Status: Complete

Black Keys

Claire's POV

Mum you can let go now.” I said after twenty minutes of being squished by my mother.

“I’m sorry, it’s just my baby is off to tour the world.” As my mum said that tears began to fall from both our eyes.

“Im going to miss you mum.” I sobbed

“Call every night, don’t forget to come and visit when you’re near by.” My mum said glancing at our next door neighbors Lauren and Cher along with Lauren’s siblings.

Lauren and I had known each other most of our lives, living next door to each other was awesome because we could have sleep over’s in our tents in our gardens when we were younger. Now we were a duet band, our song “This is how it feels” reached number 5 in the UK charts and number 3 in the US charts.

Our goodbyes were interrupted by a car horn. I glanced over and it was Simon our new manager. I quickly hugged Lauren’s younger siblings before saying a last goodbye to my mum. We put our suitcases in the boot of Simon’s car and got in.

“My superstars, we have one tiny problem.” Simon’s voice was shaky I looked at Lauren who returned my confused expression.

“What might that be?” Lauren asked taking the lead of this situation.

Even though we both take turns being lead in the songs, Lauren is the one that got us to where we are today without her I would have never learnt how to play the piano and we wouldn’t have been playing in that club when Simon spotted us.

“Funding is a bit low, so we had to cancel your tour bus but not to worry you get to share with another Hollywood Records band. You will be supporting them for the whole tour not just the one leg like we had planned.”

I shrugged my shoulders not really caring about the change in arrangement as long as we perform I will be happy. Lauren however wanted to know more details.

“You never got round to telling us who we were touring with….” Lauren began.

“It’s a surprise, you will find out when we get there.” Simon was enjoying this.

Lauren rolled her eyes and flicked her blonde and brown hair over her shoulder. She got out her iPod and plugged it into her eyes, while smiling at me.

I had just sat there in silence, listening to the faint sound of Lauren’s music too shocked to move. We were really going on tour with a big Hollywood Records band.

When Simon pulled up, Lauren and I escaped from the heat of the car, and got our suitcases. We were at the airport, because the tour was starting in America we had to fly over from England so the tour could begin.

Simon led us into the airport and went straight up to the check in desk, and was talking to the lady. She glanced at us briefly before handing Simon the tickets and leading us in through a door round the back of the desk.
I grabbed Lauren’s hand; I always got nervous when flying. She squeezed mine in return and smiled at me.

Once seated on the aircraft I got my notepad out and Lauren and I noted down all the artists Hollywood records represented.

Vanessa Hudgens, Jesse McCartney, Hillary Duff, Plain White T’s, Aly and Aj, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers or Demi Lovato and more.

We knew Vanessa Hudgens, Hillary Duff, Demi Lovato and The Plain White T’s were not touring. Meaning that left Jesse McCartney, Aly and Aj, Miley Cyrus and The Jonas Brothers.

Lauren fell asleep soon after while Simon was on his phone and I was listening to music. The Airhostess came round with food and drinks half way through the flight. Simon said I could have anything I wanted. So I asked for a can of Redbull and a packet of crisps, earning an odd look from Simon.

I was sat by the window because Lauren and I both knew she would fall asleep during the flight she always did. I look out the window while day dreaming about what it was like to be famous.

I just kept praying we were touring with Jesse McCartney because he is hot, or Aly and Aj because they are a duet act as well, so we could get a few tips from them.

Please will all passengers put there safety belts on we will be landing shortly.

I shook Lauren awake and buckled up for the landing.
***
When we had landed, Simon hailed us a cab and told it to go to “Hollywood Records Headquarters.”

Lauren and I were discussing which musician or musicians we would be touring with. The cab stopped and we collected our luggage. Simon led us across a huge car park, towards a huge bus. I started getting excited and started squealing a little. Lauren gave me a warning look, she knew how my squealing moments ended.

“As long as it isn’t the Jonas Brothers we will be fun we can still have fun.” Lauren said and I nodded in agreement.

“What makes you think The Jonas Brothers aren’t fun?” Simon asked defensively.

“Well you know, Psshh you know.” I tried to make my point but failed.

“Im starting to think you are very strange, first your choice of food on the flight and now I find out you are quick to judge people.”

I explained to Lauren what Simon was on about as we continued our walk towards the bus.

“Right girls, welcome to your home for the next year, im sorry the band is currently on there way here they shouldn’t be that long.” He said before leaving us alone on the bus.

Lauren and I ran straight to the bunks, there were six bunks three on each wall. Lauren dumped her stuff on the top bunk before climbing up. I chose the bottom bunk on the other side, so we could communicate with each other without the other band knowing.

I saw Lauren had already started putting up pictures and unpacking her stuff so I unpacked my stuff as well. We had just finished unpacking when the tour bus door burst open and we heard four pairs of feet running towards the bunks.

“Im getting top, don’t you dare steal it!” I heard a boy say before seeing three boys run into the room.

“Uh, Who are you?” Kevin asked.

“We are your support band Forever True, and we have already chosen our bunks.” Lauren poked her head out from behind her curtain.

I sat on my bunk, so none of them could steal it. Joe dumped his stuff on the bunk below Lauren, before looking at me as if he was reading my thoughts it was kind of creepy.

“Why are you staring at me?” I snapped once the rest of the band chose their bunks.

“Trying to make you fell uncomfortable so you and your sister can leave.” Joe said bluntly with no emotion.

“We are not sisters; we are best friends’ brain box.” I couldn’t help but use my sarcasm.

“What so you two are not related in any way?” Kevin joined in from the top bunk above mine.

“Nope, we have known each other practically our whole lives so I guess you called say we have a bond.” Lauren explained.

“Where’s Nick?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Gone to meet Jordan probably, she is Nick’s girlfriend works in Hollywood Records as a publicist person.” Joe replied looking un-interested in Jordan’s job title.

“She is really hyper like twenty four/seven, so beware if she sleeps next to you, you may have to gag her.” Kevin continued laughing.

Lauren suppressed a giggle earning a glare from me. Why was she being friendly to the jerk’s brother? Lauren coughed a little to cover up her laugh and gave me a apologetic look.

“O-M-G you guys, this bus is bigger and better than your last one.” Came the loud voice of I was guessing Jordan.

She ran into the bunk area and dumped her stuff down on the bunk opposite me.

“Hello I’m Jordan, how awesome is this tour bus.” Jordan shook my hand fast then shook Lauren’s.

She even shook Kevin and Joe’s out of pure hyperness.

“How much Redbull have you had today Jordan?” Kevin asked a little concerned.

“Only about 1-2-3-4-5-6 six cans!.” Jordan fell on her bunk in a fit of giggles.

Nick had just arrived in the bunk area, dumping his stuff down on the only free bunk he sat next to Jordan.

“She ran all the way from the gates to the bus and wouldn’t stop.” Nick explained why he was out of breath.

“I’m sorry; I was just well you know.” Jordan started.

“Hyper?” Joe finished for her.

“it’s okay im glad you could come on tour with us this time, last time was no fun.” Nick said.

After we got to know each other a little better, and Lauren rolling her eyes every time Kevin spoke the boys decided to go practice their songs at the back of the bus while Jordan, Lauren and I went into the living area.

“So how long have you two been an act?” Jordan asked.

“Well we have been a band for a little over three years but our big brake was a couple of months ago when Simon signed us.” Lauren explained.

“So how long have you and Nick been dating?” Claire couldn’t help herself she loved all the romantic stuff.

“Just a little over a year now, their not always jerks you know.” Jordan hinted.

“Who?” I asked oblivious.

“Kevin and Joe, I think they just hoped they would get Demi Lovato again.” Jordan explained.

“Oh, well we were supposed to have our own tour bus, but I think Simon said something about low funds.” Lauren said.

“I’m sure they will warm up to you eventuality I mean you two are really cool.” Jordan smiled.

“Thanks your cool too!” I said and threw my arms around her feeling like we had known each other ages. Lauren joined the hug laughing.

Just then the boys came of the recording studio just as there was a knock on the door.

“Hi everybody im your bus driver sorry for the delay, my name is Bob feel free to ask if you want to stop I will try my best and keep you kids happy. Shall we get this tour on the road?” Bob spoke with enthusiasm in his voice.

“Yes!” We all shouted together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a new story me and lauren decided to write,
it will get intresting in the next few chapters we promise
comment? suscribe it would make us happy x