Bitter Sweet

Kira

Stepping out of my car, I sighed pulling my bag over one shoulder, and closing the door. Locking my car I walked to my office placing my keys in my bag. I took a deep breath and pushed the glass door open.

"Good morning, Mrs. Uzawa." the receptionist smiled.

"Morning." I bowed my head as I made my way to the elevator.

I pressed the up button, and stepped inside pressing my number and waiting for the doors to open again. I sighed listening to the music that played faintly over the speakers. Time to ask myself another nonsense question.

'Growing up is this really what I wanted to be? Another cubicle robot, working to please the people?' I reflected my decision to be a journalist.

The elevator doors opened and I quickly walked to my secretary, going over my days work, before my lunch break when I would go to visit my husband.

"Mrs. Uzawa. Your late. Your appointments been waiting ten minutes." she sighed, with a worried expression.

"I'm not," I started looking at my watch. "Damn it!"

I walked to my office, opening the door. Standing on the other side I was startled to find two men in black suits.

"Mrs. Uzawa, I presume. We are with the Tokyo police department." the elder of the two spoke.

"I don't understand." I blinked hoping it wasn't about Ichiro.

"Please, take a seat ma'am. We'll explain everything." he said gesturing toward my desk.

I walked around my desk and sat my bag down, taking a seat across from the two men, who sat in the chairs facing me.

"This has to do with the recent murders of criminals that have been taking place in Japan." the younger said. "Everything you hear in this room, is not to go beyond this room until further notice."

"Alright," I said, nodding.

"The recent murders have been committed by someone who goes by the name, Kira. Japanese officials have arranged for the world famous detective L to solve the case. To aid L in this case, the Japanese task force was formed. Along with that he was given an endless amount of money to fund his investigation." he finished.

"And this has what exactly, to do with me?" I asked confused, failing to absorb the information I was being given.

"L, himself has asked that you help with the investigation, by reporting all information you find, and by realizing certain details to the public, through your articles." the younger jumped in.

"Yes. L, has requested to meet with you himself." the elder, gave the younger a look.

"I suppose I could help." I mumbled.

"If you'll come with us, we'll bring you to meet with L." he said standing.

I stood unsure. "I suppose."

I followed the two men, assuring my secretary that I would be back soon. They led me to their car, the younger opening the door for me. I waited for them to enter the car.

"Is there anything I can call you?" I asked.

"I'm Matsuda." the younger smiled offering his hand.

"I'm Soichiro Yagami."

I watched out the window as the car drove through the city, not realizing that Matsuda was talking to me. Everything in my life was so strange. Lately, everything had begun to steadily fall to pieces.

Having my husband accused of a triple homicide, this new Kira character, the strange dreams I've been having, and now this L person wanting to see me. Everything just keeps getting better.

"Mrs. Uzawa, are you listening?" Matsuda asked looking back at me from the passenger seat.

"Uhh, call me Michiko, please." I smiled glancing up at him.

"Oh, of course. Well like I was saying, L's really a great guy. A little strange at first, but you get used to it after awhile." he smiled turning back around in his seat.

I sighed and staired up at the hotel we had entered the parking lot of. Huge and nice. Of course. I began to put together an image of what I thought this L guy would look like.

The two officers lead me to a hotel room, Chief Yagami, entering first, and Matsuda waiting outside with me for a moment.

"So, Matsuda," I started. "How long have you been an officer?"

"Oh, not very long." he laughed. "This is my first real case."

"Mrs. Uzawa, L will see you." Chief Yagami, stuck his head out of the door.

I entered the room, Matsuda following behind me. In front of me, I realized, my expectations had been failed. The only two people in the room, were what appeared to be another cop, and a young man, with wild hair, who's back was facing me, as he staired at a computer screen. I stood quietly without a word.

"Mrs. Michiko Uzawa," the young man began. "I, as I'm sure you can guess, am L."

L turned to me, then, and the first thing I noticed was how sickly he appeared. I bowed my head, unsurely.

"Uhm, what can I do to help you?" I asked.

"I would like you to join the task force. The decision is completely up to you, but I'll warn you now, that your life may be at risk." he sighed, placing cube upon cube of sugar into a cup of tea. "I would just believe that this case would mean most to you, because your husband is in the line of fire."

Having that said, he turned and continued to type on his computer. I staired at the back of his head finding him somehow familiar. I didn't know how I could recognize someone so utterly bizarre.

What he said made sense, but how could he know about Ichiro. It was true. But provocative.

"Alright." I said. "I'll help, I suppose."

"Thank you. I knew you would." he said calmly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's short!
I love comments. They give me inspiration. ♥