Status: Complete

Black Keys

Claire's POV

When we got back to the bus Lauren was gone and Kevin had retreated to the practice room. I wanted to find out what was wrong but thought I would give them space and ask them later tonight.

I was still upset that Lauren didn’t tell me about Luke. I mean of course I would have tried and stopped her from replying but I only wanted her to be happy and if being with Luke made her happy so be it.

“I’m sure Lauren didn’t tell you for a reason, she might have been waiting to tell you tonight.” Jordan tried cheering me up.

“Lauren did have a reason, it’s because I’ve always hated Luke and she knows if she tells me I will tell her what I think and she won’t like it.” I said.

“Look when Lauren gets back ask her about it, I’m sure she will tell you.” Jordan said.

Just then Lauren walked on to the bus, her make up was smudged down her face. She was hurting and I had no idea why.

“Lauren are you ok?” I asked worried.

“No.” She said before walking into the bunk area and grabbed her suitcase and bag.

“What’s going on?” I asked when I saw her chucking her things into her bag.

“Im going home, it’s for the best.” She mumbled, not looking up from her bag.

“No you’re not. You need to stay Lauren, Forever True needs you. I need you.” I pleaded as I started unpacking her bag.

“You’ll be fine. I really need to leave, just trust me Claire.” Lauren said, re-packing the things I just unpacked.

“Joe, get Kevin now.” I called into the living area, almost in tears.

“Kevin’s not going to help.” Lauren mumbled.

“Yes he will.” I said determined he will.

“No, believe me he wont.” Lauren said, closing her suitcase.

“Please Lauren.” I whispered, trying to stop myself from crying.

“No Claire, im sorry.” Lauren said, grabbing her things and beginning to walk out.

Lauren was stopped my Joe’s tall figure blocking the door.

“He said he can’t come. He needs to do what he’s doing. Wait, Lauren where are you going?” Joe said confused.

“Im going home. Bye.” Lauren said, walking past him.

“What?” Joe said confused.

I gave a small cry, walking past Joe.

Lauren walked off the bus, when Kevin came running off past me with his guitar in his hand.

Pick up all your tears
Throw them in your backseat
Leave without a second glance
Somehow I'm to blame
For this never-ending racetrack you call life
Kevin sang, inching towards Lauren. Joe came out and joined me on the steps of the bus.

Kevin was inches from Lauren when he finished the song. Lauren had a smile on her face, I looked up and Joe who was beaming from ear to ear.

“Aww how sweet.” Nick sang from behind Joe.

“Way to spoil the moment Nick!” Jordan said smacking him slightly on the chest before dragging him back inside.

“I think we should go inside give them some privacy.” Joe said taking hold of me shoulders.

“But, what if she leaves?” My voice coming out shakily.

“Kevin won’t let her.” Joe said before leading me back on the bus.

When we got back on the bus, Denise was stood by the kitchen with tears in her eyes.

“What’s wrong mom?” Nick asked slightly worried.

“Nothing is wrong Nicholas, everything is perfect. My boys are all growing up and falling in love.” She smiled before Joe and Nick hugged her.

“Jordan, Claire get here now, I’ve always wanted daughters.” She said as Jordan and I walked across the bus towards them. Instantly joining the hug.

Lauren and Kevin walked onto the bus hand in hand, I guess the song worked. They both were smiling causing the rest of us to smile.

“We have something to tell you.” Kevin said the color in his cheeks reddening.

“Congratulations brother.” Joe stood up to congratulate his brother on the news he didn’t even announce yet.

“Joe, sit back down they haven’t said nothing yet.” I said trying not to laugh.

“As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted Lauren and I are now a couple.” Kevin said glaring at Joe.

“Kevin, wrote me a song I mean who could say no to that face.” Lauren smiled.

“Now can I congratulate them?” Joe asked.

“Yes!” Jordan, Nick and I said rushing to hug them.

After we got over the excitement we all went to bed, not before Lauren deleted all Luke’s text messages and his number from her phone.

In the morning we were all awoken by a voice we thought we wouldn’t hear for a few more weeks. Simon’s.

“Right all of you up, dressed and at the front in five minutes.” He sounded angry; I scurried into the bathroom to get changed.

“Remember what ever he says, he can not make us stop seeing each other.” Joe said before walking out with me. We joined Nick and Jordan on the sofa, Lauren was getting changed and Kevin was making the coffee and hot chocolates.

“Now everybody is here, I can start.” Simon said taking a coffee from Kevin.

“Actually Simon, I have to tell you something.” Kevin started.

“Nothing can make my mood worse, what is it?” He snapped.

“Uh- Lauren and I are dating now.” Kevin said pulling Lauren closer to him.

“I was wrong, my day as just got worse. You kids do you realize how many rumors there are about Claire and Joe after last nights little collaboration.”

“We know Simon, but we can’t help how we feel.” Nick said.

“I know but I just wish you all wouldn’t feel it at the same time. Right what we are going to have to do is get you lot seen around with different people to kill the rumors.” Simon said.

“What like other boys?” Lauren asked.

“Yes, and other girls for Kevin and Joe.” He replied.

“I don’t like where this is going.” Nick muttered before excusing himself and Jordan.

Jordan gave Lauren and I apologetic glances before leaving after all she had gone through all this a year before.

“Come on, we have only been dating three weeks, and Lauren and Kevin only a few hours can’t you just leave it for a while?” I moaned.

“Well, this is what happens when you are in the spotlight Claire, now I was thinking Joe remember when you were dating Taylor we got you to be seen with Chelsea Staub. You will be seen out with her in the next country understood.” Simon said to Joe.

Joe just nodded, I guess he knew there was no point in arguing with Simon. It did hurt a little though.

“Right Claire, how do you feel about going on to a red carpet premier of Nicholas Braun and Chelsea Stuab’s new film Minute Men?” He asked me I shrugged.

“Will you two be able to cope, seeing each other with different people?” Simon asked.

“It looks like we are going to have to doesn’t it.” Joe said taking my hand and walking towards the bunks.

“Come on let’s go out.” Joe said grabbing his jacket.

“Where to?” I asked grabbing mine.

“You like ice cream?” He asked taking my hand.

“I love it.” I smiled.

“Right let’s go get some ice cream obviously as FRIENDS.” Joe ethicized the word friends as we walked past Simon, Kevin and Lauren who were discussing something.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, not what you guys expected?
Thank you to Jordan for the idea from the last chapter.
I enjoy writing this story, do you enjoy reading it?