Status: Completed

Death by Fire

Death by Fire

Time passed leisurely as Victoria stared at the clock. The last day of school had finally arrived and it was three minutes until the last bell rung.

“Man, I can’t wait to leave. Summer’s finally here and I need a break.” Victoria let out a sigh of relief as she spoke. She deemed of all the places she could go this summer vacation.

“I know right. School went by so fast.” Jesse replied.

In no time, the bell had rung, signaling the official end of school until three months had passed. Victoria was the first one out the door and down the stairs that led outside. She reached the doors to her freedom and heard them slam shut. She came to an unfamiliar sight. There was no queue for the snack machine, no barrage of students ready to trample anyone in their way, no smug students singing their way to the bus area.

Maybe Victoria’s overexcitement had caused her to have an illusion; things were just too silent for the last day at school. At that moment, everything went black; nothing but darkness was present. Then, a fire appeared at a distance. It got closer and soon Victoria could fell the burning sensation the fire gave off.

An acute laugh sounded from behind her. She turned to see nothing.

“Greetings, my princess.” The voice spoke again.

Victoria sighed; she knew exactly who it was. Stryker. This was going to be a major setback for her summer plans. He appeared from thin air, his red hair the most dominant of his features.

“Hello, love.” He voiced again. “Would you be so kind as to-”

“No, I will not be your fiancé. For the last time, can’t you understand the point?”

“But I promise my utter fidelity and to douse you with my love. Is that not enough for you my princess?”

“Nope, you’re just not the one.”

“Very well then. It’s a shame; your summer was looking so bright, but now it’s very bleak.”

His eyes turned a raging red, blurred by the ravenous look in them. He lunged forward and seized Victoria.

“If I cannot have you, no one will. Sorry to say dear, but your end has come.”
With that, he threw her into the fire that lingered in the background. She made no sound as she suffered her death. ‘No more summer plans’ she thought. The scene was quiet gory though there was a lack of blood.

The red head smiled at his gross ways of mere human disposal.

“They don’t call me Satan for nothing.” He walked through a portal and sat at his thrown in Hell. He would watch how those that loved Victoria would suffer.