Status: slowly progressing

Paradise Lost

And All The Shit We've Been Through

The next week, I boarded the plane by myself. I had said goodbye to everyone the night before, and came to the airport alone this morning. I didn’t get to say goodbye to the one person that mattered most, however. He had been constantly drunk for the past week, and I was convinced that he was back on drugs again too. I sighed as I boarded the plane and made my way to Ohio. I would be in Cleveland for a week, and then I would return to LA for two. I was here for an interview and to meet Brett, and to possibly start looking for an apartment if he liked me.
I landed in Ohio after a six hour flight and gathered my two carry-on bags. I looked around at the new city I would possibly be living in. However, that wasn’t going to keep me away from LA. I promised the girls and guys that I would come home at least twice a month. Remembering that, I quickly found my phone in my purse and sent a text to George letting him know that I landed safely and to tell the rest of the guys. In a lot of ways, George was my rock. He was the one who was always there, even when who I wanted was Jorel. He stood by me and comforted me when Jorel wasn’t that, and for that I was extremely thankful. He was like a brother, and I was one of the only ones encouraging me to leave LA and do something great with my life.
I found the Avis desk and got the keys to my rental car, and then drove out into Cleveland, hoping that the GPS system in the car would lead me to my destination of the AP building. It was only a ten minute drive there from the airport, and I parked in the parking garage beside the building. Hopefully, Brett wasn’t at lunch and I could talk to him quickly, because right now I really wanted to find a hotel and lay down in a bed.
I walked to the front desk and asked for Brett Potter, and the receptionist pointed me to an office and told me to knock.

“Come in.” I heard, after softly knocking three times.

“Hi, Mr. Potter. I’m Natalie Gallagher.”

“Come on in, Natalie, and please, call me Brett.” He answered, smiling.

We talked about my options, and I was told that I would have the option to tour with bands, interview them, I could even work at Warped Tour if I chose too. I felt my phone buzzing in my purse and ignored it. After probably half an hour Brett let me go, telling me to get some rest. My phone had continuously buzzed while I was in his office, causing me a considerable amount of embarrassment.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the seven text messages I had received, from Matt, George, Jordan, Dillon, Emily, Chelsey and Aron. I almost dropped my phone in shock as I realized that they all said the same exact thing.

“Taking J to ER. Possibly alcohol poisoning, maybe OD. Let u kno what happens.”

I sat in my rental car and pulled out my laptop, searching for the soonest ticket from Cleveland to LA. I found one that unfortunately cost me $300, but I bought it and my flight would be in an hour. I drove back to the airport, not bothering to slow down, and called George, letting him know that I was coming home.

“Nat, just stay there. We’ll let you know what happens. He’s in the room right now, he’ll probably be admitted to the hospital for a few days.” He told me, trying to get me calmed down.

“I’m fucking coming home, okay? I have to know that he’s alright. And talk some sense into him.”

“Do you even have a plane ticket?”

“I just bought one, I have to go, I’m going to be boarding soon and I have to call Brett and tell him that I won’t be at the office tomorrow.”

“I’ll be there in six hours when you land and I’ll come get you, okay Nat. Relax.”

“Bye, George.”

I sat down and then called Brett to explain to him why I would miss my first day actually experiencing what it would be like in the office. He said that he understood, and that he would see me when things were settled down again. I boarded my plane and made my way home.

The plane ride was excruciatingly long, or so it seemed, and George was waiting for me when I landed, just like he said. I was completely freaked out, and almost in tears. Was Jay ok? Would he be forced into rehab? George pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head, leading me to his Cadillac.

“Has he been admitted yet? What’s wrong with him?”

“He was popping pills and drinking. He’s alive, but I’m surprised. They had to pump his stomach and he’ll be there for a few days.”

“Oh thank god, but he’s so fucking stupid!”

“I know Nat, and when we get there you can let him have it, okay?” George said, laughing at the sudden burst of rage that I had.

“I just, ugh! He makes me so fucking angry. Does he not care what happens to him?”

“Apparently not.” George answered, pulling onto the highway.

The rest of the ride was quiet, but not awkward. George knew me, and knew that I needed to sort things out in my head, so he let me. The only thing in the background was the sound of the radio, blasting whatever the newest rock hit was. Internally, my mind was a battlefield. Fighting my urge to go scream and yell and cuss at Jay when I got to the hospital, and trying to figure out the best way to stay calm. I loved him; I knew that because if I didn’t, I wouldn’t have flown home so quickly. I hadn’t even realized that George was already out of the car and opening the door to let me out.

“He’s on the third floor.” George said, as we stepped into the elevator.

I quickly hit the button, and let George lead me to the room when we stepped out. I was attacked with hugs when we reached the waiting room, and I saw that everyone was there. Chelsey was the first to engulf me in her arms, as she told that everything would be okay. Next was Jordan, Dillon, Aron, and Matt apologizing to me, saying that they didn’t want me to have to come home so soon. I told them it was fine, that I came because I wanted to. I gave small hugs to Emily and Scarlett before George pointed me to the door that was across the hall, and told me to go in. I stepped in and held me breath as I saw what was in front of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in so long! I had seven more pages written, and then being stupid, I closed out of word and clicked don't save. I wanted to cry and it made me lose my inspiration to write because I didn't want to have to rewrite all of it. Anyways, enjoy. I will probably have another update up by Friday, but then there won't be one for at least four more days because I'm leaving for Las Vegas on Saturday. Enjoy and comments please!