Status: slowly progressing

Paradise Lost

Trouble

A month had passed and things were settling back down. I had gotten the hang of writing articles and sending them in, and was also doing some free-lancing work with other magazines on the side. I was just finishing writing an article when Jay walked in, slamming the door behind him.

“What’s up?” I asked, setting my laptop on the table and sitting up.

He came and sat down beside me, laying his head in my lap and I watched as he closed his eyes, slowly breathing in and out.

“Want to talk about it?” I asked, leaning down to kissing his forehead.

“We’re touring soon and everyone is arguing and fighting. I don’t even know what’s going on and all I really need to do is relax.”

“When are you leaving on tour?”

“One week.”

“Do you want to go on tour?”

“Yeah, you know I do Nat, I love seeing the world and the fans. It’s Aron who isn’t sure he wants to go.”

“Why not, this is his life.”

“His new solo career is his life. He hasn’t even been productive in the studio with me and the guys this week. He’s been focusing on his new dream.”

“Give him time, Jay. Maybe he’ll turn around.”

“He won’t. That’s the thing. We all had a meeting this afternoon without Aron. We’re taking this tour on without him and we’re placing in Daniel to cover for him.”

“Daniel? Really?”

“Yeah.”

I was surprised. Daniel was friends with the guys and I had met him and partied with him multiple times but he had never actually been in the group. Things with Aron must have truly been rough if they had already replaced him.

“Will it sound the same?”

“Yeah, I mean, his voice is almost the same. And he knows the songs and he has the stage presence.”

“Then it seems like you solved the problem, right?”

“It’s just stressing me out. What will everyone think when they see that Deuce isn’t up there with us. Will the crowd still react the same?”

“I’m sure they will, Jay.”

“Can we go out tonight?”

“Sure, where?”

“I was thinking Thai Emerald. It’s off of Highland.”

“Yeah, they have the best pad thai! It’s so delicious.”

“Let’s go. I need to unwind.”

I grabbed my purse and we were out the door and in my jeep heading towards Highland. I was worried about Jay and the rest of the guys. If anything happened to Hollywood Undead, each one of them would be lost. This group is what kept them out of jail (the majority of the time) and off of the streets. Only time would tell what would happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has taken me so long to update, but things are finally calming down. I have a break before exams and semester changes to hopefully I will find even more time to write this week!