The secrets of the forest

Skyrah-Power in the air

Chapter 4 - Skyrah’s POV

I awoke to find myself on the floor, snuggled amongst the many piles of clothes that had spilled from my three suitcases, having given up putting them away after the hour effort it had took to remember the codes for the three locks. Sighing in frustration at the fact I would have to clear the mess up I set to work, slowly folding the now creased clothes and placing them in neat piles, ready to go into my closet. The room was simple and would be easy to personalise because its theme was white and pine, leaving me with many possibilities to change the style. In the centre stood a king sized bed, with simple white sheets and a small black design printed at the bottom and on the edge of each pillowcase, next to the gorgeous white framed bed stood a simple bed side table with one draw, where I could place my writing and the books I’m reading. On the left wall stood one door, which opened to reveal a stunning black and white bathroom, containing a toilet, sink and a joint shower and corner bath, each which stood dust free and featureless against the bare walls. The other door that leads from the room was held on the right wall, leading to my closet, one that I could still not believe was all mine.

Slowly I began to make progress, placing many clothes on hangers while underwear and jeans went in draws, everything slowly becoming less chaotic and more organised, like my room back home. Setting out my jewellery and make up on the small dresser that stood on the right hand side of the room I finally left my closet, deciding that I was happy with the layout of its new contents. Picking out some comfy shorts and a cosy top I got changed and cleaned my teeth, relieved that I could finally go to sleep after such a long day.

‘The wind surged around me, pulling my hair up, leaving it to flow around my happy face as I slowly whispered silent words. Slowly the darkness that had surrounded me moments before began to fade, and I sat instead now illuminated by small fires that hung in the air, like fireflies above my still form. The floor beneath me felt rough and was heating at an extreme rate, burning my legs where they touched the now scorching floor. In a sudden rush or pain I screamed in terror at the feeling that was coming from the burns that melted my fragile skin. The warmth of the air became less fierce, the sight of a stream coming into focus as my tears dried in the heat, leaving me with hope once more. The water pooled around me, stinging my wounds at first, but then becoming soothing as my skin quickly healed, leaving me with simple bruises where the burns had been. Caressing my face gently the wind calmed my restless spirit, helping to send me into a simple sleep, relieving me from the pain that had only moments ago screamed from every part of my being.’

I awoke to a loud knock that rattled through the dorm and which was followed by two people cussing repeatedly at each other, and who only stopped when the sound of a stinging slap rang across the rooms. I laid in a wordless debate on the fact that I should get up, you know those ones where you think ‘I must get up’ but just lay there still and think ‘yeah I must’, then ten minutes later your mum yells at you to get up? Well one of then, but when I heard a distinct thud of someone falling out of bed and being dragged across their room I decided to actually listen to my mind.

The bed made no noise when I sat up and got out of bed, amazing me as every other bed I’ve had has at least squeaked when I moved, even under my petite form. Walking to the door I straightened my top and shorts, and pulled my hair out of my face with a hair tie that stayed attached permanently to my wrist or hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but i think most of the chapters in this story will be, i'm not sure wheather to keep writing so please comment if you like it!