Stories of a smartass vampire

Proluge

Running. It's all I've ever known. From tag when I was five, to the 400 meter run in track, to running from cops. If I had known that this would happen I would have practiced more. I hear the sizzle of water behind me. " Get down Lita!" I yell as i tackle her to the sandy ground. A gigantic pillar of fire roars over our heads, singeing our clothes and skin. " What the hell Jack!?" Lita yelps.
I get up and haul Lita up along the way. we head for the trees as if survival is just on the other side of the bushes. Lita starts to fall behind, so i pick her up and run harder. I hear something that sounds like the screech of an eagle and the hiss of a snake. The creature that fired the....umm, fire, is still behind us. But what i see it do stops me dead in my tracks. This abomination of god has the body of an unearthly snake, the talons of an oversized eagle, and the face of a young, beautiful woman. It stops and screeches, Then melts into the sand.
What?! Was that thing an illusion? Is it the sand? I stand there for a whole minute in shock. Two. Three. "Baby? Jack, are you okay?" Lita says worried. she grabs my face and pulls it down to hers so I'm looking into her eyes. I admire every single feature she has. Her long, soft, fragrant, black hair flowing down to her shoulders. Her soft skin, with the occasional scar. Her smile; white, stunning teeth. The worlds cutest dimples, that drive me insane with how much they make me blush. finally my eyes settle on her brown, determined eyes. " Baby? Jack, please answer me!" she yells as tears start to well up in her eyes. She leans forward and brushes her lips against mine. I blush uncontrolablely and hold her closer to me, burieing my head into her shoulders.
" I'm so sorry Lita." i say and let her go. she brushes a stand of hair away from her face and smiles. " You know what happens when you focus too hard." she says, with her hands on her waist. " Are you referring to my ability or calling me stupid?" I say and raise an eyebrow mockingly. Lita's referring to an ability ( or curse) I've had since birth. Out of curiosity i pick up a shard of broken glass and cup it in my hands. Aura flows into it and the shard molds itself into and orb. it glows, but after awhile it starts to blink. " Find Jason." I order. It starts blinking faster and flies off.
" What are you doing babe?" Lita asks. " Jason will know what that thing was, besides, we have nothing else to do." i reply. Lita fidgets with her hands and looks down. as if something like a sixth sense, I can tell she's disappointed.
Jack Allen young, you shmuck! You promised to take her out to the beach, then the movies, then dinner, then home. Her night. Perfect and full of romance. God, how i would enjoy that... snap out of it Jack, sex can wait... damnit. so as a consoluation is grab both of her hands and move them. I place my hands firmly on her hips, pull her close, close my eyes and lean forward, and kiss her sweet lips. She kisses back and we stay there, holding each other in the evening light. " Jack, you... your eyes aren't blue and green anymore. they're red! If i didn't know any better, I'd say you were a vampire." she says and shivers. " vampires are icky."
i scoff jokeingly and Lita giggles. Her smooth hands slide up my back and she rests her head on my chest. " besides baby, your my vampire." Lita says as i blush. Smileing, we dance in the moonlight. If only i knew how true that " Vampire" statement was. so begins the vampireic life of Jack " paralyzed eyes" Young.