Ace + Thorn = Love = Impossible

Chapter 5 - Celebration

She bobbed in the lake waiting for me. She was smiling away knowing as much as I did that we didn’t care about anything right now. I ran and jumped into the lake forming a cannonball while in the air. All of the water landed on her in a miniature tidal wave. She spit out some of the water. “Gee Ace my mouth was open” she laughed.

“Complain much Thorn?” I asked. She rolled her eyes and I heard a noise behind me. “You invited the girls?” I groaned seeing the silver SUV drive up. “Great”

“Complain much Ace?” she asked and I glared at her. The SUV stopped and the EVIL FOUR got out.

Rachael Simmons a girl with caramel skin. She was half Brazilian and half Spanish. She had springs for hair. They were made of curls that couldn’t wrap around my pinky because they were so small. She had brown hair the color of coconuts. She loved the color pink and to wear short shorts. She had bright green eyes. She kicked my butt at basketball… one of the many things that made me attracted to her.

Kristy Johnson… had as much air in her head as a balloon did. She always wore an outfit that looked like she going to visit a senator after school. This was the first time I've seen her wear jeans. She had bleach blonde hair and had pale skin. She had freckles the color of my skin tone. The only reason why she was rich was because her dad was a governor in China.

Zoë Miller… my favorite girl when it came to hooking up; I always broke my number 2 rule. Never get with the same girl twice. She was the exception because I enjoyed her. She had red hair and not a single freckle on her face. She loved to wear black nail polish and she loved the colors red and black. She hooked up with a guy every week; of course me being one of them.

Sierra Kari; the girl who could resist me from a mile away; however she was the girl who I could say she was almost like a best friend. If I hid something from Thorn Sierra would be the one to know. She had dirty blonde hair with thick black streaks. She had braces. She was smart and fun to be around. The only problem with her was she had a big mouth. She usually was the one to go with me to parties, since Thorn wasn’t into that and Sierra was.

I grabbed the pier and pushed myself up. “Rachael baby” I grinned walking her way. “You know you can’t resist my charm” I told.

“No pretty boy. I've heard about you. I'm not a fool” she grabs my chin and gets me to look her in the face as she inspects it. “I don’t even see what the big deal is anyways honey” she smiled. I laughed then pushed her into the lake.

“Kristy?” I asked seeing if she was interested.

“People who with looks like mine don’t mess with people with faces like yours” she sneered. Oh and by the way she hates me. Mainly because she found out about my rules after we hooked up. So I pushed her into the lake too.

“Honey you got that from ‘She’s the man’. Thorn made me watch that movie” I glared at Thorn who was busy smiling.

“Oh baby, aren’t you looking good?” Sierra asked and I smiled. She walked towards me and I smiled accomplished.

“I knew one day you wouldn’t be able to resist my looks. It was just a matter of time” I grinned.

“Don’t you know it” she said and pushed me into the lake. I swam up and bobbed at the surface.

“Alright no more pushing people into the lake” I yelled spitting out water. All of the girls laughed. Zoë came up behind me and turned me towards her. She kissed me and smiled swimming off. “Well hello Zoë” I grinned swimming off after her. Thorn pushed me away from her.

“Hey dude! Why didn’t you tell me you brought the girls” I heard a voice behind me. I looked up to see Markus Wills, the quarter back at high school.

I turned to smile at a frowning Thorn. “By the way I invited the guys” I grinned and she glared at me.

Markus Wills, he was the guy version of Kristy; but at least I could stand him. He had hair the color of cardboard and pale skin. He was built and that was one of the many things that made him so attracted by all the girls. Of which he only liked Rachael and Rachael liked him but neither of which would admit that to each other.

Aaron First, a guy who is on the baseball team was the guy version of Zoë. He messed with a new girl every day. He had blonde hair that he let hang over his face. He wasn’t built but his legs were strong and could out run me even if I had an energy drink.

Abdu Mashuken was a boy who moved here to America two years ago from India. He was the funniest guy I've ever met. He always made me laugh. He is really shy and has never been out with a girl because his pickup lines suck and because he's so shy.

Nero Lincoln, the guy with the weirdest name and who looks like Lincoln. He's extremely tall (even I have to look up at him), he has black hair and cuts his hair to fit his name. He has blue eyes and always smiling. We call him the incarnation of Lincoln because he likes plays and doesn’t tell lies. He is dedicated to one girl, Dakota Lakes. She is a girl I would kill to be with. But they love each other and act like they are married (however they are engaged); and I respect him for that… the dedication to one girl, though I could never do that.

“Okay so we were at a party and Abdu over here sees this beautiful Indian girl” Aaron begins.

“Oh not this story again… I've heard it enough times. Please let it go” Abdu interrupted groaning embarrassed.

“No way... so he tries to pick her up right. So he walks over and he looks at her and goes ‘What are you doing’ and he winks at her” Aaron laughs. “She walks away because she’s creeped out and he's so embarrassed he watches the T.V. in the middle of the party. Two seconds later he walks back up to the girl and says ‘How you doing’ and tries to wink but it looks like he had a twitch. She walks off again and she leaves the party” he laughs and I can’t help but laugh.

They describe her and I recognize her. So I get out my phone and dial the number. In front of everyone I spoke to her and actually got him the date.

“See problem solved” I declare. Abdu smiles this nervous smile like his stomach dropped so far down it fell in the water.

Sierra comes up to me and whispers in my ear “what about your problem”. Two hours later the party ended and on the way home I receive a text message. You never answered my question.

‘What about your problem’ I remember and as I look around seeing Thorn asleep in the passenger seat and the picture of us on my stereo, I can’t think of the problem.