Status: Complete

Black Keys

Lauren's POV

Claire stayed in her room for the 2 days after her and Joe’s split. The night after I tried my hardest to get in to her room to talk to her, to help her get over it, she just ignored me though. It wasn’t until the day after that I found out what had happened from Jordan when she got home from staying with the boys for the night.

After 2 days, Kevin came round to talk to me. We were sat in the kitchen when Claire left her room and came downstairs. At first I didn’t hear her. In the end I heard her because she obviously stubbed her toe and was shouting about that.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“I am going to go get some painkillers and some ice cream then tomorrow I am going to get up and we can start promoting our album again.” Claire said her back to me. I instantly felt happy; my best friend was coming back.

“Claire, I’m so happy. Just busy yourself with work for a while.” I smiled the happiness in my tone obvious.

Claire left after that, going out and closing the door behind her. I went back to the kitchen where Kevin was waiting for me.

“My best friends coming back.” I smiled at him.

He smiled back before taking a sip of his can of coke.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, looking him straight in the eye.

“Joe’s not coming back. He’s just a grumpy sod now.” Kevin said, suddenly looking very angry.

“Oh.” I muttered, my sudden good mood vanishing.

“Is oh all you have to say? If it wasn’t for Claire completely changing, they would be happy. Even Jordan and Nick are having trouble because of all of this.” Kevin said, raising his voice at me.

“Well what am I supposed to say Kevin? Give Joe my condolences? In that case Claire should be sad too? Its not my fault that people change, to be honest, ive changed to, we’ve all changed. It’s not my fault that Jordan and Nick are having trouble; they’re together, end of. Claire and Joe isn’t together, end of. Ok, im sorry that everyone’s so depressed and that Jordan and Nick don’t know what to do because of everything.” I shouted, my hands moving on their own accord.

“Yeah, I can see you’ve changed too.” Kevin shouted above me, standing and walking from the room.

“Ill take it your just going to insult me and leave then.” I called.

“I didn’t insult you, I agreed with you. I think its time that I leave though, don’t you.” Kevin shouted before walking out of the apartment.

I sat down again, my head in my hands as I tried to control my breathing once again. Tears formed in my eyes as I sat there and thought about what had just happened.

After nearly half an hour of trying to compose myself, the front door opened and Jordan and Nick walked in.

“Lauren, what’s wrong?” Jordan asked when she saw me.

“Don’t worry.” I mumbled, standing and walking over to the window.

“I am worried. Where’s Claire?”

“Well… you don’t need to be worried about me. Claire went out to get ice cream and some paracetamol’s. She’s not come back yet though so im going to ring her in a minute.” I said, still looking out of the window.

“Ill ring her in a minute.” Jordan said while Nick

“Ok, im going upstairs.” I said. Turning around, I smiled at Nick and Jordan before walking up stairs and into my room.

I went upstairs, curling in a ball in my bed once I got there. Within half an hour, I was asleep, thankful for the dreams of being on a beach in another country.

After sleeping for a couple of hours, I was woken up by Jordan shaking me urgently. Nick was stood in the doorway with a worried expression on his face.

“Lauren, Lauren, Claire wont answer her phone. She’s been gone for nearly 4 hours.” Jordan said, sounding urgent.

“What? What do you mean, she’s not back yet?” I said, sitting up straight and rubbing my eyes.

“She hasn’t came home.” Jordan sounded more panicked now I was more awake.

“Shit, pass me my phone.” I said.

Jordan quickly grabbed my phone off of the side and passed it to me. I searched through my contacts quickly, going straight to Jonathan’s number.

“Jonathan?” I said the second he answered.

“Hey, yeah it’s me Lauren.” He replied calmly.

“I need you to go to loads of clubs and search for Claire.”

“What? Why?” He asked sounding worried.

“She went out hours ago and hasn’t come home. Her and Joe broke up the other day and today’s the first time she left her room.” I sounded quickly.

“Ok, ill go looking for her.”

“Thanks Jonathan.” And with that, I hung up.

Again, I scrolled through my contacts, searching for the right number. Within moments I was dialling Alex’s number.

“Alex, I need you to go to any clubs and look for Claire.” I said before he could speak.

“What do you mean go to clubs and look for Claire?” Alex asked, sounding confused.

“She went out hours ago and hasn’t come home. Just go and look for her.” I said.

“Ok, I will.” Alex said.

“Thanks.” And once again, I hung up.

I jumped up from the bed, suddenly feeling very awake and full of energy. Pulling on my shoes and jacket, I grabbed my keys and phone, rushing out of the room, past Nick and Jordan.

“Where are you going?” Jordan asked, running after me.

“If I know Claire, which I do, she’ll be doing something stupid right now and proving Joe right.” I said, rushing down the stairs.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Nick asked, sounding annoyed.

“It’s supposed to mean, Joe’s said something about Claire drinking so she’s proving him right. Stay here and wait for her to come back, ring around if you have to.” I said before running out of the house and to the car.

After nearly 3 hours of driving around, going into clubs and asking people that would know who Claire is if they had seen her, I gave up. Sliding into the car, I banged my head against the steering wheel, just as my phone began ringing.

“Hello?” I said, my head still resting on the steering wheel.

“Hey Lauren.” Jonathan said, sounding tired.

“Any luck?” I said, hoping for the best.

“Yup, im sat with Claire in my car now.”

“You’re joking?” I said, sitting up.

“Nope, here.” Jonathan said.

I could here the phone being passed before Claire’s familiar voice spoke through the phone.

“Hey Lauren.” She slurred.

“Claire, I can’t believe you have done this. You’ve just proved him right.” I said angrily, but deep down I was relieved.

“Im sorry.” Claire slurred again before hiccupping.

After speaking to Claire, I drove home to see Kevin’s car in the drive. Cursing under my breath, I pulled up and cut the engine. Climbing out, I counted to ten in my head so that I would keep calm, not wanting to argue with Kevin again after having been worried about Claire.

When I walked into the living room, Kevin was sat on the sofa, looking at the phone while Jordan paced the room, Nick trying to stop her.

“She’s ok.” I said, making every one turn to me.

“You found her? Where’s she too?” Jordan said, stopping in the spot. Nick instantly wrapped his arms around her to keep her still.

“No, Jonathan did. She’s in Vegas still.” I said, sitting on the chair, my head in my hands.

After a few minutes, I heard Jordan and Nick walk upstairs. I stayed sat where I was, my head still placed firmly in my hands. Kevin moved, sitting on the floor in front of me.

“Im sorry about before.” He mumbled.

“It’s ok.”

“No its not. You didn’t need to have that.” Gently, my head was pulled from my hands. I looked up to see Kevin sat in front of me, my hands now enclosed in his.

“Never mind, what’s done is done.” I said, tears brimming in my eyes.

Kevin saw the tears and was soon pulling me onto his lap, comforting me while I kept my head rested in the crook of his neck. After a while, I had stopped crying, Kevin kept holding me though. I was happy now, Claire had been found and Kevin and I weren’t arguing, we were ok again.