Status: Complete

Black Keys

Claire's POV

It had been two months since that dreadful night. Joe did call me back, which ended in more anger and tears. Neither of us had ended it but we knew we couldn’t work things out while he was in Canada. After that I busied myself by promoting the album and hanging around with Jonathan Cook. We had gotten closer since Bamboozle, he was one of my best friends.

Jonathan and Alex always got invited to all the cool clubs in town, don’t get me wrong Forever True did as well but because we had a clean image to keep up we never attended as the band Forever True. Jordan only went to one or two, deciding it wasn’t worth the hassle of the rumours so Lauren and I went while Jordan and Selena and Demi stayed and had movie nights.

The day that the boys came back I woke up feeling sick, I was tempted to just curl back up in bed and fall asleep but Jordan was having none of my self pity. She dragged me out of bed telling me I had to face up to Joe sometime.

When we received the text saying the boys were not busy, I showered and dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a purple vest top chucking on my Bamboozle jumper before straightening my long black hair. Once I had finished applying all the make up I usually wear, I had started to wear liquid eyeliner all the time, I walked out of my bedroom to find the girls waiting for me.

When we arrived outside of the Jonas’s house, Nick and Jordan embraced each other as soon as we walked inside. My eyes went to the floor, I was having doubts about coming today I mean Joe and I never officially ended it we just grew apart.

Nick and Jordan had soon disappeared into the garden, not before Jordan gave me a push towards Joe. Kevin and Lauren had gone upstairs to talk.

“So, I think we need to talk.” Joe voice broke the silence I nodded and followed Joe upstairs into his and Frankie’s room. Mr. and Mrs. Jonas had taken Frankie shopping.

As soon as the bedroom door closed, I started to ramble about every thing.

“Joe, I’m so sorry I should have just ignored the paparazzi then none of this would be awkward.” I said looking at him, he was sat on his bed his head in his hands.

“You don’t get it do you? It’s not about that, I mean yeah it was a shock but that’s sorted now. It’s you, you have changed it’s like you aren’t the Claire I met back last year.” Joe said.

“What because I changed my hair colour? I’m still the same person Joe.” I said sitting down by him.

“Will you just listen to me for one minute!” Joe raised his voice, I shrank back a bit my eyes widened I just nodded.

“It’s not just your hair colour; it’s your all attitude towards every thing lately. It’s like you don’t care about any one but yourself and what club you are going to go to that night.” Joe’s voice softened.

“People change, I admit I have changed a bit but it was only because I was missing you.” I said reaching out towards Joe.

“Here you go again, if it’s all my fault maybe we should just say goodbye now. I mean if I made you like this I don’t want to stick around to see what other damage I have caused!” Joe stood up, his face was gaining colour where he was angry.

“I’m not blaming it on you, I get it you have to be everywhere for the fans and I respect that! But you could have called more, like Nick called Jordan every night. Where was my calls from my doting boyfriend?” I screamed at him.

“I was busy, but you wouldn’t know anything about that would you because you just party all the time. I’m not surprised you don’t have a hangover maybe you do? Where’s Jonathan I mean that’s who you go to all the clubs with right?”

“Are you saying Forever True have had it easy these past few months, you are wrong we have done more promoting these past few months than I have-“

“Drank?” Joe questioned stepping closer to me.

“Uh- well.” I said looking down at the floor. Joe placed his hands on my shoulders.

“There you have it, why don’t you just go get ready to drink your career down the drain! But remember it’s not just your career it’s your friends as well. This time maybe when you stumble out of the club, you could tell the paparazzi we are over!” Joe seethed, shaking me slightly. My eyes were burning from the tears I was trying to hold in.

“Joe- please don’t do this.” I sobbed letting the tears run down my face.

“It’s for your own good Claire. I’m sorry.” He said gently pressing his forehead against mine looking into my eyes, I saw hurt, regret and anger in his eyes. He pecked my lips quickly before turning around looking out of the window his back to me. I could see he was crying his shoulders were shaking slightly.

I took a step towards him, but then realized it won’t make any difference it was over. I ran out of the bedroom and out of the house Lauren hot on my tail.

When we got home I locked myself in my bedroom, I ripped every picture of Joe and I from my wall, before I curled up in a ball and cried ignoring my phone ringing and Lauren’s pleads for me to open the door.

I stayed in my room for two days refusing to come out. Then the next day I woke up and deleted all my texts and miss calls from my phone. Removing the bracelet from my wrist placing it in my drawer. I was going to take Joe’s advice; I was going to drown my sorrows.

I walked out of bedroom wearing my party clothes. It was only mid day but I was going to a place where the clubs are open twenty four seven. Lauren and Kevin were sat in the kitchen, I tried to sneak out the front door without getting caught but I stubbed my top on the coffee table.

“Where are you going?” Lauren asked.

“I am going to go get some painkillers and some ice cream then tomorrow I am going to get up and we can start promoting our album again.” I lied through my teeth, my back to Lauren. If she looked into my eyes, she would be able to tell I was lying straight away.

“Claire, I’m so happy. Just busy yourself with work for a while.” Lauren’s the happy tone in her voice made me feel sick. Why did I lie to her, I had never lied to her before.

I walked out the door, and got into a cab. “To the airport please.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so thank you so much to everyone that has read, subscribed and commented.
Thanks to you awesome people we have 9 stars now :]
Also, thanks to the people that have already gone to With Every Strike of Lightening and subscribed already :]
How about a few more comments for when Claire gets back?
Lauren x