An Otherwordly Necklace of Mystical Entities

Chapter 1

It was April 24th. A beautiful spring day. The sun shined brilliantly over the little town of Kawas; without a single cloud in the great blue sky. The wind blows faintly through the trees, and the flowers bud anew from the long harsh cold of winter. People conversant and laugh with each other on the busy streets of the downtown area; as if they had known one another since early childhood. Little children run around the school playground, enjoying the spectacularly warm day; completely unaware that five sophomore high school teenagers were watching them from across the street.

"I am so glad that we didn't have school on a beautiful day like today," Nicole says, watching the children play amongst each other.

"Yeah. But... I kind of feel bad about the kindergarten kids who still had to go to school," I reply, getting nothing but weird looks from my friends.

"Wow, Jennifer. You and your caring and sentimental ways," Brenden says to me, half chuckling.

"What? You think I was serious?" I ask in protest.

"Yes! Of course you were. So, stop acting like you weren't," Sabra exclaims, nudging me lightly on the side with her elbow.

I roll my eyes. "Hmph. Fine, I was serious about what I said," I say, nonchalantly.

"Hey, do you guys want to go and get some ice cream? I don't know, just to pass the time?" Sophia questions, looking happily at us all.

"Yeah, that really sounds good right now," Nicole agrees, rubbing her stomach in small circles.

"I'm up for it," Brenden says, smiling faintly.

"Sorry guys, but I can't. Remember? I have to go and help my mom with chores," I say miserably.

"Oh yeah, right. Well, can't you go and just ask your mom could you do the chores later?" Sabra suggests. Everyone knew se was not going to pass up any time to go and get some ice cream, and I really didn’t blame her. I laugh mentally.

"No. Because these chores were supposed to be done last week," I sigh in despair.

"Well, we won't go then until your done with what you have to do!" Nicole says joyously.

"No, no, no. It's fine. You guys go right on ahead. I'll just catch up with you four tomorrow,” I assure them, waving my hand in front of my face.

"Are you sure?" Brenden asks, walking up to me.

"Yeah, I'm sure," I reply, gazing into his sky blue eyes. He leans into me, and lightly grazes his lips over mine. I press deeply into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck, and his wrap around my waist.

"I wonder how long this one's going to last?" Sophia whispers to both Sabra and Nicole, but loud enough for Brenden and me to hear. After a few more moments, Brenden pulls away and smiles sweetly down at me.

"I'll see you later..." he says in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I only nod; my eyes closed and my head leaned into his shoulder, savoring the nice-smelling cologne he wore. He wraps his arms tighter around my waist, making me bite my bottom lip; trying desperately to not let out a moan.

"Alright, you two!" Nicole protests, walking over and pulling Brenden off of me.

"Okay, okay. You guys have fun at the ice cream parlor!" I say, putting on an innocent face.

"We'll see you later, honey!" Sabra says, pulling both Nicole and Sophia by the arm. Brenden looks at me and smiles once more, before walking away behind the others. I sigh heavily as I watch them walk down the street, until they were out of view. I then begin to walk the other way, towards my home.

*****

"Hey, mom. I'm home!" I yell, opening the front door.

"Hey, honey. I'm in the kitchen," I hear my mother reply.

"Here I come." I close the door behind me, and walk into the kitchen where my mother was preparing dinner.

"So, what do you want me to do?" I ask politely.

"First of all. How was your day off today?" she questions, not looking up from the pot of stew she was stirring on the stove.

"It was good, mom," I say, getting a little irritated that she wasn’t not answering my question.

"That's good, Jennifer. So, how is Brenden doing...?"

I interrupt her. "Mom!" I yell, making her look up at me. "Everyone is doing fine. Now, could you just please tell me what I have to do?" I couldn’t help it; I hate it when people don’t get to the point and ask all kinds of questions. My mother knew that.

"Alright. I just want you to go upstairs and clean out the attic."

"What? Why do I have to clean out the attic? When you said I had to do chores, I never thought you meant to clean up the attic!" I say in utter surprise.

"Oh, come on now. I just want you to dust around up there," she says, with a faint smile on her face.

"Fine. I'll do it," I sigh out in defeat. I go under the sink cabinet and pull out a very large red feather duster. This'll do, I say to myself matter-of-factly.

"Thank you Jennifer."

“Yeah, yeah," I walk out of the kitchen and up the oak wooden stairs, leading to the upstairs area. I turn to the left and stop. I look up and carefully pull down a small string that was hanging from the ceiling, and white-painted steps come down, stopping just at my feet. I walk up them, hesitantly at first. My first thought was that a huge spider was going to jump out at me as I climbed higher and higher; I shudder involuntarily.

Once I reach the top, I have second thoughts about doing this particular chore my mother set me to. The attic wasn't scary or dark at all; the bright sunlight was coming through the big window on the other side of the room. It was just that every box and item was covered in complete cobwebs; and the thought of not just one spider would jump out at me, but thousands of them sprang into my mind. I hated spiders! I build up enough courage in myself and walk around, dusting everything in eye view.

Fifteen minutes pass by rather quickly, and I was finally done. Smiling to myself for a job well done, I start to make my way back downstairs; when suddenly a blue light catches my eye. I look over to where the light was coming from and see a blue-jeweled necklace, sitting on an old stack of magazines. Hmm? I walk over to it, and pick it up delicately. I put the necklace in the sunlight to get a better glimpse. The necklace was absolutely gorgeous. In the center was a magnificent dark ocean blue jewel, and on the sides of it were two arched objects; that looked like shapes of angel's wings. In the center of the angel’s wings, on both sides, were matching blue colored pearls. I look back at the stack of magazines, and then back at the necklace in my hand.

"That's strange. I could have sworn that there was nothing on those magazines just awhile ago while I was cleaning them," I say, shrugging my shoulders, casting the concept aside.

"Oh well. I'll just ask mom if she knows anything about this." I race back down the steps hurriedly, to show my mother the exquisite treasure.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really would like feedback on this story! Thanks for reading! ^^