Status: slowly progressing

Paradise Lost

Break Me Down

Of course, we were fighting again. Within twenty minutes of being in the room together, all hell had broken loose.

“You know what I’m like when I’m touring with the guys. It’s just the way I am.”

“Don’t blame this fucking thing on the fact that you’re different when you get to be ‘J-Dogg’ because I know the guy behind the mask and he used to care about me.”

“Well maybe I changed. You really don’t expect me to only be with you, do you?”

“Yeah, Jorel, I do. I did, anyways. You tell me you love me and then fuck other chicks every night. How do you think that makes me feel, huh? How would you feel? No one else cheated on their girl on tour, so what makes you the exception?”

“You knew what I was like when we started dating.”

“And you knew what I was like. You were there when every other guy I’ve ever dated did the same thing to me. You helped me, picked up the pieces. You promised that you would never be like them. Well guess what, Jorel. You are no better than any of my other ex’s. You lie, cheat and worse than that, you’re a hypocrite. I’m leaving.”

With that, I opened up the door and came face to face with five guys listening to our conversation.

“Since I’m guessing that you all heard that, then you don’t need an explanation as to why I’m leaving. Someone take me home. Now.”

“Come on Nat, you know that he doesn’t mean it.” Jordan said, sticking up for his best friend.

“Look, Jordan, he does ok. I’m out of here though. George, take me home.”

“Uh, sure.” George said, looking around at the rest of the guys.

“We’ll come too.” They all said, with the exception of Jordan who said that he would stay with Jorel.

I sat in silence in the back seat of the Avalanche as George drove me back to my house, the rest of the guys beside me.

“You want to go out to dinner tonight?” Dillon asked me as I was stepping out of the car.

“Nah, you guys go. I’m going to just stay home. I need some time to figure out what I’m going to do. There’s no way that I can keep making house payments now that Jorel isn’t helping out anymore. I’ve got to call my brother and see what I should do. I think I’m going to have to sell the place.”

By now I was breaking down into tears, sobbing hysterically.

“Natalie, no you don’t. We’ll help you out. Don’t leave, ok. And you’re going to miss out meeting my new girlfriend tonight.” Aron pouted as I was walking up the driveway.

“Fine, everyone just come over here later. We’ll hang out here.”

“Ok, see you at six!” They yelled, backing out of the driveway and heading off down the street.

As soon as I was inside, I collapsed on the couch. What the hell was I going to do about making my house payments? I couldn’t pay them by just taking pictures for Hollywoodland Magazine. I dialed my brother’s number, waiting for him to pick up.

“Hey Nat. What’s up?” Chris asked when he answered.

“Me and J broke up.”

“Oh god, I sense drama. Leave me out of it please. I mean, I’m sorry and all Nat, but I really don’t want to be involved in this mess. Because I know you and I know J and you are the two most stubborn people I’ve ever met.”

“Ok, I will. But I have a question.”

“No you can’t move in with me and Blayne.”

“I wasn’t going to ask that.”

“Ok, fine, what?”

“Can you help me get another job?”

“Wow, I wasn’t expecting that. You hate real jobs. They bore you.”

“I know, but I need one if I’m going to keep my house.”

“Yeah, I’ll help you out sis. How about you meet me for lunch tomorrow and we’ll figure something out. I can probably get my friend Brett to help you out. He’s an editor for Alternative Press. I’ll give him a call; I know you love writing and photography. That’ll be perfect for you.”

“Thanks so much, Chris. Love you.”

“Love you too, I’ll see you at noon at Starbucks tomorrow, ok?”

“Got it. Thanks again.”

“See ya Nat.”

Knowing that I might have a new job made me feel slightly better about my current position. I smiled and fell asleep, completely exhausted. Soon, I was woken up by a constant banging on my door. Well, the boys had arrived.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update!