And The Very Last Diamond Began To Fall

Chapter 2

The rain beat down on the pavement like a drum and the birds had taken refuge in their trees, so there was no singing. It was sad, actually, because the birds' songs were usually what stopped me from turning around and walking back home in the mornings. I drudged along slowly, dreading the seven hours of school I was about to endure. I held the ugly, somewhat childish umbrella high about my head, but I was still getting soaked by the rain. My clothes were just damp, but the green cloth of my converse were completely wet and soggy and, of course, so were my socks. It was a disgusting feeling.
The hideous brick building of Gregory Clover High School came into view, in all it's soul-crushing glory. I stopped, taking a short breath, and enjoying my last moment of absolute freedom before making my way into another day of hell. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't unpopular or a bad student by any means, it's just, I hated this school. We had such a messed up school district. If I could've gone to private school, trust me, I would've jumped at the chance. But mother dearest thought it was a "bad idea" and that public school was good for "emotional growth". What she really meant is that she didn't want to spend any of the millions she got from her divorce from dear old dad, who never comes to see me, on anything other than liquor. What a charmed life I lead.
I walked in as the high pitched schreech of the warning bell filled the narrow halls. I grabbed my spanish book and threw my umbrella into my locker before practically sprinting to the other side of the building for first period. My teacher, Mr. Hernandez, was strict about coming to class on time. I was rather afraid of him, actually, so I made every effort not to be late to his class. I made it inside, with less than 15 seconds to spare, sat down and ripped my book out of the bulky, purple bookbag I had placed it in not 3 minutes beforehand. And thus we began the normal, daily schedule that we follow everyday, unless of course, in the occurance of another bomb threat.
The periods dragged by, everything becoming a blur, and I had not learned anything. This was also routine. Somehow, though, I managed a 98 average. It's probably because this is public school. Everything is a repeat of what you learned in elementary and public school. Except for math, my worst subject. Geometry was going to be the death of me.
I sat in geometry looking at the window, as I usually do. It was another routine thing, just like everything else is. I watched the people with 6th period lunch sitting peacefully along the courtyard, talking to their friends. That's when I saw someone I didn't recognize. Sure, there were new kids every once in a while, but we lived in the middle of nowhere in upstate New York. New kids are basically announced within moments of their arrival...I wish I was kidding. He was very tall, tan, and actually very good looking. He was definitely more attractive than any of the other boys in this school. Although, I had gone to school with all of these other boys for my entire school career, so i might be a little bit biased.
As creepy as it sounds, I couldn't help but stare and watch him. He moved with such grace, a skill I had never possed, let alone mastered. He had a "lost puppy dog" look adorned on his immaculant face, which I found adorable. But what completely caught my attention was when he slipped on his glasses to read something that was in front of him. He looked so amazing with glasses. Usually, I hated glasses, I felt they ruined appearances. I needed them desperately, but it was for that exact reason that I hardly wore mine. It was then I knew I was developing a huge crush on a stranger, after only seeing him for the first time like 5 minutes previously. Then, as if staring at him wasn't creepy enough, he caught me. He offered a small smile and returned down to his work. I blushed and looked down. He was the first thing to break my routine.
Nothing eventful happened after I first saw "him". I spent all day thinking about him and considering what I would say to him when I actually talked to him. Then I thought about why I was considering this anyway. Why would he want a chubby, normal girl like me? There, certainly, was nothing special about me. So I banished him from my thoughts, although, he returned rather quickly, and seemingly, with a vengeance.
After school and the mountain of homework that I did painstakingly slowly, for my thoughts with preoccupied, I left the house. I walked down the street to the almost abandoned park that no one even remember anymore. I only came at night, in the occurance, that someone did, but usually, they didn't anyway. I sat down under my oak tree, and watched the stars twinkling into the water. I loved that I was safe here, that no one would ever find me here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, I know that I called her "tiny" in the future chapter, and "chubby" here. It's because she changes for him. Just saying. I hope you liked it anyway?