Status: slowly progressing

Paradise Lost

Relief

“Hey babe.” He said as I walked inside.

I felt the guilt grow inside me, and my heart began to beat faster.

“Jay, before I ay anything, I want to let you know that it was a mistake.”

“Ok, now I’m a little concerned. Just tell me.”

“I kissed George.”

“Wow.”

“I know, and I’m sorry.”

“No, I can’t believe it took this long.” He said, slightly laughing.

I arched my eyebrow and stared at him.

“Do you know how often shit like that used to happen between me and the guys. It’s unavoidable, Nat. As long as you didn’t sleep with him I think we’re good.” He explained, stretching his arms open for a hug.

“But what about your job?” he asked, holding me close to his chest.

“I don’t know. I have to call Brett and explain some things to him later.”

“What do you need to explain?”

“Well, everyone know who Hollywood Undead is, at least they should, so I think I need to tell Brett that the dumb shits I roll with need a babysitter. I might be gone sometimes, but I think I might ask if I can work from home. If he says no, then I guess I’m out of a job. For now, though, I need to be here.”

“Wow. I feel like a douche right now.”

“Probably.” I laughed, getting up and leaving the room.
As I walked out the door I turned and blew him a kiss, hoping that this could be our fresh start. I said my goodbyes and went to the waiting room.

“How’d it go?” Aron asked.

“We didn’t formally say it, but I think we’re starting over. Fresh, you know.”

“Good. Now go home.”

“That’s what I was planning on doing. When’s Jay going to be able to come home?”

“Tomorrow afternoon.”

“Ok, I’ll come pick him up.”

“Sounds good. See ya, Nat.”

I ran to my car and jumped in, now starving to death. I drove down the block and grabbed some McDonald’s and then sped home. I needed to call Brett, and I needed to tell him what had happened.

I got inside and locked the door behind me, hanging up my keys as I went. I sat down on the couch and grabbed my phone, listening to the dial tone as I hit the ‘Talk’ button.

One ring, two rings, there he is.

“AP Magazine, Spencer speaking.”

“Hi Spencer, this is Natalie. Can I speak to Brett please?”

“Hold on one second. I’ll transfer you over.”

“Thanks.” I waited a moment and then heard the click of a receiver picking up again.

“Hello, Brett speaking.”

“Hi Brett, it’s Natalie.”

“Natalie, how was your flight home? I’m sorry you had to leave so suddenly.”

“It was ok. That’s why I needed to talk to you.”

“Ok, what would you like to discuss?”

“Well, I hang out with some pretty crazy guys as you heard today. They go by the name of Hollywood Undead and-”

“They’re a rap rock group aren’t they? I’ve read reviews on their shows. Talented guys.”

“Yeah, well they’re also pretty stupid. One of them, who I my boyfriend, almost drank himself to death while I was gone.”

“Yes, so you said earlier.”

“Yeah, and I was just wondering if I could have a little time off to help him recuperate and then if I could fly in. But I also wanted to know if it would be possible for me to work and still live in LA.”

“Well, I’m sure that if you could fly to Chicago once a month we could let you write from home. You’re portfolio of work is amazing, and we would be more than happy to accommodate your needs for working with us. I’ll look at our schedule and then I will call you back tomorrow. Does that sound ok?”

“Perfect, Brett. And thank you so much.”

“No problem Natalie. Goodbye.”

“Bye.”

I leaned back on the couch, exhaling. All of my worries were dissolving. I spent the rest of the evening in that same spot, watching TV and working from my laptop. Tomorrow, Jay would come home and we would work out the problems in our relationship. My life was once again on track, for a while at least.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I know it's been forever since I've written anything, but hopefully I can start again soon. I wanted to say sorry, but I have an incredibly busy schedule and don't really know how often updates are going to come between school, work and running three different clubs. I'll try to get one update a week, but it may not exactly be consistent depending on my work load for the week. Thanks for sticking with me!