Ace + Thorn = Love = Impossible

Chapter 7 - D. C.

“Thorn sit next to me” I pleaded and she pointed at Ewgene. I begged a girl to sit next to me before IT saw me. Everyone already had a seat partner. She saw me… Ewgene’s sister. Inside I screamed. She came closer like a lion after a gazelle. She was now staring down at me smiling in absolute fascination.

“Inside or outside?” she asked smiling at me. I wanted to cry; she scared me. I imagined me sitting on the outside having her to squeeze in between this seat and the seat in front of me… I ran towards the only bathroom and threw up. I decided on the inside. She sat down quickly and moved a hair away from my ear so she could whisper in my ear, “I can’t wait for our date”. The girl in front of me turned around and looked at her then at me and burst into laughter. I closed my eyes and imagined IT was someone else. I mouthed the word ‘please’ to Thorn. She smiled and mouthed back ‘No. You deserve this’ and I pounded my head against the window. I was about to mouth something back to Thorn but IT stopped me. “No more. You're mine now” she whispered and chills went down my back. Did I forget to mention the ride to D.C. in this charter bus was a 12 hour ride? Yep… 12 hours with IT saying I was their property and no one was going to take me from her.

Two hours went by like water dripping off a sink; very, very slowly. When we reached a rest stop, I was desperate to get off. So desperate to get off when people didn’t move I climbed over the seats to escape from Ursula, the sea witch in Disney’s movie and the same one in my seat smelling my chair. I shuddered turning my back on the horrid sight. I got off the bus and somehow she was right behind me breathing heavily almost drooling. I ran to Abdu and shook him.

“What is it my friend?” he asked with his heavy Indian accent. I pointed at Ursula. “Would you like me to talk to her for you” he asked “I am very, very good in this field right now”

“NO ABDU!” I screamed and many people turned. “I will pay you 50 bucks to switch seats with me. You don’t know how much I don’t want to sit next to her” I pleaded shaking him like a rag doll.

“I'm sorry but I'm sitting with the girl you hooked me up with” he said. I bowed my head exasperated.

“Exactly you owe me!” I said.

“Well that is true. Ill do it as long as you don’t flirt with her” he thought and I agreed.

“That would be breaking my rule number 7…” I began.

“Never mess with a girl that has been or is a friend’s girl” he interrupted quoting me. I nodded. “I am not going to have you pay me… You are welcome and we are even” he said and I fell backwards into the grass relieved.

We got back on the bus and I sat next to Duca Bahemian, Abdu’s almost girlfriend. I turned around to Abdu looking ahead with his eyes wide open terrified. I snickered until I saw her blowing kisses at me; I turned around quickly to avoid throwing up.

I fell asleep until when we arrived at the hotel. “Okay there’s one group of guys who are going to have 6 to a room” a teacher said. They went through the list and finally reached group 10. “First, Aaron; Lincoln, Nero; Mashuken, Abdu; Summers, Ace; and Wills, Markus; and Callaway, Eugene” he called. I'm in the same room as Eugene? Somebody shoot me; bad enough his sister stalks me.

We got to our room on the 9th floor and all four of my friends already have had enough of him. He didn’t shut up the entire time from unpacking and on the elevator. “We are going to have a ripping time right mates?” he asked.

“We got it! We going to a have a flipping ripping time” Markus snapped. “We heard you the third time you said it”.

“I said it before? I apologize. I'm just so excited” he told and I pounded my head against the wall. “Hey aren’t you Thorns friend?” he asked and I turned to glare at him. “Golly gee it is the Ace she talks about so much”

I was about to attack him but all four of my friends pushed me back into the room. “You don’t wanna do that” someone said and I shook myself off. We put down our stuff and raced off before Eugene came after us to talk about the ‘good old days’ when he used to play cricket all day and long. Dinner went by quickly then we prepared to visit the Lincoln memorial where Nero was the butt of our jokes.

“Sit on the foot on the steps so we can take a picture” I said and he did what I said. I took Nero’s picture. “There I got a picture of Lincoln’s memorial” I grinned laughing. As I looked at ‘Lincoln’s memorial’ I saw something in the background. I pressed the zoom button on th4 picture. I saw Thorn and Eugene holding hands. Instead of throwing up, I walked off and threw the camera at Nero. He gave the camera back to Abdu. Five seconds later Sierra was by my side.

“Abdu showed me the picture… which shows me you haven’t solved your problem” she muttered shivering. I removed my jacket and put it on her shoulders. She leaned against me and I looked at the Washington Monument.

“And what exactly would that be” I asked and she pulled me down against the grass. We laid down and watched as the stars pass by.

“You and Thorn… I saw the picture and I saw the way you reacted. I saw the way you reacted at the lake when you saw you weren’t alone with her. You know you're human and humans have feelings. Your problem is you won’t admit you have them” she said and I groaned. “I know it breaks your rules but still… it’s not healthy to hold something in and I used to tell Thorn that all the time” she continued. Before I could ask she kissed me.

“Sierra… what, what are you doing” she leaned back to her original position and acted like that didn’t happened.

“Admitting I'm human… I have feelings for you and unlike you I actually say them out loud. Something inside me snapped and I began to make out with her, and with that we walked back to the memorial holding hands.

The people wouldn’t stop whispering at Sierra and I holding hands. The girl in front of us turned around and looked at us. “Does this mean you two are going out?” she asked and I smiled.

“We are so not going out” Sierra smiled and kissed me barely on the lips. I kissed her hand entangled in mine and looked at the girl.

“Nope we are so not” I smiled. Okay so we were… but admitting it would break my rule. Somehow Sierra respected me and my rules all at once.

The next few days passed by quickly mainly because we spent our time together and she avoided being around Thorn. I didn’t notice I hadn’t seen Thorn until she pulled me into a closet at the hotel before I saw Sierra.

“What's going on between you and Sierra?” she asked.

“What's going on between you and Eugene?” I snapped; I didn’t know why it was any of Thorns business.

“It seems like something is going on between you and Sierra” she said simply.

“Same for you and Eugene!” I snapped back now frustrated.

“I'm not going to let you hurt my friend Sierra because you’re bored” she sneered. I laughed at this.

“Or what? You’ll send cricket boy and the thing after me?” I asked getting in her face now angry.

“I might” she sneered with hatred in her eyes as she got closer in my face. I laughed frustrated at her.

“You know what, screw you. You’re wasting my time on things that is none of your business. Stay out of it” I snapped. I walked out and slammed the door in her face on my way down to meet Sierra.