Love Edward

Love Edward

Bella’s POV

Edward…
Edward…
Edward…
I said his name over and over again in my restless sleep, he was all I could think about. Even when I woke up his name still playing in my head like a broken record over and over. I opened my bedroom door and heading downstairs finding breakfast for myself in the kitchen, his name still hovering in the back of my mind. By the time I had finished breakfast my head was screaming as loud as it could manage. Edward! Edward! Edward!
I ran upstairs and threw myself on my bed, covering my head under the pillow and closing my eyes tightly, the screaming muffled slightly. I lay for longer, begging the screaming to stop completely. After what felt like five minutes (it could have been longer maybe ten), I got up and dressed then flew downstairs quickly tidying the dishes I had used. I found my shoes and coat I headed outside. I walked across the driveway to the roadside. Left or right I though to myself. Left into Forks or right into trees.

As I looked right something caught my eye. Something I’d never noticed before, the tall modern structure of a house showing through the trees. The full length glass windows made it look light and airy. The Cullen’s place had never been visible from the road before. The forest looked thinner too.
Without thinking I started through the trees, but as I walked the green started to increase, back to it’s usual thickness, hiding the house from view. It almost disappeared completely through the thick tree trunks I made myself run, keeping the porch doorway in view. Suddenly I felt the ground underneath my feet change from marshy mud to hard concrete as I reached the house, now out of breath. It looked lifeless yet as I stared up at the structure that was now the deserted Cullen family home I felt it was watching over me. I walked closer until I was about six feet away from the front door. I heard a rustle in the trees and looked up to watch birds leaving their nest but in all different directions as if they had been disturbed. The strong sense of being watched took over me and I felt only one place for safety. I turned and ran for the Cullen’s. To my surprise the door was open and I dashed inside, pulling the heavy shutters over the bottom floor windows. As I passed the piano I grabbed the small remote and pressed the blinds for the second and third floors, it was then I felt a chill run down my spine as I realised that if the front door had been unlocked the glass patio doors in what had been Edward’s bedroom would be wide open. I was now panicking more inside than I had been in the driveway. I ran for the door and kept going through the forest as fast as I could, then without permission the scream returned from my subconscious memory.
Edward! Edward! Edward!

When I reached the driveway in front of my own house I fell to my knees hands out in front of me.
“He’s not here, he’s gone and he’s not coming back! Just stop saying his name over and over he’s no longer here and he won’t be here again!” I yelled to no one at all. To my surprise the screaming stopped. Slowly I got to my feet feeling a little light-headed and shaky.
“Bella” a low velvet voice came from behind me. I turned to see the person I care about and love. My life standing only inches away from me, tears flooded my head and eyes at the thought of it. Choking them back I took a deep breath.
“You shouldn’t be here” I screamed. As I spoke I heard Charlie’s car pull into the driveway behind me. “I don’t want you here, you have to leave. Now.” The last words left my lips and I fled for the house, I didn’t want him to see my tears. Ignoring Charlie who was now out of his car and at a loss to what had just happened I ran up the front steps into the house and for my bedroom. I slammed my bedroom door and dashed over to the window. He was gone. I cried myself to sleep that night. How could I be so cruel, I loved him. He meant more to me than life itself.

I woke the next morning to find an envelope on my bedside table, it was leaning on my lamp with my name on the front. I turned it over to open it and found there was writing on the back too. “Open when you feel the need, love Edward” I smiled and replaced the envelope on the table. I didn’t feel the need. It gave me piece of mind to know that he’d been in my room during the night, maybe even stayed to watch me sleep. I knew something now that I’d wanted to know the past six months. Love Edward.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is fictional and i wrote it after reading the beginning of New Moon.