Status: slowly progressing

Paradise Lost

Transforming

I woke up the next morning at noon to the sound of talking. Jorel was already up and somewhere upstairs. I listened as I heard a door open and watched as he walked into the room, talking on the phone.

“Yeah, yeah. I got it. No. Yeah, I’ll see you soon.” Jay said, still on his phone.

“I got to go, Nat. I’m so sorry but I’ll be home soon. I have to go meet the guys.”

“Ok, I’ll see you later then, I guess.”

“Bye.” He said, walking out of the room.

I didn’t get a ‘Have a nice day’ or even an ‘I’ll see you later’. I called Chelsey to see what she was up to since all of the guys were obviously having a meeting.

“Hey!” She said, answering her phone.

“What’s up?” I asked, hearing a voice in the background.

“Nothing much, sitting around and hanging out with Matt.”

“I thought the guys had a group meeting?”
I heard her ask Matt about the meeting, and heard his reply.

“No, we didn’t have a meeting today.”

So Jorel lied to me. I don’t know what he was doing, but he had already lied to me.

“I got to go.” I told Chelsey, hanging up the phone.

She had started to ask about Jay but I hung up before she actually got the chance. The bastard had lied to me. Twice. First, for telling me that he cared about me, and the second time for telling me he had a band meeting and he didn’t. It hadn’t even been twenty four hours yet.

I went downstairs and sat in the living room, turning on the TV. I was flipping through channels and within minutes my phone was ringing again. The number on the call ID said blocked, but I answered anyways. It was a collect call from the police station. I accepted the charge and waited for who I knew would be Jorel on the other line.

“Hey Nat.”

“Hey, what do you need.”

“Can you come bail out me and George?”

“How much am I going to have to post for both of you?”

“$3000. We got caught for vandalism. We were tagging. They said we can come home if we can post bail. This is our second offence, and then if it happens again we actually have to appear in court.”

“Jay, I don’t have $3000 to scrape up. Where the hell did you think I would get it at?”

“Look, get however much you can. Call Matt, Aron and Jordan and tell them. They’ll pay the rest of it. I got to go now, I’ll see you when you get here.”

He hung up the phone, leaving me pissed off and speechless. I contained my rage for the moment and called all three guys and explained the situation. I currently had $1800 in my bank account and I was taking out $1500. That would pay for Jay’s half of the fine. Jordan was paying the other $1500 and was going to meet me at the station. We both arrived at the station around 1:30 and got them out of jail. This time. Jordan and I just looked at each other and shook our heads as the guys walked out together. Jordan hit both of them in the head when they reached us.

“Hey dipshit.” Was his greeting to them as hugged us.

Jordan and George left, leaving Jorel and I in the parking lot of the LA police department staring at each other.

“So how’d the band meeting go?” I asked, staring him straight in the eyes.

“Umm,” he rubbed the back of his neck, the sign that always meant he was nervous or stressed, “Me and George wrote some new songs?”

“Not gonna work. This makes it twice now that I’ve had to post bail for you. Me and Jordan both said that the next time you two get caught being stupid and tagging that you can just go to court.”

“I understand.”

“Let’s go home.” I said, stressed out that I only had $300 left in my bank account to last me for the next month.

Jorel and I spent the rest of the day avoiding each other, giving each other time to cool off. He knew that I was short tempered and that the best thing for me right now was space.

I called Chris to talk while standing in the kitchen cooking dinner for me and Jay.

“Hey sis!” He answered on the second ring.

“Hey. Any word about a job with AP?”

“Yeah, actually. Brett said that if you are a Journalism major with a minor in visual art and photography that he can definitely get you a job. Actually, he said that he’s going give you a call sometime this week.”

“Thank you so much!”

“Anything for you sis.”

“Good, I need some money. I just spent the majority of mine bailing Jay out.”

“What the hell did he do this time?”

“What do you think.”

“Hmm, vandalism? Or public nudity and he was drunk?”

“Vandalism. Him and George.”

“I would have left them.” Chris laughed, before ending the conversation because his wife was home.
I finished cooking the spaghetti and put it in two bowls, yelling for Jay to come downstairs. As we sat at the table, the first few minutes was silent before Jay finally decided to talk.

“So, thanks for bailing me out today.”

“Your welcome.”

“Sorry I lied, I just know how mad you get because you say I’m going to get arrested. And then I did.”

I laughed at the look on his face, easing the tension a little. He looked like a scolded puppy and I told him so. Then, he was laughing too.

“God, it’s been a day and I feel whipped again.” He laughed, eating his spaghetti and getting up to get some more.

“Good.”

Dinner finished and Jay did the dishes for the first time in his life.

“Let’s go see a movie tonight.” Jay stated, looking at me for a reply.

“What movie?”

“I was thinking Transformers 2 since you love it so much. We’ll go when it opens at midnight.”

“AHH! Yes! Thank you!”

With that, I ran upstairs to get ready, with Jorel chasing me and making me laugh the entire time.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?