Status: Complete

Black Keys

Claire's POV

We arrived back at our apartment on the early hours of Monday morning. All three of us were busy getting ready for the party Monday night. We were having a Bamboozle party to celebrate the weekend.

When I was ready I checked my reflection in the mirror, I was wearing a black knee length dress with purple heels. My newly dyed black hair was curled slightly and my eyes had Smokey make up round them. I matched this with purple and black rubber bracelets and a purple clutch bag.

I walked out of my room to find Jordan waiting. She was wearing a gold knee length strapless pleated dress with black heels. Her hair was straight falling just below her shoulders. She was wearing a simple black bracelet and carrying a black clutch bag. She looked beautiful.

“You look amazing.” I smiled at her before knocking on Lauren’s door.

“I’m coming!” Lauren called before her bedroom door flew open revealing Lauren in a lose purple dress that she wore off one shoulder, it hung on her slim figure perfectly. She was wearing gold heels and carrying a gold clutch bag with a gold bracelet on her wrist. Her black hair was up in a up do. She was wearing gold eyeliner and eye shadow.

“Let’s go.” Jordan smiled linking her arms through both mine and Lauren’s.

“No drugs, no drink and no boys.” Jordan was imitating our mums before she started laughing.

We arrived at the club where the party was being held a little after eight. We walked into the club which was already in full swing. We found a table near the back of the club and sat there.

“There you are, would you like a drink?” Alex walked up to us.

“Yes please I’ll have a diet coke.” Jordan smiled.

“An ordinary coke please.” I said.

“I’ll come with you to help you carry them.” Lauren said getting up and following Alex over to the bar.

“Jordan, do you ever get sick of not being able to get hold of Nick when you want to talk to him?” I asked curious not once has Jordan complained about this whole filming thing.

“Yes of course I do but I know how much Nick loves his job and I know how much he loves me. So I just get on with it, it just means when we do get time together we appreciate it more.” Jordan always had a positive approach to everything.

“Here we go, are you sure you don’t want something stronger?” Alex asked as he placed our drinks down on the table.

“No thank you, I haven’t drank in months.” I replied.

Lauren was clutching a WKD; I was just about to ask her why she was drinking but decided against it. After a while Alex and Rian from All Time Low joined us along with Jonathan and Marc from Forever The Sickest Kids.

“Did you three like plan to wear all the same colours?” Marc asked.

“No, we just kind of got ready without discussing our outfits with each other.” Jordan laughed.
“Oh well you all look stylish.” Alex smiled.

Soon Rian and Marc left to talk to other people, leaving Jonathan and Alex sat with us. Jordan’s phone rang; she excused herself from the table and walked outside.

“It’s her prince charming.” Lauren giggled. We both found Jordan and Nick’s relationship cute.

“Won’t Joe and Kevin be calling you two soon?” Alex said watching Jordan leave.

“Joe only calls me when he has longer than ten minutes to spare because I get annoyed when he has to quickly hang up.” I laughed thinking about how stupid it sounded.

“Kevin usually doesn’t call me at a night time because I’m usually in bed. I like my sleep.” Lauren explained.

I quickly finished my drink and went to get the next round of drinks in. Getting Jordan a diet coke and Lauren another WKD, I ordered myself a vodka and coke. Alcohol always made me more social. I had a feeling I was going to need it tonight.

When I came back Jordan was back inside talking to Pink over by the DJ table. I put mine and Lauren’s drinks down on the table before walking over and handing Jordan her drink. When I arrived back at the table Lauren was swaying slightly, she had a new WKD bottle in her hand.

“Lauren, are you drunk?” I asked laughing.

“Not yet.” She smiled. I downed my drink in one.

“Shot game?” I asked Lauren, who nodded. Jonathan and Alex pulled their seats around the table joining in as well.

“1, 2, 3.” Alex said and all four of us knocked back our shots and sucked on a slice of lemon.

Jordan came back when it was only Lauren and I in the game, Alex and Jonathan gave up after their seventh shot. Lauren and I were currently on our thirteenth.

“What are you two doing, what happened to not drinking?” Jordan said gesturing to the shot glasses and the empty bottle of vodka.

“Well what happened to them calling us every day! I think we deserve a bit of fun.” I slurred as Jordan pulled Lauren and I up. The boys followed us out.

“Where we going?” Lauren asked.

“Home, you two are going to have a hangover in the morning.” Jordan said.

“Forever True, over here was it a good night. You all look beautiful tonight, Jordan where’s your ring? Claire you have changed your hair colour does Joe like it? Lauren is it true you and Kevin are over? Are you three really best friends? Alex, Jonathan do you date these two girls?” The paparazzi fired questions at us.

“It was an amazing night. Without these two girls here I would be nothing. I love them loads” Lauren slurred pulling Jordan and I into a hug.

“Shit! I forgot to tell Joe.” I said suddenly remembering.

“Are you and Joe dating Claire?” A pap asked.

“No, Lauren and Claire are single. Joe is our driver.” Jordan tried cover up my mistake, while I was dialling Joe’s number.

“Hello.” I slurred into the phone.

“Claire, what’s going on?” Joe asked.

Jordan snatched the phone out of my hands talking into it. While walking us away from the paparazzi.

“Yes, we are ready to be picked up now thank you.” and with that she hung up, luckily our driver did pull up a few minutes later.

We climbed into the car, Jordan still holding my phone. She didn’t look happy, Alex and Jonathan were getting dropped off at their hotel. The ride home was silent when we got in the apartment Jordan started ranting.

“I can’t leave you alone for two minutes can I? You were so lucky the paparazzi believed that story Claire. Don’t even think about calling Joe until you are sober.” She said handing me back my phone.

I just collapsed on the couch while Jordan turned to Lauren. “I hope you have a hangover in the morning!”

I awoke to my phone ringing, I reached out for it cursing at the sun. It was half six in the morning and Joe was calling me. I panicked the events of last night running across my mind.

“Hello.” I answered the phone timidly.

“Hello, which Claire am I talking to my blonde haired sober one or the black haired drunken one that is all over the blog sites this morning?” Joe sounded pissed off.

“The black haired sober one?” I mumbled.

“What happened last night? In fact what happened since last time I saw you, a few days ago you were normal now your, your just not you.” Joe asked.

“Joe, I’m sorry I forgot to tell you about me dying my hair. It was a last minute arrangement, I wanted a change. About last night, it was the Bamboozle party at first I didn’t drink but then I just had one. Then Lauren challenged me to a shot game, and Alex and Jonathan joined in I won.” I said in one breath.

“How did I know it would come back to Jonathan, I don’t know what’s gotten into you, you were fine a few days ago.” Joe said his voice portraying his hurt and anger.

“What’s that supposed to mean Joe, Jonathan didn’t force me to drink I drank because Nick called Jordan and I was missing you-“

“Wait so it is all my fault, i didn’t chose to go across the world for months I had to Claire. Well you are in the headlines today, wait WE are because if you don’t remember you practically told the paparazzi we were dating.” Joe ranted.

“Well I’m sorry for telling the world we are dating Joe, don’t you want them to know I mean it as been almost eight months. If you feel that ashamed of dating me maybe we should just call it quits.” I said regretting it after the words left my mouth.

“I can’t talk to you while you’re like this. I’ll call you soon.” And with that the line went dead.

“Bad times?” Jordan questioned putting the kettle on. I just nodded.