Before the Worst

Love Story

Image

2 months and many dates later had made David my boyfriend.
I can't explain how I feel other than fantastic.
I love him, he loves me.
We have the perfect relationship, but of course somebody thought other wise.

And that somebody was my really good friend Caleb.

He thought nothing of it, saying Dave was bad for me and that bullshit.
I wanted to smack him sooo bad sometimes, but I couldn't bring myself to actually do so.
Even though he said the most cruel things about my Dave.

I don't really know why I can't bring myself to harm Caleb and it drives me insane!
Spencer says it's because I like him but that's a pretty ridicoulus statement when my boyfriends name, indeed is Davis.
Not Caleb.
What really bothers me is the fact that I can't remember that I've had trouble smacking down friends before, if they've crossed the line.
Caleb cross the line EVERY DAY! But nooooo, I didn't do anything about it....
Even though it was annoying the shit out of me, I still smiled a little everytime I though about it.

He only cares for me.
He's one of my bestfriends.
Every bestfriend is concerned? Right?
Right.

+++

"Brianna?"
"Brianna, you in here babe?"
Nobody respects my privacy! I'm in the bus to be alone, since everybody else is at the bonefire tonight, and I said I wanted to be alone but noo.. They don't listen to me.
God.

Silently I crawled under the lower bunk, praying they wouldn't hear or see me.
I didn't want anyone pittying me. Not tonight.

Footsteps was coming my way. They reached the bunk area and stopped.
Fuck! They've seen me..

Then rushing footsteps came chasing after the first four.

"Get out of here guys! She isn't coming tonight, get over it!" I heard Spencer breath out.
She'd obviously had to run to catch up with them.

"But Spencer" Jack whined.
"She isn't coming, OK?" Spencer repeated.
"Maybe she's changed her mind" Alex said, more like stated.
There was no question, I had changed my mind (in his mind).
"Then wouldn't she be here?" Spencer asked. None of the two boys answered.
"Wouldn't she been with us right now? -If she had changed her mind?"
I could barely see them from my hidingspot, but I knew enough that I could assume they didn't know what to say.
They were such dumbasses, but I loved em.

"That's what I though!" Spencer laughed a little.
"Now, let's get out of here. There's a party going on!"
Spencer raised her voice in eagerness.
She loved to party, just like me.
I just didn't want to tonight.

And remind me that I have to thank her for covering me up late.
She knew I was in there, she probably knew where I was hiding as well, she knew why, and she was such a good friend not to tell anybody.
Well, she was a good friend anyway, but I don't know if I would have been as good as her to keep the secret from everyone.
Especially when we all lived so close. As in kinda 'on top of each other'.

+++

I woke up hearing a faint "Bri?". Noo..
There were some shuffling and suddenly the room was filled with light.
I was behind my curtin in my bed, praying the person would leave.

"Brianna, I know your in here. Come out" Caleb's voice was coming closer.
I held my breath, trying not to make any sound.
"I can hear you" He staded. What the...?
I breath out in surprise and the next second my curtin was dragged aside.

Caleb looked at me softly. "What's wrong honny?"
"N-Nothing" I pressed a smile.
"Yes there is" He said looking me in the eyes.
"How would you know?" I said defensivly. Oh no. Not a good idea.
"I know you Bri." He said as he went and turned off the lights again.
"And that kinda told me there was something wrong for sure." He laughed lightly, while taking off his shoes and allowing himself to climb up in my bunk and lay beside me.

His arms snaked around my waist. He knew I found it was soothing when he did. Nobody else could calm me like Caleb could. Not even David.

"Why don't you tell me what's wrong?" He whispered squeezing my hands lightly.
"I... I-" I couldn't say it.

In a matter of seconds later I found myself crying.
Caleb turned me against him, against his chest as he held me tight, saying soothing words to me while letting me soak his shirt.

I couldn't ask for a better friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this took me so long! And that this chapter absolutely suck..
Ive been moving and stuff, but now im all settled in so i should be able to make more chapters now:)