Vampires, Love, Never Thought They Would Mix

Katie's Point of View

~Katie's POV~
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
“WHAT THE FUDGE!”
I look at my alarm that is annoyingly going off, reading 8:30am. Slapping it hard, hoping it’s broken; I slowly get out of bed and head for the bathroom to freshen up.
Looking at myself in the mirror of the bathroom, taking in how much of a mess I really am, it dawns on me
“AIDEN IS GONE ALREADY!!”
Now I am guaranteed to have a bad day. She was my Best Friend and now she is gone.
I think I need a walk.
While changing out of my clothes that I slept in, I keep wondering what I am going to do with myself now that she is gone. Aiden was my go-to girl when it came to…well EVERYTHING!
Leaving my room, I sneak out the front door, recognizing that mother is asleep on the couch. When I say asleep, I mean, not waking up anytime soon.
Finally outside, I begin my journey for some fresh air. Walking down the sidewalk, the wind in my face, sun shining directly on me, I pass Aiden’s house, well old house.
The white garage door is wide open, revealing the emptiness of the home. All the windows’ blinds are down, which is unusual because when Aiden was there, they always opened them to let natural light. Even from here on the sidewalk, at least 15 feet away, I can sense Aiden’s absence.
I need to get away from here. She has only been gone for almost 5 hours, yet I feel so alone now. I guess the knowledge that she is not there and won’t be there is what is killing me.
I continue walking. Faster. Faster. Faster. Finally I get to a point where I am running. The wind has picked up speed and then BAM!
I stop. A noise. Listen.
I slowly turn my head around, looking for the source of the bang that not only interrupted my little break down, but also freaked me out.
In between two houses across the street, there is a small street that leads to the park. Being the curious person I am, I just HAVE to investigate. Walking towards the small street I hear a boom noise from where I was before. I stop. I listen.
Now this new noise, it was not a bang like the previous, but more on the lines of a kick against a neighboring trashcan. This new noise seems more intriguing because, unlike the BAM, it sounds intentional.
Looking at my little Mickey Mouse watch that I never leave anywhere without, I notice that time has flown. It’s now 10am. So an hour has passed since I left the house; time to work my way back.
Turning around to head towards my house, I realize that my little “break-down” with the running and all really got me a good distance. Looks like I’ve got a hike back.
On the way back home, I keep on getting the feeling I am being watched. I don’t know why, but I feel as if someone is drilling holes into the back of my head with their eyes. Being that it is morning and I am kind of tired, I am just going to plow it off as paranoia since I had already heard noises earlier.
I make it home. Walk through the door, head to my room. Lay down and accidently fall asleep.
Who would have known though, that my instincts were right, I was not alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry guys I have not updated! its crazy how busy I have been and now, that I feel like an insomniac, I have time. (: