Out of the Morning and Into the Night

Plug it into the wall

Roxine groaned at the sight of elevators yet again. We called for an elevator, this time, getting in with people who were staying on the floor two below ours. My hand was gripped the second we stepped inside the elevator, followed by the others. This time, however, we weren’t given awkward looks for holding hands. Instead, the people asked us how we were doing and why we were in Vegas. Our conversation was stopped short when they reached their desired floor. We said goodbye and wished them a good time while here, and they did the same.

Two more floors up, we exited the elevator and walked down the hallway to return to our room so we could begin getting ready for the concert that was less than 4 hours away.

“I really need a shower, that one water ride we went on got me soaked, and now I feel all dirty and disgusting!” I groaned, walking into the bathroom.

“Hey, can I borrow your straightener? The water made my extensions all wavy,” Roxine asked, looking in the mirror, running her fingers through her hair.

“Sure, go for it,” I called to her, turning it on for her, since I was standing right next to it.
I walked into the shower room, fumbling with the shower, trying to figure out how exactly it turned on. When it finally turned on, I began undressing, taking my earrings and bracelets off and setting it on top of the toilet, while hanging my necklaces on the back of the door. I slowly stepped into the shower, the icy cold water hitting my legs.

“Friggin…gahh!” I screamed, jumping out of the shower and into a giant puddle of water. So I managed to freeze and flood a bathroom at the same time. Wonderful. I could hear Roxine laughing at my screams.

“What’s wrong?” she asked me from the other side of the door.

“The stupid shower attacked me, and I’m flooding the bathroom as we speak!” I screamed, trying to turn the hot water on.

Maybe if I turn the handle the other way, it’ll be the hot water possibly.

I tried out my idea, and sure enough, it worked. Maybe a little too well, though. This time, stepping into the shower, the water burned my legs as I jumped out of the shower screaming yet again. Only this time, my language got worse, as did Roxine’s laughing fit. I grumbled a few more words before trying to cool the water down, and clean up the flood I’d created all over the floor.

Maybe the 3rd time’s a charm, yeah?

I wondered to myself. Maybe getting in the shower for a 3rd time would be better than the first two. And it was, to a point. I stepped into the warm water, looking up at the shower head. How am I suppose to fit under this?? It looks like it was created for a midget. The showerhead was mounted maybe only five feet from the ground, and I’m taller than five feet, so getting on my knees was the solution I came up with as I washed my makeup off and ran some shampoo through my hair. I decided to make my shower quick, on account I wanted to at least eat dinner before we went to the concert, because who knows what time we’d be coming back to the hotel. As impossible as it was to turn the shower on, it was to turn off as well.

I stepped out, nearly slipping as I did so. I had created yet another flood on the floor; this was getting ridiculous. I set three more towels down on the ground to sop up the water, quickly towel dried ever last droplet of water on me, and wrapped my hair in a towel. I gathered up my excess clothes and jewelry, and walking out to where Roxine was currently doing her makeup.

“Don’t look,” I warned before dropping my towel that was wrapped around me on the ground. She covered her eyes while I put my undergarments on.

“Okay, you’re safe to look now, unless you mind seeing me in my bra and undies!” I joked, as she uncovered her eyes and continued putting her makeup on.

I dug through my bag to find the white Avenged Sevenfold shirt I had bought at Hot Topic a week ago, quickly throwing it over my head. I rummaged around for my pants, and with some difficulty, accomplished putting them on as well. I wrapped a black belt lined with silver studs around my waist, and pulled some socks on my feet. I walked to the mirror across the room from Roxine and began doing my makeup. I grabbed my liquid liner and began drawing dark circles around my eyes, followed by a light coat of black mascara. Next came the compact and liquid foundation I couldn’t live without. I applied it without a problem-I’d learned how to make it so it doesn’t streak or turn my face orange. To add the finishing touch, I brushed a bright pink blush across the apples of my cheeks, and stroked an evening wear eye shadow across my eyelids. I checked for any imperfections in my makeup as I unwrapped the towel off the top of my head, revealing my wet and wavy hair. I ran a brush and some product through my tangled hair to remove the frizz, and continued on to blow dry my hair. As I grabbed the hair dryer and clicked it on, it did nothing.

“ROXINE, COME HELP ME WITH THIS STUPID BLOW DRYER!” I shouted, hearing her walk toward the bathroom. She clicked the on button, and nothing happened yet again. We sat there, messing with it for a good five minutes, when I finally realized how oblivious we were. I grabbed the plug and plugged it into the wall.

“Wooow, that was lame,” she mentioned, walking out of the bathroom to finish watching whatever was on TV.

It didn’t take long for my short hair to dry. Looking at the clock, I realized I still had a while to do something else to my hair. Might as well just straighten it, I’m not feeling too creative right now. I plugged my straightener and waited for it to heat up. Once it finally beeped from heating up, I straightened my hair, only taking me a few minutes. I burned my finger twice, rushing to get my hair done so we could go and eat.

Roxine heard me shut the straightener off, signaling I was finally done getting ready. She came bounding in, camera in hand.

“PICTURE TIME!” she said, embracing me in a hug for our first picture.

After we reviewed the picture, commenting on whether or not we liked it, we took more pictures-one of me almost falling off the counter, one of us sticking our tongues out, and a few others that were pretty comical.

I checked my phone; it was a couple minutes past six. “You ready to go get something to eat? I’m starved,” I asked. Rox didn’t even answer my question, just jumped up, turned off the TV, and went running out the door toward the elevators. I’ve never seen her so excited to take an elevator, I laughed quietly to myself.

She was standing by the elevators, pushing the button a million times over once I finally walked up. It felt like it took forever for the elevators to reach our floor. Once the doors opened, we performed our usual ritual of Roxine grabbing my hand and climbing into the elevator. The nice bellboy was running the elevator again, so we took the express trip down to the bottom floor.

“Where are you ladies headed tonight?” he broke the silence with his question. Roxine actually let go of my hand to start talking to the guy about the concert, gushing over Brian. Rox, I don’t think he care how in love you are with Brian! I thought to myself as she continued babbling on. As the elevator came to a slow stop, Roxine freaked, thinking the elevator broke, and clutched on to me for dear life. The doors slid open to reveal the bottom floor, and she sighed in relief.

“Thanks again for the express elevator ride,” I thanked the bellboy, who gave us both a smile.

“Have a great time at your concert,” he waved, as more people filled the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, comments?

Please and thank you (: