Status: Complete

Black Keys

Lauren's POV

After finishing our act, Jordan, Claire and I announced we had a new song.

“So we have been working really hard trying to make this song sound perfect. Give it up for the Jonas Brothers.” I said, into the microphone I was clutching.

Nick ran straight over to Jordan, giving her a passionate kiss. He does this before, after and sometimes even during the middle of our shows.

Nick leant over Jordan and started playing the first notes to our duet song with the boys. It was our cover of the song, ‘Ill stand by you.’ Kevin came and stood by me, grabbing his guitar and getting ready to begin to play. Joe walked over to Claire and stood there at the front of the stage with her.

“Are you ready China?” Joe screamed into the microphone, causing the girls in the audience to scream back.

Oh,
Why you look so sad?
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Joe sang, looking at the crowd.

Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
'Cause I've seen the dark side too
Kevin and I sang together, causing the crowd to scream in shock at our dueting.

When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me you love you less
Nick and Jordan sang together next.

I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
. the six of us sang together, while Joe faced Claire.

So if you're mad, get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Claire sang.

Hey, what you got to hide?
I get angry too
Well I'm a lot like you
Joe sang again, touching Claire’s face.

When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
'Cause even if you're wrong
Kevin and I sang again.

Claire suddenly moved away from Joe, causing a few mutters from the crowd before they went back to screaming.

I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
We all sang again. Claire made her way over to me and Kevin while Joe walked to Nick and Jordan.

We finished the song and stayed where we were, all of us looking out into the crowd. We thanked the audience before Jordan, Claire and I ran off of the stage.

“I was just about to come up to you and push you off the stage, to stop you two from undressing each other with your eyes when you tuned and walked towards me.” I said once we were off of the stage.

“We were not undressing each other with our eyes god, who do you think we are! I hope nobody noticed that though. I don’t want to lie anymore though.” Claire pouted at me.

“I know exactly how you feel, there were times when I thought sod this I’m just going to scream how much I love Nick before one of their concerts but I knew if I did they would be in trouble with their executives.” Jordan said.

“Well anyway I’m going to go have a shower, ill see you two on the bus later.” I said, hugging my friends before running back to the bus.

when I reached the bus, I realised that I had left my phone back at the venue. Cursing under my breath, I paced around the living area of the bus. Knowing my luck, I would get a text from Luke. See, the past month or so, Luke and I have been texting each other. It started off with Luke texting me telling me he wanted me back and he missed me. I didn’t believe him to start off with, it annoyed me to think that he could basically lie to me about it. But after a while, I started to think maybe he really cared about me and seeming as Kevin obviously doesn’t care, I gave up and decided to text him. we arranged that we should meet up, maybe I could figure out if he liked me or not once I had seen him.

as I slumped down against the wall in the bunk area, I heard the door burst open and someone running. I grumbled before putting my head in my knees, trying not to see the person who had came onto the bus.

“Lauren?” Kevin called from the living area.

“Crap.” I grumbled, he had obviously seen the text.

“There you are.” Kevin panted sitting next to me.

“Yup, here I am.” I mumbled against my knees.

“Lauren, I saw the texts. Please don’t go back to him.” Kevin almost begged.

“Why? It’s not like anyone else cares enough.” I sighed, not once moving my head from my knees.

“Yes there is.” Kevin said, his hand touching my arm gently.

“Who?” I snapped.

“Me, Lauren I love you.” Kevin said sheepishly.

“Uhm, I have to, uh, go.” I said, jumping up and running off of the bus.

“Wait.” Kevin called after me, I didn’t stop, and I just ran from the bus.

Once I was outside, I slumped down onto the floor, my back against the wall of the venue. Thoughts ran through my head as I tried to figure out what was happening. Kevin had just told me he loved me, was he telling the truth or just trying to stop me going back to Luke? I needed to go, that’s all I knew. Deciding on the best thing being me leaving tour, I stood slowly and went back to the bus, dodging the few fans still outside of the venue.

I walked onto the bus to see Joe, Claire, Jordan and Nick all sat together on the sofa, but not Kevin. I didn’t realise until Claire spoke that I had been crying.

“Lauren are you ok?” Her worried tone broke my heart.

“No.” I said as I walked into the bunk area and grabbed my suitcase and bag.

“What’s going on?” Claire asked as she saw me beginning to pack my bags.

“Im going home, it’s for the best.” I mumbled, shoving my things into bags.

“No you’re not. You need to stay Lauren, Forever True needs you. I need you.” Claire said as she attempted to stop me filling my suitcase.

“You’ll be fine. I really need to leave, just trust me Claire.” I said, moving her hands out of the way to carry on packing.

“Joe, get Kevin now.” Claire called into the living area, still trying to stop me.

“Kevin’s not going to help.” I mumbled.

“Yes he will.” Claire said determined.

“No, believe me he wont.” I said, closing my suitcase and beginning to pile little things into my oversized bag.

“Please Lauren.” Claire almost begged.

“No Claire, im sorry.” I said, grabbing my things and beginning to walk out.

I was stopped my Joe’s tall figure blocking the door.

“He said he can’t come. He needs to do what he’s doing. Wait, Lauren where are you going?” Joe said confused.

“Im going home. Bye.” I said, nodding and walking past him.

“What?” Joe said confused.

I walked through the bus, my suitcase dragging behind me while I clutched my big bag in my hands. Tears were still streaming down my face as I said a quick good bye to a very confused looking Jordan and Nick.

I reached the door and opened it. Just as I did, running footsteps stopped me in my tracks. The sound of the guitar playing instantly made my heart melt and tears pour more down my face. Kevin’s gentle voice made me turn around to face him as he began to sing.

Pick up all your tears
Throw em in your backseat
Leave without a second glance
Somehow I'm to blame
For this never-ending racetrack you call life
Kevin sang, inching towards me.

Turn right
Into my arms
Turn right
You won't be alone
You might
Fall off this track sometimes
Hope to see you on the finish line
As Kevin approached, I took one step back down on to the step below me, his voice still ringing in my ears.

Driving all your friends
At a speed they cannot follow
Soon you will be on your own
Somehow I'm to blame
For this never-ending racetrack you call life

Turn right (turn right)
Into my arms
Turn right (turn right)
You won't be alone
You might (you might)
Fall off this track sometimes
Hope to see you at the finish line
Kevin was only a foot away from me now, his voice the only thing I could hear.

I did all I could
And I gave
Everything
But you had to go your way
And that road was not for me

Turn right
Into my arms
Turn right
You won't be alone
You might (you might)
Fall off this track sometimes
Hope to see you at the finish line
He smiled down at me as he finished singing, my heart felt like it was in my throat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey people :)
Thank you for all the comments and for subscribing :)
How about you comment again this time?
Lauren x