Astronaut.

that was one lonely night

The night was as lonely as a dead girl’s teddy bear. Though every second was filled with a sort of adrenaline-rushing excitement, there was a substantial amount of fear.(what if we are caught will anyone ask why we are here this shouldnt be happening we cant do this)

Jupiter kept these thoughts in a small box in her mind. They were bothersome; she wanted nothing to do with them. She only wanted to bathe in the moonlight with her man.

Noah was her man. They hadn’t known each other for long, and already he was a part of the family. He played with Lora Joan nearly every day and had begun to eat dinner with them. Her husband hadn’t seemed to mind; he was hidden behind his dark veil of secret depression. He had started to bring Jupiter down with him, and it annoyed her. She wanted to be happy; didn’t she deserve to be happy?

The only thing that eased her worry was Noah. He was kind and attentive; listening to every word she said like each one was pure, instant fact. She saw the way he looked at her. It was a soft kind of infatuation that she realized could become dangerous. Living in the world she did required much more of her than a pretty smile now and then. Her husband would not take it well, of that there was no doubt.

And yet the storm had passed, and the astronaut explorers, lost in a world of aliens, were meeting again.

The Lake was beautiful as ever, quiet as a whisper and as gorgeous as the heavens, and they were pleased. Noah took his shirt off and dropped it to the pebble-covered ground. Jupiter didn’t mind. He kicked off his shoes and rolled up his pants. She watched with mild interest and weary admiration as he waded out into the shallow water. The moon’s light rippled around him and made it seem as though his silhouette was dancing. Her smile widened as her eyes moved over his back. He was handsome from every angle.

Her man turned to her and smiled. His dark curls were shining like ebony sunshine around his face. She remembered the way that they moved in the wind while they had driven there. Her excitement had led her to lean her entire upper body out the passenger’s window and feel the cool wetness of the stormy air on her skin. Music played in her head and it was sweet. It was the choir singing of the coming of a glorious night. She saw it, this nearby future, with gold sparkles and warm feelings. The present was dull but getting brighter, but tonight was going to be brilliant. She would wake up thinking it was a dream – oh, what a wondrous dream – but she would know, in her heart, that it was real.

And so she daydreamed up until the moment came, and she dreamed no longer.

They sat, side by side, looking at each other on the soft sandy beach. She admired his every feature and felt she would never forget its shape. His eyes shimmered with light of Heaven as he looked on her. She believed he was thinking the same thing of her. A smile pulled on her smooth lips, and a twinkle grew in her eye. Only two words were said in the night.

In the air around them, there had been a feeling. It lasted for five days.

On the first day, Jupiter believed herself to have eaten something particularly good. Every time she caught herself looking at Noah, she found a warm, tingling sensation in her fingers. It reached to her palm within the hour, and then faded away once she became distracted by something else. She seemed almost in a haze without that tingling feeling.

On the second day, she began sleeping with Lora Joan. Her husband would find her curled up beside her sister, sometimes a protective arm draped across her. She didn’t ever remember going there in the night, seeing as how she fell asleep beside him, but she had suddenly been needing a different warmth in sleep. Her dreams were restless, she knew. She was unhappy beside her husband.

The third day showed a new symptom that was less dramatic. She started to eat more chocolate. She had it in some form or another with every meal, including breakfast. Sometimes she sat at the table, staring at the air with a dazed look in her eye as she ate, slowly, piece by piece, the chocolate at her fingertips.

Come the fourth day, she was shaking. Every breath of air around her made each bone tremble. She
needed to be touched. Her husband’s hand was like a sculpture of a demon’s claw. It hurt her to be under him at night. She would not let him touch her anymore. She wanted something else. She ached for something different. She had no idea what it was.

On the fifth day, they had crossed paths. Noah was jittery and hadn’t washed or shaven in four days. He was paralyzed when his eye met hers. They stopped in their journeys, having noticed the other, and smiled. A moment passed between them and they knew something had to be done.

Since then, Noah had shaved. He smelled clean, and his hair was as soft as silk string. His hands were warm and gentle, pulling her to him. She felt them like hot air on her skin, so light and yet so sturdy. She melted in his arms and felt his breath on her lip.

Gasping, Jupiter turned away. He placed a curious kiss below her ear, making her shiver subtly. She touched his cheek and smiled at him. It was okay, her smile said. He didn’t have to worry.

He echoed her smile and lifted her chin with the side of his palm. There was a single moment where their lips were only a hair’s breadth apart, and they hesitated.
(is this right oh i love you so please let me)

Then their mouths met, and it was wonderful. He tasted like warm summer wind and sweet, sweet love. His lips were as gentle as she had imagined, and more. Her eyes fluttered closed, hiding her gem-studded orbs as she rose into his kiss. Both of his arms held her strongly, his fingers gripping at the cloth of her dress shirt. Her long, light grey shorts were his next target, his touch grinding against her and making trembles run through her. Those shivers were material longing.

Only two words were said in the night.

“Oh, Noah…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you think I should continue this particular part? Like...should I even go into it? Does anyone even care? I personally would like to just leave it at this, y'know...leave bunches to the imagination...but if anyone really thinks I should write what happens, I will.

But I still think some things should go unsaid.

But whatever.

I wanna know!

Hehe, and yes, the tattoos are coming soon. Patience, valued readers.

<3 Mika