Ace + Thorn = Love = Impossible

Chapter 9 - Sasha

When you watch a movie and the guy tells the girl he has feelings for her, all the girls in the audience cry. The guys oh so smoothly wrap their arms around the shoulders, and caress the girl’s face while pretending to be interested. If the girl thinks he's interested in the movie she's wrong and he's a good pretender. Meanwhile, the girl in the movie smiles and kisses the guy while saying she’s going to leave her current boyfriend. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I've been to enough to know EXACTLY how it works.

And my friend, Thorns a sucker for those movies; so when I tell her I have feelings for her, I expect exactly what happens in the movies. Yeah well I am WRONG. Her eyes watered and she began to laugh hysterically.

“God Ace!” she screamed. She got out the car so quick even I couldn't have stopped her. She ran into the house laughing. I in my confused state get out and lean against the car. Her mother and about half the neighborhood comes outside to figure out why is Thorn so loud. Her mom takes one look at me then to Thorn and goes inside. The events just get weirder.

Off in the distance I hear thunder rumbling and it begins to pour heavil. “Great! Why don't you throw some lightning on top of that too?” I yell. My mom hasn’t even come outside yet… which is kind of frightening. I hear laughing somewhere and I look at the dining room window, to see Thorn talking to her mom and my mom. Thorn is shaking which means she's angry. Why is she angry? What is it with girls that make them so frustrating? My mom looks at me from behind the dining room window with a look I cant figure out. “I quit” is all I can mouth to her and she frowns depressed.

I already soaking wet, lie on the ground and hope that lightning will strike me.

Birds are chirping and the sunshine is beaming through my window. I’m wearing pajama pants and no shirt. I walk by the mirror and stop to grin at my six pack. I tighten my muscles to make them bigger with a smirk on my face that keeps getting bigger.

“God Ace” her voice screaming through my head, for some reason makes me dizzy. I look around and I don't see her. I remember last night and then I recognize the face my mom gave me. Disappointment. Suddenly I'm the bad guy. I open the double French doors to step onto my balcony. Thorns window is covered with a heavy curtain and a note flutters in the wind. Its hanging off her balcony. I reach for it and still cant reach it. Climbing over the balcony’s wall, I’ve got one foot on either side of the balcony.

“Jesus Christ” I sneer while still attempting to get the note. My fingers are oh so close. I swing my leg over the balcony’s wall and I'm back on the balcony glaring at the note which is probably mocking me. I kick the garden hose piled up in a circle so nicely, and stub my toe on the floor. “oh come on! You know what. Screw it. I'm getting that note” I declare egotistically. I climb over the thing again and reach further than I did before. “Just a little more” I mutter as sweat begins to bubble up on my forehead. I hear my foot slide and I fall over the balcony… with the note in my hand. Great, I'm going to die over a note. Right as I'm about to hit the ground, I hear something drag and click on the balcony and I look up to see my foot is wrapped around by the garden hose. The garden hose’s spray nozzle is stuck between two bars that make up the balcony’s wall. So hear I am hanging by a garden hose. My body (upside down by the way) is spinning a little like a wind chime. I look around and I can see into my dining room. My mom is too busy serving herself coffee to notice that her son has turned into a windchime. She sips at her coffee right in front of the dining room window. “Wait for it” I say as my head begins to throb. She looks up and sees me… and screams. “Hi mom!” I yell waving and she drops her coffee mug still screaming.

Somewhere I hear a door open and close. Theresa screams when she sees me. My body somehow spins around and I'm looking at her. “Hey Theresa. What's up?” she looking me up to down or down to up, I'm not sure which is right right now. She looks at the garden hose and snickers.

“Why is the only thing I can think of” Theresa says and I hand her the note. She reads it and shakes her head looking at both sides. She flips it upside down so I can read it. Idiot. She flips it to the other side. Leave me and my relationship alone. Stop messing with my mind.

“Oh. Well can you get me down” I ask and my mother is now behind me with a pair of scissors. She cuts the garden hose and I fall stupidly. I land on my head and shoulders. “Ow!” I yell rubbing my head.

“Sorry” my mom mutters. “But Ace, how could you be so stupid? Reaching for a note?” my mom yells.

“People do crazy things when theyre in love” Theresa says.

“There's no such thing as love. There is just infatuation and stupidity” I sneer rubbing my shoulders. “And when it comes to me? Fun” I smirk winking at Theresa. My mom smacked me on the head with the scisssors.

“Little man child” Theresa says. “Either that or a male dog always in heat” she says and wraps an arm around my neck.

“Love you too” I mutter sarcastically.

“There's no such thing as love” she quotes. I roll my eyes and look at my watch. “Got a date Ace?”

“Not a date” I say as I run into the house to get dressed for my “quality time” with Sasha. I pick up a pair of dark jeans and a white polo shirt. Grabbing a dark brown jacket I run out of the house and hop into my car, speeding off.

Speeding down Maryland Street, and down 23rd avenue, I arrive into a neighborhood which seems like its own town. Looking around for 12032 Candy apple Lane, I get a text.

Sasha: Where r u?!? Ur late and taking forever.

Received at: 2:01 p.m.

I was supposed to arrive at 2. I hate the whiny ones… at least Sasha has the looks that makes up for it. I’ll be nice and respond.

I'm right around the corner. I got into a fight with a garden hose this morning.

She wont believe me. But the sad part is I am telling the truth. I look around and see that two houses down at a faded lime green house is her house. I speed up and turn into her driveway quickly.

I get out and hear a crashing noise from the inside of it. Two seconds later she opens the door. “Hey Ace how are you” she asks with her words slurring. She's holding a bottle of vodka in one hand and all I can do is groan.

She's drunk and probably high. She was wearing her cheerleading outfit and her bright blonde hair with auburn highlights was in a high ponytail. I was getting ready to kiss her but then her face like morphed before my eyes and it turned into Thorns face… and what did I do? I screamed and jumped like 3 feet backwards.

I looked at her again and it was Sasha’s face staring at me. She began to drag me towards a room until she turned around with the face of Thorn.

“Ace” she slurred smiling at me. I screamed and ran back towards the living room. “What is your problem Ace?” she screamed as I walked backwards towards the couch and sat down. Thorn’s face glaring at me made my eyes want to fly out my head. “Oh we are playing games? I can play games Ace” she snickered and tried to jump on me. I tried to do a back flip so that way I could get off the back of the couch. That didn't work as I expected. I went to do a backflip and my feet went backwards, one of which kicked Sasha in the middle of her face. Her nose was bleeding and I was on the other side of the couch scared of who else Sasha would turn into. “Get out! Get out! Get out!” she screamed. I ran towards the door and opened it as fast as I could. “Ace come here real quick” she said and I opened the door as fast as I could only to hit her in the face with the door.

“I'm so sorry!” I apologized as she clutched the side of her face.

“Get out!” she screamed and I ran back to my car. I drove as fast as I could home and when I finally arrived home… I just sat in the driveway panting. My mom came outside and leaned against the window frame peering in.

“So howd it go” she asked.

“I uh, was kicked out” I muttered.

“Why?” she gave a shocked face.

“Well I accidentally kicked her in the face then I opened the door and smacked her in the face with it super hard” I said.

My mom smiled for about half a second, turned around and went back towards the house, singing a song to make her not laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave comments!!!!