Who's She; And What's With Sasuke?

10: Chunin Exam Stage 2: Forest of Death Part 4

I opened my eyes to a bright light. The sun was shining down on me, burning my sight, etching it with whiteness.

Sasuke: "Kaida?" I heard my name being choked out. I turned my head slowly, searching for the speaker.

Sasuke.

He was laying next to me, his eyes dull and darkened, gray circles surrounding them. Moving my vision down his broken body, I noticed our hands were holding each other's. I smiled, automatically. But it faded when I returned my gaze to my bruised partner. His expression held sadness and fear, though it was difficult to read.

Kaida: "Sasuke." I whispered. My hair was sprawled along the mossy tree branch under me, framing my head with stringy strands of blackness. "What happened?" I heard the crunching of leaves and sticks beside me, but didn't bother to look at what caused it.

Naruto: "Oh I'll tell you what happened! You two have some serious issues to work out! First, you abandoned me and went off into your own little world, then, when I came back, you were screaming out wonderful little lines of your colorful vocabulary, but after like, five minutes, you were both passed out holding each other peacefully. Isn't that just swell?!" I laughed, bitterly.

Kaida: "Don't assume everything was just fine and dandy, Naruto. We're in pain and we don't feel like dealing with your whining. Go complain to that tree over there or something." I yawned, stretching my right arm out.

Sasuke: "Be nice, Kaida. He doesn't know. He can't do anything about it." I rolled my eyes and looked at Sasuke.

Kaida: "He can shut up. That would help a lot." Naruto scoffed and began walking away.

Naruto: "Fine, fine. I'll just go get you some water or something like that. Sheesh." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Kaida: "Please and thank you." I called out to him.

Sasuke: "Are you okay?" I sighed and gently squeezed Sasuke's hand.

Kaida: "I'm getting there. We'll be fine. I'll ask Kakashi about that snake thing and see if he knows anything about it." I sat up, groaning from a sharp pain in my shoulder. "Can you check my back? I think something bit me."

Sasuke: "Sure.." He sat up as well, moving halfway behind me. Pulling down my left sleeve, he began shaking.

Kaida: "What? Is it bad?" He trailed the tips of his fingers in a circle around my skin between the base of my neck and my shoulder blade. "Not that it feels bad; but what are you doing?"

Sasuke: "Theres a mark on your back."

Oh, well that was blunt.

Kaida: "...Like a bite mark.... Or...?" I raised an eyebrow, thinking he could see it.

Sasuke: "It looks like a small tattoo." I thought for a second.

Well, I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten drunk in the past month, nor did I spend any time with Tsunade... So, what?

Kaida: "What does it look like...? I mean, what kind of a tattoo?"

Sasuke: "Uhm.. Its hard to describe. Does it matter? It's probably nothing."

Kaida: "Yes, because every single time someone says 'it's probably nothing,' it turns out to be absolutely nothing." I rolled my eyes. "Let me see your back." Sasuke retreated and sat in front of me, facing me.

Sasuke: "No." He furrowed his brows at me. I scowled.

Kaida: "What do you mean, 'no?'"

Sasuke: "Not right now. We need to get out of here."

Kaida: "No! What about the exams?!" He stared at me incredulously. As if I said something he couldn't comprehend.

Sasuke: "We were just attacked, almost killed, probably poisoned; and you want to stay here and not go to a paramedic?" I sighed, running my right hand through my hair.

Kaida: "Sasuke..." I started, looking into his eyes, "As much as I love acting helpless and getting support, I want to finish this. We started it, we've gotten far, and we're going to end it. Now, are you with me, or not?"

Sasuke: "....Fine. But we better hurry. Times almost up, and I doubt there are many teams left on-field." I stood up, helping him up afterwards. When he smiled, I smirked.

Kaida: "Then we better hurry."
♠ ♠ ♠
wow; my shift key's a bitch.
so is my enter key.
so much for finally getting a laptop.)=
anyways; hope you liked it. it was short, yes, but its better than nothing right?
im ending the FoD next chapter, so it'll have to be long.
many, many battles.
hm, yes, quite.
anyone who gets that reference is amazing.

<3