I've Got You Where I Want You

"Can't a person call just to say hello?"

Harlow climbed in bed at twelve and stared at herself at the large mirror on the wall opposite of the bed. Her hair didn't actually look that bad, it was just going to take some time to get used to.

She always was a blonde or a strawberry blonde, never darker than that. She wasn't risky or edgy at all, especially about her appearance. She liked consistancy in her life, but that was all changing because she lost her purse at a concert. Harlow was regretting her birthday present a little more every day.

Just as she laid down and was about to shut the lamp light off on her nightstand the telephone rang. She sighed and picked up the handset resting on the same nightstand. "Hello?"

"Hey babe." She heard the voice that made her so angry say casually. "How's it goin'?"

"Alex, first off, I'm not your babe, and second, why are you calling me at midnight?" She asked.

"Can't a person call just to say hello?"

She wrinkled her brow. "No! Not when you're controlling my life!"

"Over the hair yet?" He laughed.

"No." She replied coldly.

"Well, I got you an appointment with doctor Hansen at two tomorrow for that little foaming issue you have, right after shopping with Brittany and before the first wedding rehersal."

Harlow's eyes widened. "You didn't!"

"I didn't." He laughed. "I got you!"

"That's not funny."

"Yes it is." He fixed his hair in his reflection of the spoon in his hand. "What are you doing right now? I'm eating cereal. Honey Nut Cheerios to be exact."

"Well, I was going to bed."

"Who goes to bed at twelve?" He asked before scooping a spoonful of milk and cereal into his mouth.

"People who have to be happy all day at work tomorrow." She replied.

"What's your job anyway?"

"I work for a celebration planning company. Wait, why am I telling you this? I should be going to bed." She asked herself more than him.

"Then go to bed. Be a party pooper." He shrugged. "I don't care."

Harlow raised her eyebrows. "Okay. If you don't care, then I'm going to go."

"Fine. Night babe."

"I'm not your babe." She snapped. He chuckled and hung up. She hit the end button and sighed. "You have a problem with hanging up on people." She muttered to the phone like Alex could hear her as she shut the light off.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh, it's a filler and kinda short, but I wanted Alex and Harlow to have one-on-one conversation time. The next chapter is better, promise. I'll put it up soon. Thanks for the comments! I like the one that said "I'd punch somebody in the face" That one made me laugh.

Keep commenting/subscribing!!! -Autumn P.S.: The more comments I get, the faster I'll put up the next chapter