurse looked at me confused.

ZACKY!? Oh shit he knows now, he knows about Bailey.

As soon as the nurse walked out to go get the doctor, Zack walked in carrying Bailey in one arm and their food in another.

He looked at me and froze, “You…….You’re awake?” he asked shocked.

“Mommy!” Bailey exclaimed, “Daddy, mommy woke up!”

He looked at her and smiled chuckling “That she did babygirl!”

I couldn’t help but smile at them, he was always so great with kids, but I was scared that Bailey would ruin his career so I ran away when I found out I was pregnant, now I realized that probably was the worst decision I have ever made.

Zacky set Bailey down on the bed next to me and she immediately wrapped her arms around my neck hugging me tightly.

Zack handed me a bottle of water with a straw, I smiled appreciatively at him and drank the whole thing. “Thanks Zack.”

He just nodded and took the empty bottle from me and threw it in the trash. “I have to go call Matt are you going to be ok here with Bails?”

I just smiled and nodded “Yeah, we’ll be fine, but when you get back we need to talk.”

He nodded and walked over to us, “Ok, I’ll be right back.” He gently kissed my forehead then Bailey’s “Love you babygirl, now behave for mommy, daddy will be back in a minute!”

Bailey nodded “Ok love you daddy!”

With that he walked out of the room leaving Bailey and me alone. Bailey started filling me in on what I’d missed in the last three days. 10 minutes later the door opened I looked over expecting to see Zack; instead I saw my worst nightmare, Jay standing in the doorway smirking at me and Bailey.

Zacky’s POV

I dialed Matt’s number as I got outside, it rang twice before he picked up “Yo Zacky what’s up man?” He asked

I smiled and said “Danni’s awake! You need to get your ass down here!”

“I’m in the parking lot…..wait……. She’s awake? When did she wake up?”

I chuckled and said “About 15 minutes ago. I’m gonna go back in and tell her you’re here, I’ll see you when you get up there.”

“Alright, man, see ya.” He said then we both hung up. I made my way back up to Danni’s room I was right outside the door when I heard crying.

“Get the hell out of here, just leave me alone Jay.” I heard Danni plead.

That dickhead is in there with her and my daughter, oh hell no. I barged into the room to see him going to gab Bailey who was bawling.

“Get the fuck away from my daughter!” I growled.

I stepped between him and the bed that Danni and Bailey were laying in.

“Who the fuck do you think you are, they are mine! They belong to me!” he screamed.

“They don’t belong to anyone dickhead,” I heard Danni whisper to Bailey to reach over and hit the emergency call button. “Danni is her own person she can think for herself and Bailey is my daughter. You are lucky I haven’t killed you yet for laying a hand on either of them.”

Just then Matt walked in followed but nurses and security “What the hell is going on in here?” Matt asked.

Still glaring at Jay said “Matt this is Jay the one responsible for putting Danni and Bailey in the hospital.”

Danni pleaded with security “Arrest him please, he’s the reason I’m here. He hurt me, he hurt my baby please!”

They didn’t need to be told twice, they went after him but he got around them and tried to run out the door, which was a bad mistake for him cause Matt was standing right there and punched him square in the face knocking him to the ground. “You fucking piece of shit, you’re lucky there are cops here cause if there weren’t I wouldn’t hesitate to kill you for hurt my baby sister and my little niece.”

The cops put him in handcuffs and pulled him to his feet before walking him out of the room. I turned around to face Bailey and Danni who were both crying, “Are you ok?” I asked Danni as I picked up Bailey.

Danni sat up and wrapped her arms around my waist; I held Bailey in one arm and wrapped the other around her. “Thank you Zack.”

I kissed the top of her head “You’re more then welcome Danni!”

“Daddy?” Bailey asked as her tears finally stopped.

“Yeah princess?”

“Jay Jay go away forever?” she asked.

I smiled sadly and said “Hopefully he will babygirl, I promised you that I wouldn’t let him hurt you anymore and I never break my promises. He will never hurt you again sweetie, now why don’t you go get some fishes from the cafeteria with Uncle Matt while mommy and I have a talk.”

I looked over at Matt to make sure that was alright and he nodded telling me it was as he walked over and gently took Bailey from my arms, “You guys talk, we’ll be back in a little bit. It’s good to have you back Sissa!” He leaned down and kissed Danni’s forehead.

“It’s good to be back Bubba, we’ll catch up when you two get back. Bailey behave for Uncle Matt.”

Bailey nodded “Ok mommy, bye bye, bye bye, Daddy!”

I smiled and waved as Matt walked out with her in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!!!