‹ Prequel: Should've Said No

Picture to Burn

Chapter 7

That morning, I awoke early and got dressed into my robes. I was starving so I went to the great hall by myself. Only a coupe early risers were there.

"Children, I wish that you stay here until everyone is in the great hall, I have an announcement to make." Dumbledore said. An owl came down to me and delivered a letter.

Thought I forgot you,love, didn't you. Always the early riser you are. Dumbledores big announcement a fun thing, wondering how I know this, many are.

Much Love,
Him.
I wrote my reply on the back.

Who are you? Give me a hint oh please, I beg. No I do not beg. I don't care. But a hint about this suprise would be better.

"Send this to sent you to me." I said confused. The owl flew out the window and more and more owls came in so I could not see where he was sitting.

I did how ever get a reply.

Oh, Darling don't we all want to know what the surprise is. Well let's just say it has to do with costumes. My hint however about who I am is. I maybe considered a git, evil. But I have my soft side. Which I hate. I have to maintain my reputation. I am not a Hufflepuff and I am not a Ravencalw, if that helps.

~him.


"Ohhh whats Taylor got." Hermione said snatching the letter from my hands.

"give it back!" I said trying to grab it. She stopped and I snatched it.

"Who is this? This certainly isn't the first one! let me see them!!" She smiled.

"what are you talking about?" Harry said taking the letter.

"Oh Merlin, why don't you annouce it to the world Hermione? Every ones probably gonna figure it out any way!" I sighed.

"whoa." Harry said passing it back.

"Accio letters." I said. All the letters I got from him came to me. I gave them to Hermione and she passed them to Harry when she was done. Good thing Ron was to obbsessed with his food to notice.

"Gotten of to a great start? Starshine?Much Love? My soft side? Reputation?" Harry and Hermione would go back and forth.

"Any ideas who he is?" I asked.

"Well who's a Gryffindor with a reputation?" Harry asked.

"You." I cracked a smile.

"It's not me. You know I'm no early riser, who else."

"Fred and George?" I asked.

"Well yeah." He said

"But he could be a Slytherin." Hermione interjected.

"Fred and George show their soft sides. Not them. A SYTHERIN WITH A SOFT SIDE?" I whispered angerly.

"Well, who has a reputation?" Hermione asked.

"Zambini,Malfoy,Nott." Harry said. I burst out laughing.

"WHICH ONE OF THEM WOULD HAVE A SOFT SIDE!" I laughed. Just then another owl camee.

I like you laugh. Still haven't figured me out? I am...oh shit, here comeCr
bye.


"Read this one." I said.

"Look!" We turned to the Slytherin table to see Crabbe and Goyle walk over to Malfoy, Zambini, and Parkinson.

"It's either Zambini or Malfoy." I said.

"Why is that?" Hermione asked.

"Wow. Hermione I thought you wouldv'e figured it out. Here come Cr. C.R as Crabbe and Goyle! C.R.A.B.B.E and if it was one person it would've said comes." I explained.

"Ew." Hermione said. I wrote back.

your a slytherin aren't you, I knew it. Please tell me who you are.

I turned to see who got the letter. It was...

"Attention students: I am establishing a tradition this year. 5th year students will have a halloween ball. The other students may as well attend the normal halloween parties in the common rooms. For this ball you will be given a mask. You have to wear it all night and you may not tell anyone what it looks like or what house you are from at the dance. Your head of house will give you your mask later today. Hogsmeade trip this weekend for you to get your dance things. That is all."

I figured I'd keep my mystery guy a mystery to everyone but me.

We went to transfiguration and at the end of class McGonagall told Hermione, Parvarti,Padma, Lavender and I to stay back to get our masks. They were in white boxes and she told us not to open them in front of anyone. Classes went on and on and I finally got to open my box. I went into the bathroom in our room.

"Hermione! open yours in their and I'll open mine in here!" I yelled.

"Okay. on three. One, Two Three."

"OH MI GOD!" We screamed at the sametime. I didn't know what hers looked like but mine looked like this It was gorgeous. I put it back in the box .

"Can I come into my room now?" I yelled.

"Yes!" Hermione yelled back.

"Mine is gorgeous!" I said.

"Mine too."

"I wish we could show eachother. What are we supposed to do, shop by ourselves!" I said.

"Wel, we could...make it so maybe.....it's just us to who know. We could buy our dresses and do makeup. Who would know right?" She smiled.

"YES! But wait until hogsmeade to show eachother." I said.

"Fine." She huffed.