Heart-Shaped Box

Flashing Back..

Nikki... who is she?

Oh well… you cringe when you hear the name… you feel like you’re going to lose your self-control when you hear her voice… why? Are you that shallow to hate her just because he’s going out with Gerard? NO. There’s more than that… so much more than that.

Nikki is your… step-sister. Well, you had a step-sister even when your parents were both alive… how did that happen?... hmmm…

I don’t know if step-sister is the right term,… but anyway,

Your father, your evil father, and your mom had a fight when you were 2 months old. Your father is a bitch. Monster, that’s how you referred to him when you were young. They had a fight about something you still don’t know by now… just then your evil father did something you’ll never forgive… NEVER.

That night of their fight, your dad… (umm you don’t want to call him that)… the monster took you away from your mom, so your poor mom was left alone. He brought you to his home… his home with this pregnant lady. And no, it’s NOT a home for you, you call this place HELL.

All along,… he had a relationship with another girl and your poor mom did not know.

Then just after you turned 3 months old, this pregnant whore gave birth to a girl and they named her… Nicole… “Nikki”…

You grew up in this hell… with your evil father and two whores… but what’s worse is that… you grew up believing your mom died in a car accident, because that’s what your father had told you. You’ve been a miserable child since… you and Nikki did not get along well… in fact, you never got along with each other… and never will.

But just like what they say… what goes around… comes around…

It was Nikki’s eighth birthday that night… so your mom and his big-butt so-called “wife” went to the mall to buy her a gift… even just being left with this young whore was hell to you. She could harm you all she wants, and you could not fight back, you can fight back though, you did that a couple of times, but at the end of the day, you end up in bruises and deep wounds from your own father…

She was pissing you off, but you ignored her. She’s telling you how much she pity you for not receiving a gift on your birthday while she will be receiving plenty of gifts that night…

It’s 8:30 PM on the clock… still… they were not home… the clock continued to tick…. It’s getting late… and there was no phone call from them…

9:15… what the hell? Nikki’s birthday is nearly ending and yet they’re still not home… you did not care though… you did not fucking care.

She was getting worried; she was close to crying… you were just silent as you stared at her with your blank eyes…

“I wish those two people die tonight, hell! What would this girl’s reaction be if they don’t show up tonight?” you thought… but just after thinking about it… you heard a sound that knocked you back from your evil little thoughts…

The doorbell just rang… your heart leaped… you felt like you just heard the sound of a granted wish… (me: ooh)… but “it’s just the doorbell… stupid stupid doorbell, it’s not a fairy or its wand that made the sound… it’s just the doorbell… bullshit” you thought as you went to open the door, assuming it was the evil and the whore.

But… it wasn’t… on your doorstep were several policemen…

And at that very moment… for the very first time… you smiled, well a smile that did not show on your face, but it’s the smile that you felt deep inside you... Your father and the woman just died in a car accident.

That wasn’t all that made that night blissful… as these officers investigated about to whom you and Nikki are to stay with… you discovered the truth which you would not forgive your father for not telling you…

Your mother isn’t dead, all about the car accident and her death was a lie, your mother is alive,…

With you there isn’t any problem anymore, you’re going to live with your mom. And with Nikki there is… hours and hours they investigated to whom she would end up living with… and their decision wasn’t a good idea.

You don’t know why she has to stay with you and your mom for 3 years… but during that time she didn’t bother you,… although you hated her presence… you’re better off like this. Besides, you and your mom completely ignored Nikki, you just provided her her needs and she’s alright, you don’t have to deal with her most of the time.

Now… in those 3 years of living together… you and Nikki met Gerard and Mikey. The four of you went to the same school when you were in elementary. That means those two guys were the first people you made friends with. You became friends with Gerard and Mikey, but Nikki was only able to make friends with Gerard because Mikey did not like her.

And when the perfect time came… Nikki has to move to where she really belongs… to her grandmother.

So you spent the next two years without her at home… and at school. She has to transfer school since her grandma’s house is far from your school. And during those years without her…, you, Gerard and Mikey met Frank, Ray, and Matt. Then everything went perfect…

Then just last year… that whore Nikki came back to your school… you , Gerard and Mikey were shocked at her come-back, and yeah… what you hate the most is that Gerard and her were friends again.

She wasn’t in your group of friends though, since you and the others except Gerard don’t like her, it helped actually… just knowing she isn’t always there to ruin your life… but were you right about that? Umm clearly… nope…